If only Abraham Lincoln had understood and obeyed the Constitution

I agree that we need to scrutinize the roots of our cheap labor, not excuse them . Minimize them or overlook them. As far as chattel goes, isn't that what this all about? We can't have slaves, so we exploit illegals instead because it's all so humanitarian. What would Lincoln say about THAT? Slavery by another name is just as vile.

True but a comparison of illegals working for a living wage as free men and chattell slavery truly minimizes owning humans because of the color of their skin. I've known a few illegals working on farms out here in Kansas. They would much rather be here, they are sending money home, building their retirement, which is something they couldn't afford to do at home. I think it's about 70 billion that they send home beyond their living wage here in the US.

So it's hard for me to say that someone escaping into a new country to find a better life for them and their family is in any way similar to being sold into working in perpetuity for nothing and possibly having your family sold off to someone else and never seeing them again.

It's not slavery by another name. It's something completely different. Still wrong absolutely. But I do think it minimizes chattell slavery to pretend it's the same thing by another name. Kinda like when a woman says 'he was raping me with his eyes". No... rape is a completely different thing.

[
Well, it's the best rationale these rich elitists can do under the circumstances. Please, don't be naive. Why do you think defending open immigration and sanctuary cities has become a "thing"? human rights/ or a cynical ploy to exploit a situation for profit?

Of course it's for a profit. Everyone gets paid less than what they are worth but enough to keep them coming back. For some that number is less than others.

The funny thing is that the best way to end it would be to put up massive fines on those who hire illegals. But the issue is that Democrats don't want to kick them out, and Republicans don't want to target their voters (the farmers).

But comparing illegal immigration vs. chattell slavery in perpetuity is not anywhere close.
I agree that we need to scrutinize the roots of our cheap labor, not excuse them . Minimize them or overlook them. As far as chattel goes, isn't that what this all about? We can't have slaves, so we exploit illegals instead because it's all so humanitarian. What would Lincoln say about THAT? Slavery by another name is just as vile.

Actually much worse......Negro Servants on plantations led a very good life....they had everything they needed and for the most part were treated with kindness which only makes sense ....they were very valuable to the mastah....his plantation depended on them for its existence...he understood that very well....so he took good care of his servants...a happy servant works much better than a un-happy one.....the Plantation owner understood all of that very well.

Since political correctness became dominant in America...Hollywood and the media have distorted and demonized the truth about Southern Slavery....very humane and civilized for the most part. That is why so many former slaves grew very nostalgic about their former lives on the plantation.

By C. W. HARPER

Domestic Servants on the Antebellum Plantation Most Plantation Servants in the antebellum South labored in the fields. Throughout the agricultural year they were busy, planting, cultivating, and harvesting the crops of the South. Winter labor was less intensive and much time was spent around their fireplaces roasting peanuts and telling stories...... In the winter time they killed hogs and prepared the meat, cut firewood etc. Life was good...they married, had children and lived to ripe old ages...many were still alive during the depression years in the thirties and writers hired by the wpa went down South to record their stories. (The Slave Narratives)

The second and most favored class of slaves on the antebellum plantation were the domestic servants, comprising those slaves who worked in and around the "Big House," i.e., nurses, cooks, body servants, butlers, chambermaids, coachmen, and those artisans who lived in close contact with the white owner and family. Domestic servants were "more sprightly, better clad, more intelligent,used better language,... and in a dozen ways show their superiority to the field hands. Henry Bibb, who spent years as a slave, revealed that "the distinction among slaves is as marked as the classes of society are in any aristocratic community; some refusing to associate with others whom they deem beneath them in point of character, color, condition, or the superior importance of their respective masters."Joseph H. Ingraham, The Sunny South: or The Southerner at Home (Philadelphia: C.G. Evans, 1860), p. 35; Alex MacKay, The Western World: or Travels in the United States in 1846-1847

Picture of a black mammy nursing in the big house.........
13225993_f520.jpg

Last edited:
Slavery was evil. Yep. But hiring illegal aliens is OK. I have heard all the excuses, poor whites are trash and deserve to be dispossessed. So say those few rich white uber elitists that think this is a game of chess that they deserve to win because they are so smart.

Slavery was evil. Yep. But hiring illegal aliens is OK. I have heard all the excuses, poor whites are trash and deserve to be dispossessed. So say those few rich white uber elitists that think this is a game of chess that they deserve to win because they are so smart.

Nope. I said illegal immigrant hiring was bad. But not nearly as bad as slavery and in no way is that the same thing.

Just because I say slapping a woman isn't as bad as taking a person's life, doesn't mean I don't hate wifebeaters.

Certainly not....that was just yankee propaganda......for the most part it was very humane and the black servants were protected and treated very kindly by their mastah...only logical...they needed each other....the mastahs well being and wealth were dependent on his servants....what kind of man would mistreat valuable property? Only someone insane...but hollywood would have you believe otherwise....such stupidity the politically correct propagate but naive folks have lapped it up....try and use your noggin for something other than to place your hat on.

Remind me. How many people in the US are asking to be slaves? 0 you say? Yeah sounds like it was just great.

Oooh Carey Davenport. His stories are written down in the book "Dem Days was Hell".

he said in there "I'd say old master treated us slaves bad"

"I seen 'em beat—O, Lawd, yes. I seen 'em make a man put his head through the crack of the rail fence and then they beat him till he was bloody. They give some of 'em 300 or 400 licks.

"My father told us when freedom come. He'd been a free man, 'cause he was bodyguard to the old, old master and when he died he give my father he freedom. That was over in Richmond, Virginia. But young master steal him into slavery again. So he was glad when freedom come and he was free again. "

Yeah, this is the guy you are quoting for how good slavery was. SMH

He just made that crap up to get in tight with the yankees. Plantation owners understood very well....that the plantation was dependent on his black servants...and he also knew very well how valuable they were.....no sensible man...especially no businessman would mistreat valuable property....and the Plantation owners understood business very well....you and your ilk are very gullible and have bought the pc nonsense. Pathetic.

Nope. I said illegal immigrant hiring was bad. But not nearly as bad as slavery and in no way is that the same thing.

Just because I say slapping a woman isn't as bad as taking a person's life, doesn't mean I don't hate wifebeaters.
Slavery was bad, now we just repackage exploiting people and minimize it and call it something else. Yeah, "diversity and multiculturalism" . Well, it's not so much from my perspective. It's all just excuses.

Domestic Servants on the Antebellum Plantation Most Plantation Servants in the antebellum South labored in the fields. Throughout the agricultural year they were busy, planting, cultivating, and harvesting the crops of the South. Winter labor was less intensive and much time was spent around their fireplaces roasting peanuts and telling stories...... In the winter time they killed hogs and prepared the meat, cut firewood etc. Life was good...they married, had children and lived to ripe old ages...many were still alive during the depression years in the thirties and writers hired by the wpa went down South to record their stories. (The Slave Narratives)

The second and most favored class of slaves on the antebellum plantation were the domestic servants, comprising those slaves who worked in and around the "Big House," i.e., nurses, cooks, body servants, butlers, chambermaids, coachmen, and those artisans who lived in close contact with the white owner and family. Domestic servants were "more sprightly, better clad, more intelligent,used better language,... and in a dozen ways show their superiority to the field hands. Henry Bibb, who spent years as a slave, revealed that "the distinction among slaves is as marked as the classes of society are in any aristocratic community; some refusing to associate with others whom they deem beneath them in point of character, color, condition, or the superior importance of their respective masters."Joseph H. Ingraham, The Sunny South: or The Southerner at Home (Philadelphia: C.G. Evans, 1860), p. 35; Alex MacKay, The Western World: or Travels in the United States in 1846-1847

13225993_f520.jpg

They are slaves not servants.

And you actually used for your argument a slave who wrote about how bad slavery was and how much better life as a free man was. That's what I mean when I say you'd rather burn history than read the whole thing.

I mean seriously, that's why I say you KKK twats make flat earthers look like geniuses. You literally quoted a person who talked about how much better life was being free than being a slave.

I don't think you realize how backwards and dumb that is. It would be like me arguing that treating your wife with respect is important.. by quoting OJ Simpson. It would be like me talking about how how the US has never had a father and son both be president by quoting George W Bush.

YOU LITERALLY USED A FORMER SLAVE WHO WROTE ABOUT HOW MUCH BETTER IT WAS BEING A FREE MAN IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO PROVE THAT SLAVERY WAS GOOD.

Maybe you just aren't intelligent enough to see how backwards that is. Maybe your mind just doesn't work. Maybe you've been so brainwashed you know you are dead wrong but just keep talking and hoping people will forget it.

You quoted a slave. Who talked about how great his life was once he was freed. To prove slavery was better.

I've heard a lot of dumb stuff from people but this has to take the cake.

Certainly not....that was just yankee propaganda......for the most part it was very humane and the black servants were protected and treated very kindly by their mastah...only logical...they needed each other....the mastahs well being and wealth were dependent on his servants....what kind of man would mistreat valuable property? Only someone insane...but hollywood would have you believe otherwise....such stupidity the politically correct propagate but naive folks have lapped it up....try and use your noggin for something other than to place your hat on.
Please, slavery was going to end one day, machines would supplant most slaves in the early 20 century. And that would have left the south high and dry. But we still have neoslaves, illegal aliens .It's a pretty big issue.

Slavery was bad, now we just repackage exploiting people and minimize it and call it something else. Yeah, "diversity and multiculturalism" . Well, it's not so much from my perspective. It's all just excuses.

No, it's completely different. You can't say it's just "repackaging slavery" because it's nothing near the same. I can say that assault is really bad without saying it's as bad as murder.

You cant just minimize chattel slavery like that. They are two completely different things. How many people WANT to be an illegal immigrant? How many people WANT to be a slave? You see the difference there?

You can't just simplify it and say "it's modern slavery" because it isn't.

Seriously, if being an illegal immigrant in the US is akin to slavery, what's being a Mexican in Mexico?

No, it's completely different. You can't say it's just "repackaging slavery" because it's nothing near the same. I can say that assault is really bad without saying it's as bad as murder.

You cant just minimize chattel slavery like that. They are two completely different things. How many people WANT to be an illegal immigrant? How many people WANT to be a slave? You see the difference there? And yes, this is going a little off topic.

You can't just simplify it and say "it's modern slavery" because it isn't.

Seriously, if being an illegal immigrant in the US is akin to slavery, what's being a Mexican in Mexico?
I can say that, that is what it is, where do you think all the excuses for illegal immigration comes from? They work hard, they are human beings...please, like that's an excuse.

Please, slavery was going to end one day, machines would supplant most slaves in the early 20 century. And that would have left the south high and dry. But we still have neoslaves, illegal aliens .It's a pretty big issue.

Maybe. I mean we have a very very bad trade deficit. And what's the #1 reason for that trade deficit? Cheaper labor from other countries. We don't buy tons of crap from China and Vietnam because they have better machines. We buy crap from there because they have really really inexpensive labor.

So maybe it would have ended in 5-6 lifetimes. Maybe not. No one can say for sure either way.

And neo-slave.

So a slave was bound for life in perpetuity to his master.
A slave's children belonged to his master
States put laws in place that mandated owners physically attack or mutilate slaves for running away
A slave could have his entire family sold away and never see them again
Slaves never had a choice to be slaves.
Slaves were paid $0
Slaves were not considered human beings
Slaves could be disposed of for insurance benefits on them (ie kill them to collect the insurance on them)
Slaves had their names taken away and their master would name them
Slaves had their religion taken away and forced to follow their masters religion
Slaves sent $0 back home to help their families.
Slaves were prevented an education. Some states made it illegal to educate them.
A slave who decided to leave his farm could be beaten or killed
Slave women were forced to comply with sexual advances by their masters legally.
A slave who worked to slow could be whipped and beaten until he worked harder
slaves could be branded by their owner like cattle to identify them if they got away
Slaves were only treated as persons if they committed a crime
Pregnant slaves could be beaten
After being whipped a slaves master could rub red pepper in their wounds
Castration and ear amputation could commonly be used to punish slaves
Cutting out the tongue, burning with scalding water were common punishments
Slaves knew thier parents were slaves, they were slaves, their children would be slaves in perpetuity. No retirement or going home
All this was legal and protected.

So tell me, how many of those things do these "neo-slaves" have to put up with?

I can say that, that is what it is, where do you think all the excuses for illegal immigration comes from? They work hard, they are human beings...please, like that's an excuse.

No, what's the definition of slavery?

Slavery is any system in which principles of property law are applied to people, allowing individuals to own, buy and sell other individuals, as a form of property.

None of that follows with illegal immigrants. They aren't the legal property of someone. They can't be bought and sold. It's not the same word, it's not even close to the same thing

Just because it's a bad thing done to people, doesn't mean you just re-write an entire definition and force it to fit something new.

13225993_f520.jpg

And you actually used for your argument a slave who wrote about how bad slavery was and how much better life as a free man was. That's what I mean when I say you'd rather burn history than read the whole thing.

I mean seriously, that's why I say you KKK twats make flat earthers look like geniuses. You literally quoted a person who talked about how much better life was being free than being a slave.

I don't think you realize how backwards and dumb that is. It would be like me arguing that treating your wife with respect is important.. by quoting OJ Simpson. It would be like me talking about how how the US has never had a father and son both be president by quoting George W Bush.

YOU LITERALLY USED A FORMER SLAVE WHO WROTE ABOUT HOW MUCH BETTER IT WAS BEING A FREE MAN IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO PROVE THAT SLAVERY WAS GOOD.

Maybe you just aren't intelligent enough to see how backwards that is. Maybe your mind just doesn't work. Maybe you've been so brainwashed you know you are dead wrong but just keep talking and hoping people will forget it.

You quoted a slave. Who talked about how great his life was once he was freed. To prove slavery was better.

Nonsense.....you really lap up the propaganda.....failing to understand how Negroes told these tall tales to curry favor with yankees after the war was over. Try and use some logic.

Let me ax you a question......If you were a plantation owner back in those days and of course you would have black servants .....would you mistreat such valuable property?...understanding very well that your wealth and the prosperity of the plantation depended on your servants? Only some insane psychotic idiot would mistreat his servants. The plantation owners knew very well that happy servants would produce more than unhappy ones....the truth is a Plantation owner would do his best to keep his servants happy. All this nonsense you speak of you undoubtedly garnered from works of fiction. Not even to mention the great majority of Plantation Owners were Christians and they took their religion seriously in those days.

People forced to do work against their will for the benefit of others. But that can pretty much be used to define any form of manual labor. Being stole from your land against your will, that is a major distinction. But does that matter anymore when it comes to exploiting poor people for profit? Especially illegal immigrants?

Last edited:

13225993_f520.jpg

Nonsense.....you really lap up the propaganda.....failing to understand how Negroes told these tall tales to curry favor with yankees after the war was over. Try and use some logic.

Let me ax you a question......If you were a plantation owner back in those days and of course you would have black servants .....would you mistreat such valuable property?...understanding very well that your wealth and the prosperity of the plantation depended on your servants? Only some insane psychotic idiot would mistreat his servants. The plantation owners knew very well that happy servants would produce more than unhappy ones....the truth is a Plantation owner would do his best to keep his servants happy. Not even to mention the great majority of Plantation Owners were Christians and they took their religion seriously in those days.

People forced to do work against their will for the benefit of others. But that can pretty much be used to define any form of manual labor. Being stole from your land against your will, that is a major distinction. But does that matter anymore when it comes to exploiting poor people for profit?

Most of the Negro Servants on plantations understood very well that their work not only benefited the plantation owner but themselves as well....the plantation was their home...any sane person black or white wants to protect his home and work to keep it going.

And......they were not stole from their land....they never had any land to begin with...most of them were sold into slavery by some African Chief...many of them had been captured in some war over there...and if the Chief could not sell them...they were executed.

african-merchant-selling-slaves-to-a-european-no-date_jpg.jpg

13225993_f520.jpg

Let me ax you a question......If you were a plantation owner back in those days and of course you would have black servants .....would you mistreat such valuable property?...understanding very well that your wealth and the prosperity of the plantation depended on your servants? Only some insane psychotic idiot would mistreat his servants. The plantation owners knew very well that happy servants would produce more than unhappy ones....the truth is a Plantation owner would do his best to keep his servants happy. All this nonsense you speak of you undoubtedly garnered from works of fiction. Not even to mention the great majority of Plantation Owners were Christians and they took their religion seriously in those days.

You literally were so dumb, in order to prove that slavery wasn't bad, you tried to pull a quote from a slaves story about how slavery was awful compared to freedom and hoped I wouldn't dig in and determine the source.

That's a grade a screwup bub.

13225993_f520.jpg

No, what's the definition of slavery?

Slavery is any system in which principles of property law are applied to people, allowing individuals to own, buy and sell other individuals, as a form of property.

None of that follows with illegal immigrants. They aren't the legal property of someone. They can't be bought and sold. It's not the same word, it's not even close to the same thing

Just because it's a bad thing done to people, doesn't mean you just re-write an entire definition and force it to fit something new.

Maybe. I mean we have a very very bad trade deficit. And what's the #1 reason for that trade deficit? Cheaper labor from other countries. We don't buy tons of crap from China and Vietnam because they have better machines. We buy crap from there because they have really really inexpensive labor.

So maybe it would have ended in 5-6 lifetimes. Maybe not. No one can say for sure either way.

And neo-slave.

So a slave was bound for life in perpetuity to his master.
A slave's children belonged to his master
States put laws in place that mandated owners physically attack or mutilate slaves for running away
A slave could have his entire family sold away and never see them again
Slaves never had a choice to be slaves.
Slaves were paid $0
Slaves were not considered human beings
Slaves could be disposed of for insurance benefits on them (ie kill them to collect the insurance on them)
Slaves had their names taken away and their master would name them
Slaves had their religion taken away and forced to follow their masters religion
Slaves sent $0 back home to help their families.
Slaves were prevented an education. Some states made it illegal to educate them.
A slave who decided to leave his farm could be beaten or killed
Slave women were forced to comply with sexual advances by their masters legally.
A slave who worked to slow could be whipped and beaten until he worked harder
slaves could be branded by their owner like cattle to identify them if they got away
Slaves were only treated as persons if they committed a crime
Pregnant slaves could be beaten
After being whipped a slaves master could rub red pepper in their wounds
Castration and ear amputation could commonly be used to punish slaves
Cutting out the tongue, burning with scalding water were common punishments
Slaves knew thier parents were slaves, they were slaves, their children would be slaves in perpetuity. No retirement or going home
All this was legal and protected.

So tell me, how many of those things do these "neo-slaves" have to put up with?

Let me ax you a question......If you were a plantation owner back in those days and of course you would have black servants .....would you mistreat such valuable property?...understanding very well that your wealth and the prosperity of the plantation depended on your servants? Only some insane psychotic idiot would mistreat his servants. The plantation owners knew very well that happy servants would produce more than unhappy ones....the truth is a Plantation owner would do his best to keep his servants happy. Not even to mention the great majority of Plantation Owners were Christians and they took their religion seriously in those days.

13225993_f520.jpg

You have a point, illegal aliens LET themselves be exploited by exploiters, they aren't worthy of being compared to blacks that were forcibly enslaved. Nope. Yet here we are, illegal aliens are victims of exploitation . Exploitation they willing allowed.Because it serves their purpose. And they serve their master well, don't you think?

Forum List

Back