If price controls work, why did Biden not implement them?

Price controls didn't work under Nixon and won't work now. When the government tries to enforce price controls, one can expect corporate America to de-emphasize low margin goods (and services) and concentrate their resources on goods providing better profit margins. The consumer suffers.

A somewhat similar result was caused by the supply chain shortage coming out of COVID. With the auto manufacturers were experiencing semiconductor shortages, the first vehicles I saw reappearing on lots were costly trucks.

Price controls didn't work under Nixon and won't work now. When the government tries to enforce price controls, one can expect corporate America to de-emphasize low margin goods (and services) and concentrate their resources on goods providing better profit margins. The consumer suffers.

A somewhat similar result was caused by the supply chain shortage coming out of COVID. With the auto manufacturers were experiencing semiconductor shortages, the first vehicles I saw reappearing on lots were costly trucks.
Who is advocating for price controls?

How does the government prevent price gouging without setting prices?

You failed to answer that in the other thread you posted this tripe.
Hey. I eventually ran across this.

It's how they do it in Texas.

Not sure if all states do it this way though.

File a Consumer Complaint with our office to report a suspected price gouging incident.

Forum List

Back