If Republicans don't run with Wisconsin's $484 million surplus - they are done.

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Gov. Scott Walker and Wisconsin Republicans have proven their economic policies work, and that Democrat economic plans are complete and total failures and disasters. Governor Scott Walker inherited a $3 billion deficit courtesy of the Democrat Party. Walker and Republicans have saved Wisconsin from the party of fail, aka the Democrats and given Wisconsin a $484 million surplus.

Wis. budget surplus grows to $484 million - Businessweek

Republicans can create an absolute nightmare for Democrats in 2014 and 2016 by pointing to Wisconsin, a once solid blue state as proof that Democrat policies are failures, and that Republican policies work. If Republicans don't use Wisconsin to their advantage, then the Republican party truly will be the Titanic with her stern up in the air.

A Republican candidate in 2014 in a debate should use a closing statement similar to this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, our nation is on a wreckless path to economic destruction. People in the Democrat party, like my adversary have made Americans forget the word billion, because they have replaced it with the word trillion. We are headed towards are 6th straight year of adding over $1 trillion in debt (bb..bb.bb..bb....bb..but Locke....how can you say we will have another trillion+ debt next year, you can't predict the future???? Oh....I can predict this, and I will be correct, the past 4 years justify my predictions). Prior to Barack Obama and the Democrats control, we never heard the word trillion, now it is accepted as the norm."

"The economic policies of the Democrat party have proven to be abject failures, yet the Democrat party true to its logo are too stubborn to comprimise - and to consider alternative solutions to solve our economic crisis. Governor Scott Walker has saved Wisconsin from the party of failure - the Democrat Party. Gov. Walker inherited a $3 billion deficit from the Democrats, and with well thought out and constructive planning, has given the state of Wisconsin a $484 million budget surplus. If you elect me, I will be part of formuating a plan similar to Governor Walkers to give this great nation a budget surplus. So ladies and gentlemen, in closing, the choice is clear, you can either vote for the continued failed policies of the Democrat Party by voting for my adversary, or you can vote for me, someone who will use policies that are proven to work, and we can take these policies from a state level to our nations level."

Now, this is just a rough draft, sure it could be polished and more refined. If Repubicans don't use Wisconsin's budget surplus to their advantage in the 2014 elections, then they truly will be on their way to going the way of the whig party.

I don't think there was a doubt in anyone's mind that it wouldn't work, however, liberals find themselves in a comfortable position. When their policies fail, whether it be housing, education, welfare, or other social programs, they never get the blame for their failures. For instance, who remembers this Democrats in their own words Covering up Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac scandal - YouTube ? Who got blamed for it? Bush did! Need I say more? Detroit, DC, Chicago, La, New York, and the list goes on. Are those places kicking out the party that lead them to poverty, ignorance, and dispare? Nope, they're asking for more vote money paid for by you and I. Ergo, no one cares about sound fiscal policy on the left because they are a party built on playing Santa Clause leaving the republicans to play the more responsible, yet stern, adult in the room on economics and finance. Remember I said MORE responsible, not responsible. in any case, the republicans come off as wanting to take their goodies away and the democrats come off as the really cool parent that allows his.her child to smoke weed with his/her buddies in their basement. No amount of fiscal sanity can beat the really cool parent to the utterly lazy and dependent.

they otta use that 500 million to get Aaron Rodgers some offensive lineman that can actually block

It's easy to create a budget surplus by cutting spending on education, local government and other things, plus cheat employees out of their pensions and shift the costs of healthcare off onto them.

More than half this projected surplus is thanks to Congress. Walker's original revenue projections expected Congress to restore the estate tax, which it did not, and the bulk of the remaining expected increase in revenue is because the economy is improving, which is resulting in higher than expected income and sales taxes.

The only thing the Walker administration contributed to this projected surplus was their Koch brothers/ALEC inspired slash and burn, anti-union spending cuts. The majority of it, they can take no credit for.

Forum List

Back