If science was a religion, who would worship at its altar?

Apparently, there are some who say they believe in science, not religion, as if the two were interchangeable.

But they are not.

Science answers the questions of where, when, what, and how?

Science does not, and can not answer the question of why?

Despite that, some have started treating science, or some aspects of it, like a religion.

For examples, believers in the Global Warming Theory have become so consumed with their theory, that they have started calling those who don't believe "deniers." And some have suggested that there should be harsh penalties for "deniers" up to and including criminal penalties.

It is almost as if we had returned to the Spanish Inquisition, during which the Catholic authorities prosecuted those who denied the Catholic religion.

So, what say you?

Should "deniers" of Global Warming be punished for their failure to believe in this new faith?
science isn't a religion.

Science can't be religon as religion is either myth or belief. Science is fact or theory.

Apparently, there are some who say they believe in science, not religion, as if the two were interchangeable.

But they are not.

Despite that, some have started treating science, or some aspects of it, like a religion.

For examples, believers in the Global Warming Theory have become so consumed with their theory, that they have started calling those who don't believe "deniers." And some have suggested that there should be harsh penalties for "deniers" up to and including criminal penalties.

It is almost as if we had returned to the Spanish Inquisition, during which the Catholic authorities prosecuted those who denied the Catholic religion.

So, what say you?

Should "deniers" of Global Warming be punished for their failure to believe in this new faith?
Well you have to prove that there is a "why" to begin with.
When I watch a science show that teaches me facts I don't know I get full of joy just like when theists read about Jericho or Goliath or mohammad

But they are not.

So, what say you?

Well you have to prove that there is a "why" to begin with.
When I watch a science show that teaches me facts I don't know I get full of joy just like when theists read about Jericho or Goliath or mohammad
And if one really wanted to nerd out over a book; theres lots of much better written fiction out there. Jordans Wheel of Time series comes to mind...

Yeah, fed it from birth in the land of the free. That's what made the Russians jealous, Americans believed the propaganda they were fed.

For instance:

What is the fatality total of capitalism?

Is capitalism religious?​

Starting to get the picture?

Last edited:
One of the foundations of Communism is Atheism over 100 million dead and counting just saying.
Well, just re-catapulting propaganda, but who's noticing?
Propaganda ?

There's a hell of a lot more evidence for there not being a god. Why shouldn't people be able to disbelief? There's no evidence so why belief.

Evil fucking people that lusted for power is what killed those people...Religion has killed tens of millions and have also had evil people.

One of the foundations of Communism is Atheism over 100 million dead and counting just saying.
Well, just re-catapulting propaganda, but who's noticing?
Propaganda ?

There's a hell of a lot more evidence for there not being a god. Why shouldn't people be able to disbelief? There's no evidence so why belief.

Evil fucking people that lusted for power is what killed those people...Religion has killed tens of millions and have also had evil people.
Anybody said you couldn't disbelieve? I don't think so .....

A lot of us, however, have said that you are incredibly stupid, and damned for eternity, for not believing ... but, feel free. That's why it's called free will.

But, not to worry ---- I'll pray for you. (Pretty sure it won't do any good, but I'll give it the ol' college try!)

What the fuck did praying to god ever do? Oh'yesss, the black death wiping out 2/3rds of the population of europe and killing nearly half of all children before they reached adulthood.

Yep, science is bad.
How many have been murdered in the name of various Deities over the span of human existence?

What the fuck did praying to god ever do? Oh'yesss, the black death wiping out 2/3rds of the population of europe and killing nearly half of all children before they reached adulthood.

Yep, science is bad.
How many have been murdered in the name of various Deities over the span of human existence?
Yeah but communism has accomplished its megadeaths in 100 years religion has been around as long as mankind.

Yep, science is bad.
Yeah but communism has accomplished its megadeaths in 100 years religion has been around as long as mankind.
Bad ideas are bad ideas. Believing things without a shred of evidence? Well that would seem to make someone not prone to acceptance of bad ideas.

But they are not.

So, what say you?

I would love to go to the church of Scientology if it were really about science. Yesterday on 60 minutes they showed how we just discovered millions more galaxies that we didn't know were there. They talked about how stars explode and their contents become new stars planets and moons elsewhere. And even life because we are made of star stuff.

The old religions didn't know what we know now. The fact is 2000 plus years ago the rich and powerful invented organized religions and there's no good reason to believe their myths. You believe because of multi generational brainwashing group thinking and wishful thinking mixed with cognitive dissonance

Forum List

Back