If selling a gay couple a wedding cake means a "Christian" baker participated in the marriage...

If you craft one of the centerpieces of the event then you have participated in the event . Participation in the event should be voluntary and Not mandatory

They volunteered the minute they said, "Will make Custom Wedding Cakes"
Does not mean they are obligated to make a “”We will fu*k tonight” decorated cake.
Because you own a business does not void your personal or religious discretions

Your concept of freedom is that someone must give up their profession in order to practice his religion?

What a totalitarian creep you are.

Um, yeah, that's the reality. It's why I don't have to put up with a coworker trying to tell me all day what a great guy Jesus is... because that's not what he's being paid for.

If your silly bronze age superstitions mean you can't fulfill the promises you make as a business, then you'd probably be happier doing something else.

Your concept of freedom is that someone must give up their profession in order to practice his religion?

Um, yeah, that's the reality. It's why I don't have to put up with a coworker trying to tell me all day what a great guy Jesus is... because that's not what he's being paid for.

If your silly bronze age superstitions mean you can't fulfill the promises you make as a business, then you'd probably be happier doing something else.

Sorry that's not what the First Amendment says. You don't like it, take your totalitarian self somewhere else. Maybe China. They hate Christians there too. You'll love the pollution I"m sure

Does not mean they are obligated to make a “”We will fu*k tonight” decorated cake.
Because you own a business does not void your personal or religious discretions
That’s what the Court found the last time the LGBT cult agitators tested the waters with this baker.

Oh look. Sparky is back posting again...

Sorry that's not what the First Amendment says. You don't like it, take your totalitarian self somewhere else. Maybe China. They hate Christians there too. You'll love the pollution I"m sure

True that we've freedom of religion, not from it ,ergo discrimination against those of 'alternate faith' is discriminatory

A christian cake rates no more or less than a satanic cake , straight, gay, or martian cake.....

They are all viewed EQUALLY

~S~

^ you’re not even trying to hide the sock anymore.

Nobody asked this baker to do this.

They asked for the same wedding cake that Straight people get.

Yes Sparky. But the trouble is that just some deviant sex behaviors decriminalized behind closed doors don’t have legal weight to throw around & for others to participate in their ideas & rituals.

If you say that this is not true, the 14th Amendment requires that you give a complete listing of all deviant sex kinks that bakers must be forced to promote. Don’t forget polygamy!

True that we've freedom of religion, not from it ,ergo discrimination against those of 'alternate faith' is discriminatory

A christian cake rates no more or less than a satanic cake , straight, gay, or martian cake.....

~S~

Are you talking to your hand? How is this in any way a response to what I said?

~S~

Perhaps then you could expand on your 1st amd 'take' Sue.....~S~

~S~

Perhaps then you could expand on your 1st amd 'take' Sue.....~S~

I don't have to. I didn't even reference Christianity. You were talking to your hand....again

the First Amendment is not a license to break other laws.

you are perfectly free to hate on gay people if your Minister or Priest tells you to. In 50 years, they won't, and they'll look back at this with the kind of embarrassment they had when someone reminds them they all supported Segregation 50 years go.

What you aren't free to do is break other laws, like Public Accommodation Laws.

That’s what the Court found the last time the LGBT cult agitators tested the waters with this baker.

The courts found they shouldn't have made fun of his beliefs while pointing out he was in violation of the law. Really, nothing more than that.

Yes Sparky. But the trouble is that just some deviant sex behaviors decriminalized behind closed doors don’t have legal weight to throw around & for others to participate in their ideas & rituals.

If you are that this is not true, the 14th Amendment requires that you give a complete listing of all deviant sex kinks that bakers must be forced to promote. Don’t forget polygamy!

Sure. Any sex act between consenting adults who aren't related is perfectly okay. I have no problem with polygamy. Some guys are just alpha male studs. We already have polygamy in this country. One is called "the wife' and the other is called "the Mistress". Just ask your Trumpenfuhrer.

Bakers should provide the services they promise regardless of who asks for them.

you are perfectly free to hate on gay people if your Minister or Priest tells you to. In 50 years, they won't, and they'll look back at this with the kind of embarrassment they had when someone reminds them they all supported Segregation 50 years go.

The courts found they shouldn't have made fun of his beliefs while pointing out he was in violation of the law. Really, nothing more than that.

If you are that this is not true, the 14th Amendment requires that you give a complete listing of all deviant sex kinks that bakers must be forced to promote. Don’t forget polygamy!

Sure. Any sex act between consenting adults who aren't related is perfectly okay. I have no problem with polygamy. Some guys are just alpha male studs. We already have polygamy in this country. One is called "the wife' and the other is called "the Mistress". Just ask your Trumpenfuhrer.

Bakers should provide the services they promise regardless of who asks for them.

Right now the public accommodation laws are in conflict with the 1st Amendment. I believe you are going to lose, and I believe you know it

I've run my own biz for decades , and can honestly say i've worked for 'waste of skin' sorts i absoluely loathed

I just aim high , and can't understand why butchers, bakers and candelstick makers can't either

~S~

Right now the public accommodation laws are in conflict with the 1st Amendment. I believe you are going to lose, and I believe you know it

So you've actually read the 1st?

~S~

....Bakers should provide the services they promise regardless of who asks for them.
The Court said a man can’t be expected to ditch his faith in the marketplace. Your spin on that pivotal slap to your cult isn’t going to save the day Sparky.

True, a baker should bake a cake for anyone who asks with a couple of exceptions. 1. An unruly customer & 2. A customer who just informed them that the cake is to celebrate an ideal or ritual repugnant to the baker’s moral code.

This is how the Court will further clarify its last Ruling regarding this baker & Colorado establishing an official cult by selective enforcement of value systems. Brace yourself Sparky. :itsok:

So you've actually read the 1st?

~S~

When you have no point to make, or you've been defeated already, you put up really dumb red herrings. I don't play, Sparky, or not for long. I'm not playing.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

I've run my own biz for decades , and can honestly say i've worked for 'waste of skin' sorts i absoluely loathed

I just aim high , and can't understand why butchers, bakers and candelstick makers can't either

Shh.... according to Sil you are me, even though you've been here three years longer and don't post nearly as much and we are both here at the same time.

I also have my own business, and I work with all sorts of people. People I might disagree with politically or morally or religiously, but when they come to me, I really am just there to help them with their problem.

When you have no point to make, or you've been defeated already, you put up really dumb red herrings. I don't play, Sparky, or not for long. I'm not playing.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Where does it say in there "I can break any law I don't like because my Magic Sky man says so."

Masterpiece Baker argues that his baking of cakes is an expression of his religion. It's an absurd argument on its face.

He just hates gay people and doesn't like they can get married now.

Where does it say in there "I can break any law I don't like because my Magic Sky man says so."

Masterpiece Baker argues that his baking of cakes is an expression of his religion. It's an absurd argument on its face.

He just hates gay people and doesn't like they can get married now.

If the Supreme Court thought it was an "absurd argument on its face" they never would have taken it up. You lose again, Joe.

Forum List

Back