If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. When only one of a child's parents is a U.S. Citizen, a foreign born child is not a U.S. Citizen unless the parent meets very specific legal requirements. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Section 301 (a)(7) shows the relevant citizenship laws in effect at the time of Barack Obama's birth:

There, I fixed it for you.

My nephew was born in Canada by his American mother and father who were in Canada at the time visiting relatives. He is considered a Canadian and has had quite a few problems with getting passports and tax filings

How many passports does he need?

I can see how getting that initial American passport would be an extra hassle- in the United States all you have to do is essentially show your birth certificate- but of course that doesn't work for a foreign birth.

But once he had his U.S. passport the issue should have been resolved as long as he was living in the United States.

My nephew was born in Canada by his American mother and father who were in Canada at the time visiting relatives. He is considered a Canadian and has had quite a few problems with getting passports and tax filings

How many passports does he need?

I can see how getting that initial American passport would be an extra hassle- in the United States all you have to do is essentially show your birth certificate- but of course that doesn't work for a foreign birth.

But once he had his U.S. passport the issue should have been resolved as long as he was living in the United States.

Maybe they still live in Canada? I've also heard of dual citizens using Canadian passports to get into places the US might not like. Or to get more preferable treatment in nations where the US isn't quite popular.

Wow it seems a majority agree that Cruz is ineligible. Thank goodness, that man is dangerous. Who knows who he's really working for...

Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian citizen until he decided he could usurp the Presidency and renounced a couple years ago. He spent the majority of his life as a Canadian citizen. And his father was a close ally of Fidel Castro.

Where's the birth certificate Mr. Cruz? What are you hiding?
Please oh please tell me you're all kidding.
I demand a long form birth certificate!!!! :mad:
Why Cruz is not denying or trying to hide where he was born?

Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian citizen until he decided he could usurp the Presidency and renounced a couple years ago. He spent the majority of his life as a Canadian citizen. And his father was a close ally of Fidel Castro.

He's not presenting a long form birth certificate for independent examination either, despite numerous requests. Nobody knows who this man really is.

I call bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

There's really no legal debate that Cruz wasn't a natural born citizens of Canada. Pretty much everyone recognizes this. But does being a natural born citizen of Canada mean you can't also be a natural born citizen of the US?

I would argue no.
You would be wrong but it I am sure you are used to that. Being the child of a usa citizen makes him a us citizen. That is the law

There's really no legal debate that Cruz wasn't a natural born citizens of Canada. Pretty much everyone recognizes this. But does being a natural born citizen of Canada mean you can't also be a natural born citizen of the US?

I would argue no.
You would be wrong but it I am sure you are used to that. Being the child of a usa citizen makes him a us citizen. That is the law

And being born in Canada made him a citizen of Canada too.

Why would he need to?

I would argue no.

Why the hell do we care what Canada says about it ? Let me clue you in on something. ...... This isn't Canada

I would argue no.

Not only does being born to an American citizen make him a citizen, but it makes him a citizen at BIRTH, which makes him a Natural Born citizen, and eligible to run for the Presidency.

What's crazy, is that he was born in Canada to an American Citizen and a Cuban Citizen, not even a Canadian in sight, in his genes...there is not even an allegiance with Canada through blood that could be argued, that I am aware of....?

Did either of his parents ever get Canadian citizenship? Did his father get his US Citizenship eventually? Don't know those things....

to me, he is an American citizen and perhaps a Cuban citizen if their citizenship rules include children born of Cuban citizens, are citizens at birth....?

I guess in Canada, whether born to a citizen or not, children born on their soil, just like here in America, are automatically citizens?

I would argue no.

Why the hell do we care what Canada says about it ? Let me clue you in on something. ...... This isn't Canada

Why the hell do we care what Canada says about it ?

Who said we cared?

Good point. I will remind folks once again, if a man sires a child while on shore leave, to a woman in Iran, North Korea or Russia and that child is raised there by the mother, then by the same logic some are legitimizing Cruz as a candidate, little "Omar Abdullah" or "Sun Ji Kang" or "Leonid Visnev" can become President also. "Country of origin" cannot be used to pick and choose one's "not natural born" favorites, like "only Canada". Nor can we use gender discrimination to say it's only the mother who this rule applies to. An American siring counts too.

Good point. I will remind folks once again, if a man sires a child while on shore leave, to a woman in Iran, North Korea or Russia and that child is raised there by the mother, then by the same logic some are legitimizing Cruz as a candidate, little "Omar Abdullah" or "Sun Ji Kang" or "Leonid Visnev" can become President also. "Country of origin" cannot be used to pick and choose one's "not natural born" favorites, like "only Canada". Nor can we use gender discrimination to say it's only the mother who this rule applies to. An American siring counts too.

Anyone who is natural born citizen can be president. And under US law there's no category of citizen relevant to Cruz save citizen at birth (natural born) and citizen after birth (naturalized). There is no third type outside of Puerto Rico.

He's not presenting a long form birth certificate for independent examination either, despite numerous requests. Nobody knows who this man really is.

Since Cruz's eligibility is based on his *mother*, wouldn't it be her documents you'd be trying to check?

Since Cruz's eligibility is based on his *mother*, wouldn't it be her documents you'd be trying to check?
Yes but Cruz has suspiciously refused to allow that. And of course it's pure speculation at this point that she's even his mother.

If you don't like the U.S. Constitution, you are more than welcome to try to amend it.

And I will just point out- that if a man 'sires a child' with a tourist from Iran, North Korea or Russia, and the child is born here, and raised there by the mother- little Omar, Kang or Leonid can be President too.

The writers of our Constitution put three eligibility provisions in the Constitution- and 3 only- and left the rest to the Electoral College for the election and Congress for the confirmation of the election.

You don't like how the Constitution is written- and you don't trust the voters- well then amend the Constitution.

But Cruz is eligible.

Good point. I will remind folks once again......

That Cruz is a natural born citizen. Excellent idea.

Forum List

Back