If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The GOP vetted Cruz with a fine toothed comb trying to find anything to disqualify him from running for President. They couldn't find anything AND the WANTED TO!
Go climb on another fucking dead horse asshole!
Still wearing your 'Hands Up Don't Shoot' T- shirt in public? Thought not. Fucking stupid Bonobo loser!
And his Canadian birth certificate? Someone found THAT. Game changer. Big time.

The people that 'found it' was Cruz and his team. And it was Cruz that released it.

Nor does it change a thing about this case. As it was already stipulated before its release.

You really have no idea what you're talking about here, do you?

it is well established law that kids born outside of the USA

of American citizens they in fact are American citizens as well

That's exactly right. Its been established by law. Not by the Constitution. As the State department itself notes when discussing citizenship by blood:

Jus sanguinis (the law of the bloodline) - a concept of Roman or civil law under which a person’s citizenship is determined by the citizenship of one or both parents. This rule, frequently called “citizenship by descent” or “derivative citizenship”, is not embodied in the U.S. Constitution, but such citizenship is granted through statute. As U.S. laws have changed, the requirements for conferring and retaining derivative citizenship have also changed.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86755.pdf

So the question is.....is citizenship not embodied in the constitution but granted through statute 'natural born citizenship'? As by definition, such citizenship was NOT part of the original constitution. And thus couldn't be part of the originally recognized definition of 'natural born citizen' written in the constitution.

Well, without a delorean or a blue police box.

If you're using an originalist interpretation of the Constitution, then you have to use the terms of the Constitution as they were understood by the founders.

IF you're using a 'living document' interpretation of the constitution, then you can use ideas that came after. Which includes citizenship for those born outside the US.

Cruz is an originalist.
You dont even know what the constitution is and you try to preach it to us?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Yet he is correct about the Constitution- and you have offered nothing but a worthless personal attack.

The GOP vetted Cruz with a fine toothed comb trying to find anything to disqualify him from running for President. They couldn't find anything AND the WANTED TO!
Still wearing your 'Hands Up Don't Shoot' T- shirt in public? Thought not. Fucking stupid Bonobo loser!

You talking about Trump again?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

Is a person born within the borders of the U.S. an natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. because one or both of the parents are in the military (i.e. Germany, Japan, Korea) a natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. but one or both parents are U.S. citizens and working overseas a natural born citizen?

You didn't answer the question, what is a "natural born citizen"?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

I fully answered the question.

You failed to answer mine.-- which is why use the term "natural citizen" if they only cared about the president bring a citizen"? I know what I believe. But the court will address the issue.

As for being born out of the country on a military base- a military base is American territory. That is why John McCain was eligible for the presidency despite being born in Panama.

That issue is an old one.

George Romney was born in Mexico and he was still eligible to run for President.

Actually, that was thoroughly debated at the time. Just as Cruz's eligibility is today.

After thoroughly debating it they determined he was indeed eligible. Just as Cruz is today.

Seems the left can't defend the their candidates so they must try and destroy the opposition.

While I agree that Trump is a liberal candidate, I find it amusing that you consider Trump and Coulter to be 'the left'.

After thoroughly debating it they determined he was indeed eligible. Just as Cruz is today.

Seems the left can't defend the their candidates so they must try and destroy the opposition.

I'm in the middle. Cruz has a Canadian birth certificate. The Constitution is clear. He can't be president.
That is not in the constitution.

Still, one of the most entertaining threads this board has ever hosted.

The ludicrous spectacle of lefties turning into the birfers they so despised!

That's exactly right. Its been established by law. Not by the Constitution. As the State department itself notes when discussing citizenship by blood:

Jus sanguinis (the law of the bloodline) - a concept of Roman or civil law under which a person’s citizenship is determined by the citizenship of one or both parents. This rule, frequently called “citizenship by descent” or “derivative citizenship”, is not embodied in the U.S. Constitution, but such citizenship is granted through statute. As U.S. laws have changed, the requirements for conferring and retaining derivative citizenship have also changed.

So the question is.....is citizenship not embodied in the constitution but granted through statute 'natural born citizenship'? As by definition, such citizenship was NOT part of the original constitution. And thus couldn't be part of the originally recognized definition of 'natural born citizen' written in the constitution.

If you're using an originalist interpretation of the Constitution, then you have to use the terms of the Constitution as they were understood by the founders.

IF you're using a 'living document' interpretation of the constitution, then you can use ideas that came after. Which includes citizenship for those born outside the US.

Cruz is an originalist.

Yet he is correct about the Constitution- and you have offered nothing but a worthless personal attack.
No he isnt. The constitution gives congress the power to decide citizenship. The law says Cruz is a citizen. you following Gomer?

Cruz is an originalist.

No he isnt. The constitution gives congress the power to decide citizenship.

And where did I ever say otherwise? The question isn't if Cruz is a citizen. He clearly is. The question is if citizenship not embodied in the constitution but granted through statute is 'natural born citizenship'?

You following Gomer?

Cruz announced his own candidacy. The GOP didn't do it for him. They may vet their nominee. But not every stooge that wants to be president.

If the GOP vetted *every* of the legion of candidates for the GOP nomination, they could do little else.
Fucking stupid bullshit!! ANY GOP candidate that is remotely considered to be a 'player' AKA top twenty is meticulously vetted. Take that to the bank asshole!
The GOP has HUNDREDS of lawyers working for free in the GOP trenches whose job it is to dig up ANYTHING a top twenty possibility has fucked up in their lives.
What are you? Like fucking twelve? You seem to have the intellectual smarts as one. The GOP quietly goes to these fuck-ups and tells them to fucking GET LOST!!!!!

THINK MAN!!!!!!!!!!
I bet you are real smart checkers player. Some of us here play chess. Fucking learn the game before coming back to make a fool of yourself!

Still, one of the most entertaining threads this board has ever hosted.

The ludicrous spectacle of lefties turning into the birfers they so despised!

Sorry, Birther.....but none of us are making up elaborate batshit conspiracies about fake birth certificates, secret plane trips, lying literary agents and vast international intrigue.

We're having a discussion of constitutional law. One you have nothing intelligent to add to.

Cruz is an originalist.

And where did I ever say otherwise? The question isn't if Cruz is a citizen. He clearly is. The question is if citizenship not embodied in the constitution but granted through statute is 'natural born citizenship'?

You following Gomer?
Apparently you dont. The law says he is a citizen. Period. End of discussion

Cruz announced his own candidacy. The GOP didn't do it for him. They may vet their nominee. But not every stooge that wants to be president.

If the GOP vetted *every* of the legion of candidates for the GOP nomination, they could do little else.
Fucking stupid bullshit!! ANY GOP candidate that is remotely considered to be a 'player' AKA top twenty is meticulously vetted. Take that to the bank asshole!

Well that essentially ends a civil discussion. Let me bring it down to your level, shit stain:

Show us that Cruz was vetted by the GOP. So far your only source is you citing you....which you've thoroughly established is meaningless gibberish, dipshit.

Show us. Don't tell us.

You pathetic moron. If the GOP, who HATES Cruz, found ANYTHING that would have disqualified Cruz from running EVERY MSM outlet would be plastering the evidence all over the news. THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you like twelve?
THINK!!!!!!!

Cruz is an originalist.

You following Gomer?
Apparently you dont. The law says he is a citizen. Period. End of discussion

Strawman. No one has claimed he isn't a citizen. We're discussing if he's a naturally born citizen. For the third time....this is what we're discussing:

Is citizenship not embodied in the constitution but granted through statute 'natural born citizenship'?

Which you have yet to address. Feel free to join us if you ever muster up the courage to do so.

Cruz is an originalist.

No he isnt. The constitution gives congress the power to decide citizenship. The law says Cruz is a citizen. you following Gomer?

LOL- Cruz is certainly a citizen- but not because the Constitution says that he is.

Skylar's analysis is spot on- neither he or I are arguing that Cruz is not a citizen, neither do either of us claim he is not a natural born citizen.

But based upon Cruz's interpretation of the Constitution- he would not be one.

You pathetic moron. If the GOP, who HATES Cruz, found ANYTHING that would have disqualified Cruz from running EVERY MSM outlet would be plastering the evidence all over the news. THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THINK!!!!!!!

Shit stain...oh, shit stain? Focus. You're babbling. Now....do we have your attention?

Show us that Cruz has already been vetted by GOP lawyers. As you're nobody. So citing yourself on the topic is meaningless dipshit gibberish.

The GOP has HUNDREDS of lawyers working for free in the GOP trenches whose job it is to dig up ANYTHING a top twenty possibility has fucked up in their lives.
What are you? Like fucking twelve? You seem to have the intellectual smarts as one. The GOP quietly goes to these fuck-ups and tells them to fucking GET LOST!!!!!

THINK MAN!!!!!!!!!!
I bet you are real smart checkers player. Some of us here play chess. Fucking learn the game before coming back to make a fool of yourself!

LOL-
Fucking stupid bullshit!- you described your post accurately in your first sentence.

THINK!!!!!!!

Trump and Ann Coulter both are raising the issue.

You are too busy with childish insults to notice.

his place of birth is less concern than the length of time growing up and how long it took to give up his canadian citizenship, for the sake of politics.

Being born on a military hospital and being raised as an american, you have an identity and concern for america. Raised canadian you have a split love, and somewhere down the line you might favor, knowingly or not, canada.

I served america but I still love my home where I grew up. It is natural when so much of you was molded some other place. Half a life, of even a quarter, has a profound effect on who you are. Canada is a friend and neighbor, but who knows what will come across a president's desk in the future.

How may people ate second, third, even youth generation that still feel a need to return, and in some cases muslims that choose to fight to somehow prove their religion. You spend a lot of time or been raised with stories of a home over there, it leaves a mark.

If not for politics he would not have considered a conflict and given up his citizenship. It was not like deciding at 18 who you are.

Forum List

Back