If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm guessing over the last 50 years and more tens of thousands of babies have been born to US citizens abroad.
So none of these babies are US citizens???????????????????
You Cruz haters need to come up with a better bullshit claim. You all make yourselves look like the uninformed assholes you are.

No, they became naturalized citizens of course.

Nope. They were citizens at birth. Which, by definition, isn't naturalized.

Show me the law indicating that citizens at birth are 'naturalized'. There is only one class of citizens recognized as 'naturalized at birth': Puerto Ricans. No one else is. And Cruz wasn't born in Puerto Rico.

The problem is, naturalized citizens cannot be president...only natural BORN citizens dropped on US soil/territories or outposts. Canada is not "US soil". It is not one of our territories and it is not one of our outposts. Ted Cruz was born with a Canadian birth certificate. He can be governor. He can be senator. He just can't be president. BTW, I wanted to vote for Cruz. Read the OP. Not a Cruz hater here...just a realist..

The law on this has to be strict and fast.

Save of course that it isn't. The law says none of what you just did. The law neither defines the term 'natural born citizen' nor even uses the term. Here's the entire United States Code, all 52 volumes of it.

OLRC Home

Show us the law saying that 'only natural born citizens dropped on US soil/territories or outposts'. You'll find you just made that shit up. And with all your pseudo-legal gibberish, your imagination isn't the law.

I believe the Hawaii birth certificate to be a forgery, and I've looked at it carefully at it. Hawaii is an all Democrat state, so it would only take a phone call to get the county to produce a forged birth certificate.

Obama’s Lawyers Officially Admit Birth Certificate is Fake | GOVERNMENT SLAVES

I believe that the reason Obama has sealed his academic records is that he got a scholarship based on his status as a foreigner from Indonesia.

Obama College Records Released-Financial Aid As A Foreigner. | Obama
r

Of course you do.

That is what Birthers do- recycle idiotic Birther claims that you accept without any evidence.

I'm still giggling about Blackrook presenting an anonymous April Fools email as a factual account.

You can't teach that.

Birthers are the ultimate recyclers.

Doesn't matter how many times, or how thoroughly a Birther idiocy is debunked, give it a few months or a year and it will emerge again- and they will all believe it again.

Show us the law saying that 'only natural born citizens dropped on US soil/territories or outposts'. You'll find you just made that shit up. And with all your pseudo-legal gibberish, your imagination isn't the law.

Oh, that's what the Court will find should Ted Cruz get the nomination and/or get elected. You can bank on it. Plus, it is exactly what the founding fathers meant when they said "natural born". The Court will deliberate that intent and discover that when they specified that for JUST POTUS, their intent was over and above all, to create conditions in the potential president under which his "stamp" in upbringing was the epitome of patriotism.

Like I said, senators can check each other for lack of patriotism (and I wish they would more often). Governors are checked by the 49 other governors so they can't become tyrants with a foreign agenda. Likewise, Justices on the Court have their peers to keep an eye on them. So all those could be naturalized, the "diet epitome of the requirement for POTUS'. The Court will find though that because POTUS is such a singularly powerful position who acts alone, that position must be filled with someone GUARANTEED to not be beholden to a foreign ideology; not even a breath of it since their earliest childhood memories.

And hence how the intent will mean everything. And this is how I know Ted Cruz cannot be president. And if he does become president, the dems will have his head on a platter courtesy of their pocket-majority in SCOTUS. They will sue and they will win...

Oh, that's what the Court will find should Ted Cruz get the nomination and/or get elected. You can bank on it. ..

LOL- wow- in the face of all of your other Supreme Court predictions.......just LOL.....

I'm guessing over the last 50 years and more tens of thousands of babies have been born to US citizens abroad.
So none of these babies are US citizens???????????????????
You Cruz haters need to come up with a better bullshit claim. You all make yourselves look like the uninformed assholes you are.

No, they became naturalized citizens of course. The problem is, naturalized citizens cannot be president...only natural BORN citizens dropped on US soil/territories or outposts. Canada is not "US soil". It is not one of our territories and it is not one of our outposts. Ted Cruz was born with a Canadian birth certificate. He can be governor. He can be senator. He just can't be president. BTW, I wanted to vote for Cruz. Read the OP. Not a Cruz hater here...just a realist..

The law on this has to be strict and fast. The reason is because once you grant leeway to one foreign born lad, they all get the leeway. Next thing you know you have a US serviceman knocking up an Iranian woman on shore leave and little Abdullah Akbar can become president too. It isn't limited to little boys (or girls) born to US moms in Canada. The founding fathers considered the position of president and the power of that Seat so vital and important, that any possible hint of non-allegiance to this nation from the earliest of formative years is too risky for potential subversion.

It's the checks and balances thing. With Congress, a foreign born member later naturalized would have hundreds of eyes and votes upon him, checking any non-allegiance. In the Supreme Court, there are 8 other Justices doing the same. But there's only one POTUS with one Pen. And that's why he has to be uber-patriotic from the very first stamp of his life.

OK. One last chance to educate yourself and perhaps then you will stop embarrassing yourself.

There are two ways to be a natural born citizen: jus soli and jus sanguinis. You are only addressing jus soli and absolutely refuse to even discuss jus sanguinis because it blows your entire stupid argument out of the water.

Cruz was born to a mother who was a US citizen. That is enough.

You are wrong.....
How so, would it be okay for the child of an American citizen who was born and raised abroad (in an enemy country, for example) to migrate to the US and become a US citizen, and then gain access to White House? I'm not saying Ted Cruz is that person, but there is a reason why the Founding Fathers wanted a person to be born and raised on our soil. The danger is much less. Be careful what you ask for.

I can see you failed your civics class in high school. Please, please, please read the Constitution! All of that is covered!

A foreign born naturalized citizen can be US president? Pretty sure the Constitution doesn't specifically say that. And that's why Cruz' own Harvard law professor and many others like him agree with me. Best way to handle this is for the Supreme Court to rule on it and get it over with once and for all.

Where did I say that?

Why would the Supreme Court waste its time on something that is as plain as the nose allegedly on your face?

They should, it's the Supreme Court's job. Clarify who can and can't be president according to the Constitution. If Cruz can, then so be it.

It is not a matter even up for dispute! That is why it is stupid to waste time doing it!

OK. One last chance to educate yourself and perhaps then you will stop embarrassing yourself.

There are two ways to be a natural born citizen: jus soli and jus sanguinis...
That is enough.

Tell me, are either of those two ways including having a Canadian birth certificate issued? Maybe you should stop embarrassing yourself..

How so, would it be okay for the child of an American citizen who was born and raised abroad (in an enemy country, for example) to migrate to the US and become a US citizen, and then gain access to White House? I'm not saying Ted Cruz is that person, but there is a reason why the Founding Fathers wanted a person to be born and raised on our soil. The danger is much less. Be careful what you ask for.

I can see you failed your civics class in high school. Please, please, please read the Constitution! All of that is covered!

A foreign born naturalized citizen can be US president? Pretty sure the Constitution doesn't specifically say that. And that's why Cruz' own Harvard law professor and many others like him agree with me. Best way to handle this is for the Supreme Court to rule on it and get it over with once and for all.

Where did I say that?

Why would the Supreme Court waste its time on something that is as plain as the nose allegedly on your face?

They should, it's the Supreme Court's job. Clarify who can and can't be president according to the Constitution. If Cruz can, then so be it.

It is not a matter even up for dispute! That is why it is stupid to waste time doing it!
An American President, natural born, in Canada? Like it or not, it has not been ruled on...

That is enough.

Tell me, are either of those two ways including having a Canadian birth certificate issued? Maybe you should stop embarrassing yourself..

I am typing this slowly, so I suggest you read it the same way.

Having a Canadian birth certificate has NOTHING to do with any of this.

I have a close friend with two children. Her daughter was born in Germany. She was born in a German hospital, with a German birth certificate. She was never naturalized. She is an American citizen.

Because my friend was an American citizen, her daughter is an American citizen, even though she was born and spent the first few years of her life in Germany. Her daughter is a citizen by what is called jus sanguinis, the right of the blood.

The same thing applies to Ted Cruz.

Contrary to what you keep spouting, you do not have to be born on American soil to be a US citizen.

That is enough.

That is enough.

That's enough of your stupidity asshole. Permanent Ignore

Oh, that's what the Court will find should Ted Cruz get the nomination and/or get elected. You can bank on it.

So when you were referring to 'The law on this has to be strict and fast'....what you were actually referring to was a Supreme Court ruling that hasn't happened yet?

Laughing....you're a hoot.

We can't as a nation keep violating the US Constitution, pretending that our founding fathers were "old fashioned kooks" and therefore all their ideas about preserving our Union were too. They fought between themselves and deliberated over and over how this country should be set up to last: not to relax the bedrock of its own laws time and again until everyone was laughing at the Constitution.

We have Obergefell. We have Citizen's United. We have the Judicial now writing special classes for their favorite deviant sex behaviors without permission from the Legislature. We have Justices creating a back door for non-citizens to most keenly affect our elections...citizens who haven't sworn the Oath of allegiance to our country and many of whom own controlling stock in US Corporations...who are our sworn enemies!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I like Ted Cruz. The fact that he was born in Canada makes me sick. I was planning on voting for him but I can't now. Nobody can. He isn't eligible to run for president. We MUST resist the urge to think of the wisdom of our founding fathers as "outdated". They KNEW what they were talking about in setting up the Constitution the way they did. They'd seen it all. Each new generation thinks they're the wisest and that age keeps getting lowered. Now we take orders from our 20 year olds on how marriage will be set up. We take orders from corporations on whether or not our country can be run by foreigners.

This has to stop. Sorry Ted Cruz. I really was looking forward to your candidacy.

1, there is no "if". he was born in Canada and held dual citizenship until he gave up his Canadian citizenship to run for president.

2. it is likely he is not a "natural born citizen" but the court has never really ruled on the issue.

That is enough.

That is enough.

damn... you're making me defend silhouette.

moron.

We can't as a nation keep violating the US Constitution, pretending that our founding fathers were "old fashioned kooks" and therefore all their ideas about preserving our Union were too. They fought between themselves and deliberated over and over how this country should be set up to last: not to relax the bedrock of its own laws time and again until everyone was laughing at the Constitution.

We have Obergefell. We have Citizen's United. We have the Judicial now writing special classes for their favorite deviant sex behaviors without permission from the Legislature. We have Justices creating a back door for non-citizens to most keenly affect our elections...citizens who haven't sworn the Oath of allegiance to our country and many of whom own controlling stock in US Corporations...who are our sworn enemies!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I like Ted Cruz. The fact that he was born in Canada makes me sick. I was planning on voting for him but I can't now. Nobody can. He isn't eligible to run for president. We MUST resist the urge to think of the wisdom of our founding fathers as "outdated". They KNEW what they were talking about in setting up the Constitution the way they did. They'd seen it all. Each new generation thinks they're the wisest and that age keeps getting lowered. Now we take orders from our 20 year olds on how marriage will be set up. We take orders from corporations on whether or not our country can be run by foreigners.

This has to stop. Sorry Ted Cruz. I really was looking forward to your candidacy.

Sorry Ted Cruz. I really was looking forward to your candidacy.

What are the top 5 things you would like about a Cruz Presidency?

That is enough.

That is enough.

Why would she care? Oh, right, she doesn't.

cruzvideo.jpg

1, there is no "if". he was born in Canada and held dual citizenship until he gave up his Canadian citizenship to run for president.

2. it is likely he is not a "natural born citizen" but the court has never really ruled on the issue.

So what exactly is a natural born citizen in your opinion?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

Is a person born within the borders of the U.S. an natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. because one or both of the parents are in the military (i.e. Germany, Japan, Korea) a natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. but one or both parents are U.S. citizens and working overseas a natural born citizen?

You didn't answer the question, what is a "natural born citizen"?

What about foreign businessmen or military that are in the U.S. and have a child while here? According to our laws, the child is natural born citizen. I had several Saudi soldiers that I instructed in the Army here in the U.S. Every one of them brought a wife that was pregnant and gave birth while here, giving that child U.S. citizenship. Are they more eligible to be president than Cruz because they were born inside the U.S. borders?

Is a person born within the borders of the U.S. an natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. because one or both of the parents are in the military (i.e. Germany, Japan, Korea) a natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. but one or both parents are U.S. citizens and working overseas a natural born citizen?

You didn't answer the question, what is a "natural born citizen"?

Forum List

Back