If Texas goes liberal on us we may as well start building an ark.

I guess we are not "real Christians" according your definition then.
You aren’t Christians according to Jesus lol

Um, I know tons of Christians who are have devoted their lives to helping the poor, building homes for poor families in Mexico, etc. Just because people aren’t falling for the globalist propaganda doesn’t mean they aren’t helping the poor. But nice attempt to slam an entire group of people.

Not sure where you are going with that? I am aware of hundreds of thousands of Christian missionaries helping the needy and oppresed in foreign lands. Yes, those are true Christians.
I am speaking of how American Christians thinks, act and vote. They do not resemble prudence in my way of understanding the faith.

Just in case there was any confusion, that post was to Billy. His post implied some things that are simply not true, or at best were misleading.

Ok, I am a bit confused myself in this forum. thanks
No worries. The quoting system here is not great, but oh well.

The young voters are more energized now thanks to social networking. Not more wise, just energized. And with 1500 "democrats" crossing the border each day the numbers look grim.

The Christian message on how to order one’s life is lost on a generation and even the previous one. So this anger, intolerance, meanness, higher frequency of bizarre or violent behavior, and self-righteous egoism, it’s all byproducts. The extent of the masses' political acumen is destroy Trump and we will have saved our nation. No further explanation necessary.
Nonsense.

For more than 5,000 years of Western civilization reactionary conservatives have lamented the state of ‘today’s youth’ – complaining about their ‘disrespect,’ ‘lack of wisdom,’ and ‘loss of faith’ – reactionary conservatives proven to be wrong time and again for more than 5,000 years.

The young voters are more energized now thanks to social networking. Not more wise, just energized. And with 1500 "democrats" crossing the border each day the numbers look grim.

The Christian message on how to order one’s life is lost on a generation and even the previous one. So this anger, intolerance, meanness, higher frequency of bizarre or violent behavior, and self-righteous egoism, it’s all byproducts. The extent of the masses' political acumen is destroy Trump and we will have saved our nation. No further explanation necessary.
Lol if you people were real Christians, you would be at the border waiting for those migrants with food and water.

Um, I know tons of Christians who are have devoted their lives to helping the poor, building homes for poor families in Mexico, etc. Just because people aren’t falling for the globalist propaganda doesn’t mean they aren’t helping the poor. But nice attempt to slam an entire group of people.

Not sure where you are going with that? I am aware of hundreds of thousands of Christian missionaries helping the needy and oppresed in foreign lands. Yes, those are true Christians.
I am speaking of how American Christians thinks, act and vote. They do not resemble prudence in my way of understanding the faith.
Does your understanding of the faith condone lying – such as the lie in your OP falsely claiming that non-citizens are ‘voting’ for Democrats.

If Republicans do lose control of Texas – or any other state – it will be justified and warranted, the consequence of their lies, dishonesty, and contempt for the truth.

Nonsense.

For more than 5,000 years of Western civilization reactionary conservatives have lamented the state of ‘today’s youth’ – complaining about their ‘disrespect,’ ‘lack of wisdom,’ and ‘loss of faith’ – reactionary conservatives proven to be wrong time and again for more than 5,000 years.
To me that is nothing more than a cliché which has held no credibility since the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan. Ever since then each generation has morphed exponentially from its predecessor. Especially in the realms of rampant promiscuity, perverse experimentation, disrespect for authorities, hyper egoism, and a disdain for Christian teachings. Now if you reject the reality of the Judeo-Christian G-d, then I imagine you have an excuse to doubt or dismiss what I am lamenting about.

They do to convert people in those countries.

I’ve worked in missions, no one has to convert to anything, we’re mainly planting seeds and doing what God calls all of us to do.
Where is your faith when you support a vile **** like trump, who calls most Mexican rapists, he doesnt want to help refugees and sends armed forces to shoot a desperate caravan. And is jesus happy with you endorsing a pussy grabber ?

This is hyperbole and a selective episodes in a person's past (albeit embellishments or slander) which you are using to define or judge a man. In this case I say you are acting rather dishonestly.
Wrong.

It’s a perfectly appropriate question.

How can those who claim to be Christian support the likes of Trump – someone who is a liar, a bigot, a racist, and a misogynist; indeed, Trump is anathema to the most fundamental principals of Christian dogma.

Lol if you people were real Christians, you would be at the border waiting for those migrants with food and water.

Does your understanding of the faith condone lying – such as the lie in your OP falsely claiming that non-citizens are ‘voting’ for Democrats.

If Republicans do lose control of Texas – or any other state – it will be justified and warranted, the consequence of their lies, dishonesty, and contempt for the truth.

My faith condones right judgment, as well as forgiveness for sins of the past. It also allows for human weaknesses to be present in a man trying very hard to serve his fellow man in other meaningful ways. That is close enough for how I view Trump. JFK got a pass from me and if Clinton did good things for America I would not hold his lady friends against him. Obama?... I have no way of faithfully sending a compliment his way.

I’ve worked in missions, no one has to convert to anything, we’re mainly planting seeds and doing what God calls all of us to do.
Where is your faith when you support a vile **** like trump, who calls most Mexican rapists, he doesnt want to help refugees and sends armed forces to shoot a desperate caravan. And is jesus happy with you endorsing a pussy grabber ?

This is hyperbole and a selective episodes in a person's past (albeit embellishments or slander) which you are using to define or judge a man. In this case I say you are acting rather dishonestly.
Wrong.

It’s a perfectly appropriate question.

How can those who claim to be Christian support the likes of Trump – someone who is a liar, a bigot, a racist, and a misogynist; indeed, Trump is anathema to the most fundamental principals of Christian dogma.

No, I find your summary to be extremely faulty, lacking Christian right judgment, and just dishonest. Too much here to start trotting out the blackboard listing all Trump's goodness and accomplishments vs. your charges.

Last edited:

Not sure it will turn liberal in our lifetimes but yesterday's midterm Senate election had more people voting than voted for the blob and Senator Clinton. And it was a midterm.
True, but the alarm from the right is that many affluent suburbs in large cities went blue for House of Representative candidates where they were strong Trump suporters in 2016, (especially the females). This was tell tale about a change in the nation's attitudes or values.

Are you in Texas? If so, what part?

No, northern states. I just love everything about Texas except the Dallas Cowboys. (maybe a couple of other things I cannot think of now) I liked them standing for their principles even if the rest of the country bristles.

If God was going to give the world and enema, he would stick the nozzle in Texas.

Not sure it will turn liberal in our lifetimes but yesterday's midterm Senate election had more people voting than voted for the blob and Senator Clinton. And it was a midterm.
True, but the alarm from the right is that many affluent suburbs in large cities went blue for House of Representative candidates where they were strong Trump suporters in 2016, (especially the females). This was tell tale about a change in the nation's attitudes or values.

No, northern states. I just love everything about Texas except the Dallas Cowboys. (maybe a couple of other things I cannot think of now) I liked them standing for their principles even if the rest of the country bristles.

If God was going to give the world and enema, he would stick the nozzle in Texas.

I'm sure you got the ambivalent voters attention with that. Have a good evening.

Who said I supported Trump?? That’s a big assumption you made, and a very wrong one. After Ron Paul was screwed over the second time, I sort of gave up on politics altogether. I think both “sides” are corrupt and I also think we have a one party system masquerading as two.

You're the sort of person who should be supporting Proportional Representation.

You'd not have to choose between two corrupt parties. You'd have a variety of choices (some call this Democracy).

In Germany they have six parties in the Bundestag. Traditional right and traditional left, center right, further right, left environment and further left.

If one person in one region votes for a party, then that gets added to all the other people in the country who want this party. So at the end, there's a fair allotment of seats compared to what the voters want.

They also have FPTP but this doesn't impact the overall make up of the Bundestag. But you still get your local representative.
And those six parties are compelled to form governing coalitions resulting in a de facto two-party system, the CDU and the SPD.

Proportional representation is not a panacea for those hostile to a two party system.

It’s as if all of human existence is hard-wired to be binary.

I'm sure you got the ambivalent voters attention with that. Have a good evening.

Lived in that shit hole for a good part of my life. Texas is the 32 y/o who is still in 7th grade and thinks that it is funny. Few in Texas politics are unaware of what a shitty state it is...and absolutely zero politicians with any clout give two shits that it sucks to high heaven. My friends in South Texas reported that the local ISD had a bond issue for about $300M to build a new high school. It passed 53-47%. Now...lets say that it failed. What would the ISD have done? Shrugged? Oh well, I guess the kids didn't really need the school after all? In most responsible burbs they tax the population to pay for frivolous things like schools, hospitals, water service; etc... Not in Texas. You have to approve a bond issue to have a hospital built and completed 7 years after the election; about the same time a second hospital is needed.

On another front, as I'm sure you know, a disgruntled high school student killed a bunch of his classmates and some teachers at Santa Fe High School. This happened in SE Houston between Houston and Galveston. It was a tragedy from every conceivable viewpoint and it has zero to do with Texas. This is a nationwide disgrace and there are no easy answers to this type of thing. I bring it up for one reason. A guy named Dan Patrick...

“Santa Fe parents have asked for immediate action to secure the entrances to their schools and I want to make sure that if the Santa Fe ISD School Board wants to install metal detectors they can do so,” Patrick said in a statement." Patrick had donated (or engineered the donation of--not sure)10 metal detectors to the District.

Who is Dan Patrick? He is the lump of shit that currently sits in the Lt. Governor's office. His job, in part, is to fund the fucking schools so they can buy their own fucking metal detectors. But wait....that would mean taxes and spending money. The horror....the horror... Yup, he saw to it that this one school may be somewhat safer. The school across I-45 in Texas City? Fuck em! You have to have a bloodbath to get this turd to see to it that your kids are safe.

The day I left that cesspool of a state was a second birthday I actually celebrate yearly. I know upwards of 300 fellow ex-pats who all have celebrations on the day we liberated ourselves from that place where common sense, grace, and intelligence goes to die. We have a face book group. Not really but I always wanted to start one.

Anyway, you have a good night yourself.

PS: Texas sucks!

Who said I supported Trump?? That’s a big assumption you made, and a very wrong one. After Ron Paul was screwed over the second time, I sort of gave up on politics altogether. I think both “sides” are corrupt and I also think we have a one party system masquerading as two.

You're the sort of person who should be supporting Proportional Representation.

You'd not have to choose between two corrupt parties. You'd have a variety of choices (some call this Democracy).

In Germany they have six parties in the Bundestag. Traditional right and traditional left, center right, further right, left environment and further left.

If one person in one region votes for a party, then that gets added to all the other people in the country who want this party. So at the end, there's a fair allotment of seats compared to what the voters want.

They also have FPTP but this doesn't impact the overall make up of the Bundestag. But you still get your local representative.
And those six parties are compelled to form governing coalitions resulting in a de facto two-party system, the CDU and the SPD.

Proportional representation is not a panacea for those hostile to a two party system.

It’s as if all of human existence is hard-wired to be binary.

They are. However it's different. For many reasons.

Reason 1 is that in order to form a coalition the smaller party will want concessions. Which means when the Greens were in with the SPD, Green policies got implemented. When the FDP per in junior coalition with the CDU, some of their policies got implemented.

Reason 2 is that the main two parties can't do whatever they like. The CDU is petrified of the AfD. The SPD is petrified of die Linke and the Greens. They can easily take the votes away from the main party when they feel that this party isn't doing what they want. As has happened.

2013 the CDU/CSU gained 41.5% of the vote.
The AfD gained 4.7%

2017 the CDU/CSU gained 33% of the vote.
The AfD gained 12.6%.

In the US if someone on the right hates what the Republicans are doing they have four choices. 1) don't vote. 2) Vote for a third party that stands no chance. 3) vote Democrat. 4) continue to vote Republican because they hate the Democratic Party more than the Republican Party when it's bad.

The last option is often the only real choice for many people.

It's not much of a choice.

In Germany they can vote for the AfD and hope the AfD gets enough seats to form a coalition with the CDU. Or they can hope the CDU still gets enough votes to be majority partner.

There's REAL CHOICE there.

Reason 3 is that there's real opposition to the main parties. These smaller parties are like little dogs nipping at their heels. One little mistake and wham. If the Republicans fuck up big time, they're still okay.

1. Seal the border.
2. Make white babies.

Two suggestions you can't ever go wrong with.

In my religion, such a person is a powerful leader who feasts, fights, and fucks for eternity in Odin's Meade Hall.
:laughing0301:

What's happening in TX is that CA is seeing a flight of people because the progs have made a mess of CA.

These transplants are drawn by the low taxes and the business friendly climates and then they start wanting to make TX more like CA because they forgot why the left CA in the fist place

WHat's the definition of insanity again?

So do you vote or not?

I always find it comical when avowed atheists attempt to lecture Christian people on how to behave and act Christian. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:

Yep...because they (and they alone) occupy the moral high ground (in their twisted minds).

I always find it comical when avowed atheists attempt to lecture Christian people on how to behave and act Christian. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:

If he was an American, he would be for building that wall starting today. A tall one as well.

If Texas goes liberal on us we may as well start building an ark.
Texas isn't "going liberal". Yes we have areas where that contagion has taken root, but a look at the state house and senate will assuage any concerns along those lines. The GOPers swept away the dims statewide in the midterms during Clinton and since then they have become overconfident and complacent (shit we even have one of those turd Bush's in statewide office). They will either wake up and go back to dancing with them that brought them or the pendulum will swing back to the dimocraps.

Forum List

Back