If the federal government's only responsible to the public was supplying free electricity and water....

AirTight

VIP Member
Sep 2, 2018
Would people have all they need to live there lives without any other assistance/programs?

Last edited:
IWhat zbout shelter itself? Food? Clothing? Education? Government has a role, it should just be minimally invasive.
Free electricity and water will gives you the ability to inquire those things without any other help. Home owning or rent would be alot easier when you don't have a electric or water bill. That extra money can go towards food or education.

Free electricity and water will gives you the ability to inquire those things without any other help. Home owning or rent would be alot easier when you don't have a electric or water bill. That extra money can go towards food or education.
I suppose. I just wonder though if prices of housing would just increase since renters wouldn't have that expense (and.owners would want a piece of that pie).

No. In short order, our many enemies would attack, and invade. You freebies would then come to an immediate end.
Would people have all they need to live there lives without any other assistance/programs?

Why are you obsessing over government assistance programs. Why don't you look at other ways to cut expenses - one of which would be to raise the minimum wage and eliminate "earned income credits" for minimum wage workers. Institute a $500 child tax credit for low wage workers, and ensure all public schools have adequate text books, and computer resources for all students.

Make the corporations pay their own damn workers. Eliminate thousands of government jobs in the process - reduced benefits paid, higher withholding collected, reduced size of government.

Wash, rinse, repeat for Food Stamps.

Increasing wages and rebalancing the tax codes so that the top 10% are paying both their employees, and higher taxes on profits. Giving 80% of your wealth and income to the top 10% is a recipe to turn your country into Brazil.,

No, it would not because "alot" is not a word.

Not sure what you are trying to say but it did cause a light bulb to come on in my head. Leftists always claim we have a right to free healthcare so I wonder if leftists also believe we have a right to free water and other utilities, free food, and free housing.

Not sure what you are trying to say but it did cause a light bulb to come on in my head. Leftists always claim we have a right to free healthcare so I wonder if leftists also believe we have a right to free water and other utilities, free food, and free housing.
I'm saying just free electricity and water

Forum List

Back