If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

Libs are feelings driven and law enforcement is facts. Libs in charge will allow for lawlessness as enforcement can be unpleasant and snowflakes can't allow that bad feelingbut can allow their own bad acts

I could educate you by explaining certain aspects of the tax code to you. Hardy makes me a teacher per se.

And what exactly is Ann going to be "educating" the students on?

Uhm, a point of view other than their narrow, close minded little world?

So in other words, if a student misses her speech, they won't be missing out on anything, correct?

No. They'd just be missing out on an opposing point of view... can't have any of that can we!!! Little ignorant babies.

Couldn't they just watch some of her talks or interviews on youtube? Have you ever heard of this thing called the internet?

Of course students have already been exposed to Ann and her hate-filled rantings for years now. You are severely underestimating just how exposed to opposing views young adults are these days.

I doubt these useless little fucks have read anything outside of their twisted worldview. That much is pretty obvious.

Yet no teaching credentials, therefore, she won't be doing any "educating." She will however, be running that horsemouth of hers.

Doesn't need to be a teacher, chum.

(Look up the definition of 'chum', in regards to fishing)

Political hacks like Ann Coulter are not "teaching" anything. The only thing she does is run her mouth and voice her opinion. That's it. It is terrifying that you don't realize that.

By the way, I was wondering when you were going to take a break from your funny icon passive aggressive extravaganza and actually comment. What a let down that was. Stick to giving funny icons. That's more your speed. 10 funnies in this thread alone. Amazing, Will.

When did Coulter ever proclaim herself to be a teacher?

Don't think she did. But JC proclaimed that she was there to "educate."

I could educate you by explaining certain aspects of the tax code to you. Hardy makes me a teacher per se.
Exactly! SYTFE seems to be convinced the only people who educate others are qualified teachers :cuckoo:

BTW, nothing like a university standing in the way of a right wing student's education.

lol, what teaching credentials does Ann Coulter have?
Had to look it up, but...

"Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer."

pretty good creds to give speeches on campus

Yet no teaching credentials, therefore, she won't be doing any "educating." She will however, be running that horsemouth of hers.

Political hacks like Ann Coulter are not "teaching" anything. The only thing she does is run her mouth and voice her opinion. That's it. It is terrifying that you don't realize that.

By the way, I was wondering when you were going to take a break from your funny icon passive aggressive extravaganza and actually comment. What a let down that was. Stick to giving funny icons. That's more your speed. 10 funnies in this thread alone. Amazing, Will.
so why are you so fking concerned?

BTW, nothing like a university standing in the way of a right wing student's education.

lol, what teaching credentials does Ann Coulter have?
Had to look it up, but...

"Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer."

pretty good creds to give speeches on campus

Well I did tell SYTFE that Ann Coulter was more intelligent than he is :smoke:

Other things that are more intelligent than SYTFE:

Paper cups.

View attachment 122620

Mist.

latest

Mist=Manure auf Deutsche, so yeah, shit is smarter than sytfe

Hey Westwall!

Trolling/No Content
Your message contains trolling, flaming and/or no content

Exactly! SYTFE seems to be convinced the only people who educate others are qualified teachers :cuckoo:
to which at a university is slim to none nowadays.

Do universities hire people without teaching credentials to teach?

So in other words, if a student misses her speech, they won't be missing out on anything, correct?
Are you advocating that colleges have no speakers, outside of lecturers for classes?
only right wing ones, it seems.

All t he time. You don't need to have a teaching certificate to teach outside of grades K - 12. Good grief, you don't know this?

No. They'd just be missing out on an opposing point of view... can't have any of that can we!!! Little ignorant babies.

Couldn't they just watch some of her talks or interviews on youtube? Have you ever heard of this thing called the internet?

Of course students have already been exposed to Ann and her hate-filled rantings for years now. You are severely underestimating just how exposed to opposing views young adults are these days.

I doubt these useless little fucks have read anything outside of their twisted worldview. That much is pretty obvious.

They don't have to read any of her books to know what she's about. She's been making herself known and heard for quite some time. Hilarious that you think students have never heard of her.

Now you're down to trolling..

They don't have to read any of her books to know what she's about. She's been making herself known and heard for quite some time. Hilarious that you think students have never heard of her.

If they hadn't heard of her, they wouldn't have invited her to speak.

they likely, IMO, invited her to learn more of her opinions.

If you don't read her or listen to her, how in the world do you "know what she's about"?

:dig:

LOL

Go ahead and try to graduate from any accredited university after taking classes from non-credentialed teachers. Let me know how well that works out for you.

Look here, dumbass.

Being a teacher is not a requirement for guest speakers at universities.

If it was, not as many BLM or NAACP speakers would be allowed.

A bizarro point of view, that to be allowed to be a guest speaker at a University someone has to be a teacher :uhoh3:

No one ever said that, toots. Thanks again for the logical fallacy. What is that, 5, 6 in this thread alone? You're on a roll!

"No one ever said that, toots."

Yes they have, you have, you have consistently stated throughout this thread that Ann Coulter has no teaching credentials so therefore she shouldn't be allowed to be invited to address students as a guest speaker at a University.

"Thanks again for the logical fallacy."

Are you channelling C. Clayton Jones or something?

If so you should stop it, Clayton does this thing better than you do.

To be fair to Styfe, that is not what he said. He responded to this post:

Styfe said that Coulter is not educating, but opining, therefore the university is not standing in the way of a student's education by preventing her from speaking on campus. In the context of the argument he seems to be making, he is probably correct; hearing Coulter speak on campus is not likely to be part of the formal, university-designed education of the students.

It seems to be an argument about a specific point which has spiraled a bit out of control. Coulter's appearance is probably not part of the requirements of any classes. Students can be educated by Coulter, or any speaker, in a more general sense. I think this is a dead horse that has been beaten until it is unrecognizable. :p

EDIT: I misspelled Ann Coulter's name and had to fix it.
is a library an educational resource?

All t he time. You don't need to have a teaching certificate to teach outside of grades K - 12. Good grief, you don't know this?

Here you go, clueless one:

"The minimum level of education required for college professors is a master's degree, which can qualify an individual for work as a professor at a community college. A doctoral degree is typically required to work as a full-time, tenure-track university professor. You should be prepared to earn an undergraduate degree in your chosen subject area, go to graduate school, complete a Ph.D. program, conduct independent research, and write and publish articles in scholarly journals.

In addition, you may need to gain teaching and research experience as a graduate assistant, or gain work experience in settings like governmental, nonprofit, and the private sector related to your field of study. The key skills you want to build include critical thinking skills, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of classroom management."

How to Become a College Professor: Education and Career Roadmap

If you don't read her or listen to her, how in the world do you "know what she's about"?

:dig:

Here you go, clueless one:

"The minimum level of education required for college professors is a master's degree, which can qualify an individual for work as a professor at a community college. A doctoral degree is typically required to work as a full-time, tenure-track university professor. You should be prepared to earn an undergraduate degree in your chosen subject area, go to graduate school, complete a Ph.D. program, conduct independent research, and write and publish articles in scholarly journals.

In addition, you may need to gain teaching and research experience as a graduate assistant, or gain work experience in settings like governmental, nonprofit, and the private sector related to your field of study. The key skills you want to build include critical thinking skills, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of classroom management."

How to Become a College Professor: Education and Career Roadmap
the blind leading the blind? too funny.

The attention given the shitbags from the protests overwhelms the attention their shows and opinions deserve. I think having to listen to that Harpy Skank speak is punishment enough for students association that invited her.
so why do you wish to impose your will on others? it's so white of you.

I have no desire to see an Ann Coulter show. I don't care if you want to go to her show. Serves you right to have to listen to that Harpy screech.

Is that racist?

Racist? No. Misogynistic? Definitely.

Not wanting to see Coulter is misogynistic? :eusa_think:

No. But referring to a woman as a "Harpy Screech" sure is.

Her voice is very annoying. Punishment enough.

No, but they allow them to speak, unless they aren't lefties of course. Have you actually been to uni?

Forum List

Back