If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

All t he time. You don't need to have a teaching certificate to teach outside of grades K - 12. Good grief, you don't know this?

Here you go, clueless one:

"The minimum level of education required for college professors is a master's degree, which can qualify an individual for work as a professor at a community college. A doctoral degree is typically required to work as a full-time, tenure-track university professor. You should be prepared to earn an undergraduate degree in your chosen subject area, go to graduate school, complete a Ph.D. program, conduct independent research, and write and publish articles in scholarly journals.

In addition, you may need to gain teaching and research experience as a graduate assistant, or gain work experience in settings like governmental, nonprofit, and the private sector related to your field of study. The key skills you want to build include critical thinking skills, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of classroom management."

How to Become a College Professor: Education and Career Roadmap

Coulter holds a Juris Doctorate you fool.

So, she's going to be giving a speech about law?

She usually touches on aspects of the law and how they pertain to current events. What is your point?

You're not very good at this; you're all over the map.

Just trying to follow along with your monkey on crack train of thought.

Seems to me that Ann is only actually qualified to "educate" about the law. I've noticed she never says a damn thing about it, usually preferring to opine about how bad "libruls" are.

Are you starting to get this yet? Ann doesn't "educate." She opines. Period. You know what they say about opinions, right?

What makes her opinion worth so much? Because you agree with it?
so have you ever heard her speak? other than on a TV news outlet?

All t he time. You don't need to have a teaching certificate to teach outside of grades K - 12. Good grief, you don't know this?

"The minimum level of education required for college professors is a master's degree, which can qualify an individual for work as a professor at a community college. A doctoral degree is typically required to work as a full-time, tenure-track university professor. You should be prepared to earn an undergraduate degree in your chosen subject area, go to graduate school, complete a Ph.D. program, conduct independent research, and write and publish articles in scholarly journals.

In addition, you may need to gain teaching and research experience as a graduate assistant, or gain work experience in settings like governmental, nonprofit, and the private sector related to your field of study. The key skills you want to build include critical thinking skills, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of classroom management."

She usually touches on aspects of the law and how they pertain to current events. What is your point?

Seems to me that Ann is only actually qualified to "educate" about the law. I've noticed she never says a damn thing about it, usually preferring to opine about how bad "libruls" are.

Are you starting to get this yet? Ann doesn't "educate." She opines. Period. You know what they say about opinions, right?

She's not going there teach a class. Christ almighty you're a cement head. Even Malcom X & Louis Farrakhan spoke at Berkeley. Tell me, what were their "qualifications"?

I'm in the UK, and I've seen Coulter interviewed for U.K. Tv.
From what I've seen, she's a Conservative. Not KKK or something. Preventing Conservatives from speaking is fascistic!!! On the news today, a female Labour (leftie) politician said if she could prevent French people from voting for LePen - she would! Lol. The left are overtly fascist.

Last edited:

so have you ever heard her speak? other than on a TV news outlet?

Odds are, he's likely only heard sound bites of her speeches on MSNBC

So in other words, if a student misses her speech, they won't be missing out on anything, correct?

No. They'd just be missing out on an opposing point of view... can't have any of that can we!!! Little ignorant babies.

Couldn't they just watch some of her talks or interviews on youtube? Have you ever heard of this thing called the internet?

Of course students have already been exposed to Ann and her hate-filled rantings for years now. You are severely underestimating just how exposed to opposing views young adults are these days.

I doubt these useless little fucks have read anything outside of their twisted worldview. That much is pretty obvious.

They don't have to read any of her books to know what she's about. She's been making herself known and heard for quite some time. Hilarious that you think students have never heard of her.

If they hadn't heard of her, they wouldn't have invited her to speak.

they likely, IMO, invited her to learn more of her opinions.
which he doesn't want them to hear cause he is GAWD. or he thinks he is. He is but a parrot with a cracker.

Political hacks like Ann Coulter are not "teaching" anything. The only thing she does is run her mouth and voice her opinion. That's it. It is terrifying that you don't realize that.

By the way, I was wondering when you were going to take a break from your funny icon passive aggressive extravaganza and actually comment. What a let down that was. Stick to giving funny icons. That's more your speed. 10 funnies in this thread alone. Amazing, Will.

When did Coulter ever proclaim herself to be a teacher?

Don't think she did. But JC proclaimed that she was there to "educate."

I could educate you by explaining certain aspects of the tax code to you. Hardy makes me a teacher per se.
Exactly! SYTFE seems to be convinced the only people who educate others are qualified teachers :cuckoo:

Do universities hire people without teaching credentials to teach?
Have you ever watched documentaries where you have found yourself more educated about the subject matter afterwards? Was a teacher holding your hand throughout?

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.
Cowards.

and who decides which is free, and which is hate speech?

You?

The local DNC Elector?

The person that takes a month off before election to canvass for his candidate?

Sounds like you only want your version of 'free speech' on campus.
The great thing is, it is so common sense, that any objective, intelligent group of adults can asses a person's words and decide.

and yet they are professors at the school. get them out then.

I've never read anything from Coulter that fits this description and I read her weekly.

and who decides which is free, and which is hate speech?

You?

The local DNC Elector?

The person that takes a month off before election to canvass for his candidate?

Sounds like you only want your version of 'free speech' on campus.
The great thing is, it is so common sense, that any objective, intelligent group of adults can asses a person's words and decide.
and you want to stop someone from being able to judge for themselves. how fking white of you.

She's not going there teach a class. Christ almighty you're a cement head. Even Malcom X spoke at Berkeley. Tell me, what were his "qualifications"?

Again, I'm sounding like a broken record here, but I'm not saying that she shouldn't be allowed to speak because she isn't a teacher. All I'm saying is that it's important to make the distinction here that the only thing Ann is going to do is voice her opinion in front of a group of students. She isn't a teacher, her word isn't gospel, and her opinions are not any more valuable than anyone else's. That's it. Berkely getting in the way of her speaking is not "interfering with the students education" or any other bizarre thing the resident 'tards here are claiming. She's a woman with a big mouth and a lot of opinions, period.

And again, just to state for the record for a second time, I think it's a great thing to have speakers like her on campus as it fosters a healthy debate. But no one should be under any illusions that she's doing anything other than running her mouth and sharing her opinions.

Political hacks like Ann Coulter are not "teaching" anything. The only thing she does is run her mouth and voice her opinion. That's it. It is terrifying that you don't realize that.

By the way, I was wondering when you were going to take a break from your funny icon passive aggressive extravaganza and actually comment. What a let down that was. Stick to giving funny icons. That's more your speed. 10 funnies in this thread alone. Amazing, Will.

When did Coulter ever proclaim herself to be a teacher?

Don't think she did. But JC proclaimed that she was there to "educate."

I could educate you by explaining certain aspects of the tax code to you. Hardy makes me a teacher per se.
Exactly! SYTFE seems to be convinced the only people who educate others are qualified teachers :cuckoo:

Do universities hire people without teaching credentials to teach?
Do schools hire non teachers to speak about drugs, law enforcement etc?

Cowards.
I'm sorry. College is expensive. I have a kid who is racially mixed, I'm not spending all that in tuition money for people to let some a**hole talk to my kids classmates about why he should be hated for his skin color. Fuck off.

Forum List

Back