If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

Coulter holds a Juris Doctorate you fool.

So, she's going to be giving a speech about law?

She usually touches on aspects of the law and how they pertain to current events. What is your point?

You're not very good at this; you're all over the map.

Just trying to follow along with your monkey on crack train of thought.

Seems to me that Ann is only actually qualified to "educate" about the law. I've noticed she never says a damn thing about it, usually preferring to opine about how bad "libruls" are.

Are you starting to get this yet? Ann doesn't "educate." She opines. Period. You know what they say about opinions, right?

What makes her opinion worth so much? Because you agree with it?

She's not going there teach a class. Christ almighty you're a cement head. Even Malcom X spoke at Berkeley. Tell me, what were his "qualifications"?

Again, I'm sounding like a broken record here, but I'm not saying that she shouldn't be allowed to speak because she isn't a teacher. All I'm saying is that it's important to make the distinction here that the only thing Ann is going to do is voice her opinion in front of a group of students. She isn't a teacher, her word isn't gospel, and her opinions are not any more valuable than anyone else's. That's it. Berkely getting in the way of her speaking is not "interfering with the students education" or any other bizarre thing the resident 'tards here are claiming. She's a woman with a big mouth and a lot of opinions, period.

And again, just to state for the record for a second time, I think it's a great thing to have speakers like her on campus as it fosters a healthy debate. But no one should be under any illusions that she's doing anything other than running her mouth and sharing her opinions.

Nobody's claiming other ya goofy egghead.

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.
Cowards.
I'm sorry. College is expensive. I have a kid who is racially mixed, I'm not spending all that in tuition money for people to let some a**hole talk to my kids classmates about why he should be hated for his skin color. Fuck off.
he doesn't have to go to the speech. you know this right?

All t he time. You don't need to have a teaching certificate to teach outside of grades K - 12. Good grief, you don't know this?

Here you go, clueless one:

"The minimum level of education required for college professors is a master's degree, which can qualify an individual for work as a professor at a community college. A doctoral degree is typically required to work as a full-time, tenure-track university professor. You should be prepared to earn an undergraduate degree in your chosen subject area, go to graduate school, complete a Ph.D. program, conduct independent research, and write and publish articles in scholarly journals.

In addition, you may need to gain teaching and research experience as a graduate assistant, or gain work experience in settings like governmental, nonprofit, and the private sector related to your field of study. The key skills you want to build include critical thinking skills, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of classroom management."

How to Become a College Professor: Education and Career Roadmap

She usually touches on aspects of the law and how they pertain to current events. What is your point?

Seems to me that Ann is only actually qualified to "educate" about the law. I've noticed she never says a damn thing about it, usually preferring to opine about how bad "libruls" are.

Are you starting to get this yet? Ann doesn't "educate." She opines. Period. You know what they say about opinions, right?

Normal people learn by listening to what others have to say. The 'others' don't have to be teachers for the listener to learn something.

LOL

Go ahead and try to graduate from any accredited university after taking classes from non-credentialed teachers. Let me know how well that works out for you.

Look here, dumbass.

Being a teacher is not a requirement for guest speakers at universities.

If it was, not as many BLM or NAACP speakers would be allowed.

A bizarro point of view, that to be allowed to be a guest speaker at a University someone has to be a teacher :uhoh3:

No one ever said that, toots. Thanks again for the logical fallacy. What is that, 5, 6 in this thread alone? You're on a roll!

"No one ever said that, toots."

Yes they have, you have, you have consistently stated throughout this thread that Ann Coulter has no teaching credentials so therefore she shouldn't be allowed to be invited to address students as a guest speaker at a University.

"Thanks again for the logical fallacy."

Are you channelling C. Clayton Jones or something?

If so you should stop it, Clayton does this thing better than you do.

You are very annoying.

I never said she shouldn't be speaking because she lacks teaching credentials, sugar. I said that Berkeley not having her speak was not "interfering with the students education," as per JC's claim, because she isn't a credentialed teacher. She isn't an educator. She's a hack. A political commentator with a big mouth, kind of like you!

Please, try to keep up. If you can't keep up with a discussion, then stop butting in.

^^^^

upload_2017-4-21_21-10-25.png

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

and who decides which is free, and which is hate speech?

You?

The local DNC Elector?

The person that takes a month off before election to canvass for his candidate?

Sounds like you only want your version of 'free speech' on campus.
The great thing is, it is so common sense, that any objective, intelligent group of adults can asses a person's words and decide.

and some would agree that Ann shouldn't speak because they consider it hate speech, but have Sharpton, Michael Moore, Farrakhan, etc give speeches daily.

Sorry little girl..

ban one, ban all

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.
Cowards.
I'm sorry. College is expensive. I have a kid who is racially mixed, I'm not spending all that in tuition money for people to let some a**hole talk to my kids classmates about why he should be hated for his skin color. Fuck off.
My wife and I are racially mixed and (obviously) so are our kids.

None of us are afraid of words.

We're not afraid of our kids hearing something that challenges them.

We know how lucky we are to live in this country.

What are you afraid of? Don't think your kids can handle it? Have you failed them as a parent?

The attention given the shitbags from the protests overwhelms the attention their shows and opinions deserve. I think having to listen to that Harpy Skank speak is punishment enough for students association that invited her.
so why do you wish to impose your will on others? it's so white of you.

I have no desire to see an Ann Coulter show. I don't care if you want to go to her show. Serves you right to have to listen to that Harpy screech.

Is that racist?
so why do you supposed someone wishes to protest it then?

I have no problem with someone who wishes to protest it either. I have a problem with someone violently trying to shut them down.
what I don't get to be quite honest, is why someone would protest something they have never heard.
And why prevent someone from speaking when you are not forced to go and listen to them! This is lefties for you. I don't want to hear it and I don't want anyone else to hear it!

Does Coulter engage in hate speech and incite violence? I've never heard her do that.
And aren't there already laws against that?

Here you go, clueless one:

"The minimum level of education required for college professors is a master's degree, which can qualify an individual for work as a professor at a community college. A doctoral degree is typically required to work as a full-time, tenure-track university professor. You should be prepared to earn an undergraduate degree in your chosen subject area, go to graduate school, complete a Ph.D. program, conduct independent research, and write and publish articles in scholarly journals.

In addition, you may need to gain teaching and research experience as a graduate assistant, or gain work experience in settings like governmental, nonprofit, and the private sector related to your field of study. The key skills you want to build include critical thinking skills, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of classroom management."

How to Become a College Professor: Education and Career Roadmap

Normal people learn by listening to what others have to say. The 'others' don't have to be teachers for the listener to learn something.

IF she were providing educational content, students would gain credits for attending. Since they aren't, it's just entertainment. Like going to a circus to watch a clown perform.

Cowards.
My wife and I are racially mixed and (obviously) so are our kids.

None of us are afraid of words.

We're not afraid of our kids hearing something that challenges them.

We know how lucky we are to live in this country.

What are you afraid of? Don't think your kids can handle it? Have you failed them as a parent?
No. My kid can handle anything. I'm worried about other kids. Kids raised by trump supporters, by people that taught them it is okay to discriminate. I am worried about the gullible and easily impressed. I am worried about what values Universities are impressing with their far right speakers.
My worries are valid as hate crimes have been on the rise since trump took office. A whole slew of racists and home grown terrorists have been emboldened by this election. I want them back under their rocks.
What I don't want is some screwed up white kid to bring a gun in the cafeteria and aim it at the brownest skin he sees because Milo told him it was cool.

and who decides which is free, and which is hate speech?

You?

The local DNC Elector?

The person that takes a month off before election to canvass for his candidate?

Sounds like you only want your version of 'free speech' on campus.
The great thing is, it is so common sense, that any objective, intelligent group of adults can asses a person's words and decide.
this is soooooo ironic it's hilarious....

IF she were providing educational content, students would gain credits for attending. Since they aren't, it's just entertainment. Like going to a circus to watch a clown perform.
how you figure. I already explained what was most likely the reason. did you ignore me?

Cowards.

And of course you can cite one instance where Coulter said people "should be hated for his skin color"?

Cowards.
he doesn't have to go to the speech. you know this right?

Just curious

If her son was white, would she be against him attending a speech by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, MLK jr, or other that preach against the white man?

Forum List

Back