If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

You are a useless whiner who is not going to get his way. Whether Liberty University or UCB, academia requires a diversity of opinion, and that includes the right wing fascists as well.

Wrong. Allowing right wing extremist shitbags to speak at their school is not a school requirement. I'm only saying they're under no obligation to placate every right wing, alt-right or white nationalist who fancies themselves a special snowflake ENTITLED to speak. I do think they should have these cretins to speak though. I think it's good for debate.

The attention given the shitbags from the protests overwhelms the attention their shows and opinions deserve. I think having to listen to that Harpy Skank speak is punishment enough for students association that invited her.
so why do you wish to impose your will on others? it's so white of you.

I have no desire to see an Ann Coulter show. I don't care if you want to go to her show. Serves you right to have to listen to that Harpy screech.

Is that racist?

Racist? No. Misogynistic? Definitely.

Not wanting to see Coulter is misogynistic? :eusa_think:

Political hacks like Ann Coulter are not "teaching" anything. The only thing she does is run her mouth and voice her opinion. That's it. It is terrifying that you don't realize that.

By the way, I was wondering when you were going to take a break from your funny icon passive aggressive extravaganza and actually comment. What a let down that was. Stick to giving funny icons. That's more your speed. 10 funnies in this thread alone. Amazing, Will.

When did Coulter ever proclaim herself to be a teacher?

Don't think she did. But JC proclaimed that she was there to "educate."

I could educate you by explaining certain aspects of the tax code to you. Hardy makes me a teacher per se.

And what exactly is Ann going to be "educating" the students on?

Uhm, a point of view other than their narrow, close minded little world?

So in other words, if a student misses her speech, they won't be missing out on anything, correct?

BTW, nothing like a university standing in the way of a right wing student's education.

lol, what teaching credentials does Ann Coulter have?
Had to look it up, but...

"Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer."

pretty good creds to give speeches on campus

Yet no teaching credentials, therefore, she won't be doing any "educating." She will however, be running that horsemouth of hers.
Don't parents (the majority of whom aren't teachers) educate their children?

Wrong. Allowing right wing extremist shitbags to speak at their school is not a school requirement. I'm only saying they're under no obligation to placate every right wing, alt-right or white nationalist who fancies themselves a special snowflake ENTITLED to speak. I do think they should have these cretins to speak though. I think it's good for debate.

The attention given the shitbags from the protests overwhelms the attention their shows and opinions deserve. I think having to listen to that Harpy Skank speak is punishment enough for students association that invited her.

I have no desire to see an Ann Coulter show. I don't care if you want to go to her show. Serves you right to have to listen to that Harpy screech.

Is that racist?

Racist? No. Misogynistic? Definitely.

Not wanting to see Coulter is misogynistic? :eusa_think:

No. But referring to a woman as a "Harpy Screech" sure is.

LOL

Go ahead and try to graduate from any accredited university after taking classes from non-credentialed teachers. Let me know how well that works out for you.

Look here, dumbass.

Being a teacher is not a requirement for guest speakers at universities.

If it was, not as many BLM or NAACP speakers would be allowed.

A bizarro point of view, that to be allowed to be a guest speaker at a University someone has to be a teacher :uhoh3:

No one ever said that, toots. Thanks again for the logical fallacy. What is that, 5, 6 in this thread alone? You're on a roll!

"No one ever said that, toots."

Yes they have, you have, you have consistently stated throughout this thread that Ann Coulter has no teaching credentials so therefore she shouldn't be allowed to be invited to address students as a guest speaker at a University.

"Thanks again for the logical fallacy."

Are you channelling C. Clayton Jones or something?

If so you should stop it, Clayton does this thing better than you do.

To be fair to Styfe, that is not what he said. He responded to this post:
BTW, nothing like a university standing in the way of a right wing student's education.

Styfe said that Colter is not educating, but opining, therefore the university is not standing in the way of a student's education by preventing her from speaking on campus. In the context of the argument he seems to be making, he is probably correct; hearing Colter speak on campus is not likely to be part of the formal, university-designed education of the students.

It seems to be an argument about a specific point which has spiraled a bit out of control. Colter's appearance is probably not part of the requirements of any classes. Students can be educated by Colter, or any speaker, in a more general sense. I think this is a dead horse that has been beaten until it is unrecognizable. :p

Jesus. Thank you. You stated that better than I could.

:beer:

verb (used with object), taught, teaching.
to impart knowledge of or skill in; give instruction in:
She teaches mathematics.
Synonyms: coach.

to impart knowledge or skill to; give instruction to:
He teaches a large class.
Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach.
verb (used without object), taught, teaching.

3. to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach

Nothing about government permission in there

LOL

Go ahead and try to graduate from any accredited university after taking classes from non-credentialed teachers. Let me know how well that works out for you.

Look here, dumbass.

NO SHIT it isn't a "requirement," you dunce.

The point I was originally making with JC is that guest speakers aren't "educating." They're opining. That's it.

Try to keep up.

What a load of bullshit. There are plenty of guest speakers who educate. How many authors have been guests who have no formal education. You have your head so far up your ass I am surprised that you can breath.

Will attending Ann's speech give students any credits?
Absolutely not. That's one of the tricks they use.

I could educate you by explaining certain aspects of the tax code to you. Hardy makes me a teacher per se.

So in other words, if a student misses her speech, they won't be missing out on anything, correct?

No. They'd just be missing out on an opposing point of view... can't have any of that can we!!! Little ignorant babies.

Are you advocating that colleges have no speakers, outside of lecturers for classes?

When you listen to a political commentator give a "speech," they are not "educating." They are opining. Pretty simple concept, conservatives.

Jesus Christ...no wonder you morons are so confused about this....all this time you thought you were receiving an education by listening to your right wing blow hards, day in and day out, 24/7!!!

That's some scary shit!

quote-threats-to-freedom-of-speech-writing-and-action-though-often-trivial-in-isolation-are-cumulative-george-orwell-257224.jpg

teaserbox_27680755.jpg

war-freedom-peace-1984-george-orwell-wallpaper.jpg

Freedom_of_Thought_Ben_Franklin.jpg

You are a useless whiner who is not going to get his way. Whether Liberty University or UCB, academia requires a diversity of opinion, and that includes the right wing fascists as well.

Is that racist?
so why do you supposed someone wishes to protest it then?

I have no problem with someone who wishes to protest it either. I have a problem with someone violently trying to shut them down.

Look here, dumbass.

A bizarro point of view, that to be allowed to be a guest speaker at a University someone has to be a teacher :uhoh3:

No one ever said that, toots. Thanks again for the logical fallacy. What is that, 5, 6 in this thread alone? You're on a roll!

"No one ever said that, toots."

Yes they have, you have, you have consistently stated throughout this thread that Ann Coulter has no teaching credentials so therefore she shouldn't be allowed to be invited to address students as a guest speaker at a University.

"Thanks again for the logical fallacy."

Are you channelling C. Clayton Jones or something?

If so you should stop it, Clayton does this thing better than you do.

To be fair to Styfe, that is not what he said. He responded to this post:

Styfe said that Colter is not educating, but opining, therefore the university is not standing in the way of a student's education by preventing her from speaking on campus. In the context of the argument he seems to be making, he is probably correct; hearing Colter speak on campus is not likely to be part of the formal, university-designed education of the students.

It seems to be an argument about a specific point which has spiraled a bit out of control. Colter's appearance is probably not part of the requirements of any classes. Students can be educated by Colter, or any speaker, in a more general sense. I think this is a dead horse that has been beaten until it is unrecognizable. :p

Jesus. Thank you. You stated that better than I could.

:beer:

Yet they were fine when they went wilding over Trump... weren't worried about interfering in their education then. Like I said, if my kid were involved in that he'd get not another $ in tuition. Fuck that. Get a job and pay your own tuition and act like a fucking baby on your own dime.

Pretty safe to say you missed the boat many many years ago.

No. They'd just be missing out on an opposing point of view... can't have any of that can we!!! Little ignorant babies.

Couldn't they just watch some of her talks or interviews on youtube? Have you ever heard of this thing called the internet?

Of course students have already been exposed to Ann and her hate-filled rantings for years now. You are severely underestimating just how exposed to opposing views young adults are these days.

She teaches mathematics.

3. to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach

LOL

Look here, dumbass.

NO SHIT it isn't a "requirement," you dunce.

The point I was originally making with JC is that guest speakers aren't "educating." They're opining. That's it.

Try to keep up.

What a load of bullshit. There are plenty of guest speakers who educate. How many authors have been guests who have no formal education. You have your head so far up your ass I am surprised that you can breath.

Will attending Ann's speech give students any credits?
why wouldn't it? does a library give credits?

What educational value did Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad provide when he spoke at Columbia? What educational credentials did Michael Moore have when he spoke at the University of Arizona?

You are really grasping at straws to defend fascism, aren't you?

The point was Jc said that Ann provides an "education" and that the university was "getting in the way" of it. I simply asked, what education does Ann provide? What are her qualifications for teaching? What are her credentials to educate?

So when is only capable of educating if they have approved government credentials?

That is literally the definition of teaching within a university environment, yes.

She teaches mathematics.

Remember a quote from an All in the Family episode: "Every man is my teacher, in that I might learn from him".
shhhhhhhhh, the left in here have no idea how to utilize different material as a learning tool.

Universities are under no obligation to give right wing fascists a platform to "speak." No university owes these useless sacks of shit a goddamn thing. Stop whining.
If it is a publicly funded school they most certainly do have an obligation to protect free speech. And of course when you have one side calling any one to the right of chairman Mao a rightwing fascist you end up with the echo chambers that US universities have become.

lol, what teaching credentials does Ann Coulter have?
Had to look it up, but...

"Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961) is an American conservative social and political commentator, writer, syndicated columnist, and lawyer."

pretty good creds to give speeches on campus

Yet no teaching credentials, therefore, she won't be doing any "educating." She will however, be running that horsemouth of hers.
Don't parents (the majority of whom aren't teachers) educate their children?

Apparently not or they wouldn't be behaving like out of control maniacs.

Couldn't they just watch some of her talks or interviews on youtube? Have you ever heard of this thing called the internet?

Of course students have already been exposed to Ann and her hate-filled rantings for years now. You are severely underestimating just how exposed to opposing views young adults are these days.
so when they talk to the video, will the video provide an answer? what a stupid fk. dude, you are in quicksand up to your ears.

Forum List

Back