If you are a veteran, how can you support Obama's Iran deal?

4,486 U.S. military deaths in Iraq are directly linked to the incompetence of the GOP and their flock of morons who supported them during the 2000's. If you're a veteran, how can you support the GOP?
Over 50,000 American deaths in Vietnam attributable to a war-mongering Democrat? :dunno:

Over a million enemy and civilian deaths. Started by a Democrat, ended by a Republican.
Bullshit. When Richard Nixon could have had peace he sabotaged the Paris Peace talks and the war continued with 20,000 deaths that did not have to happen.
Wow. You just managed to placate the blood of over 30,000 Americans in order to make your party appear innocuous.
:slap:

Stop while you're ahead. The facts are what they are and they are indisputable. I left my blood on the ground of that country so don't even try to create facts out of your ass.
I can respect that. But can you at least acknowledge my statements as fact?
Johnson is guilty for many deaths I really can't deny or put a coat of varnish on that. I also know that Richard Nixon didn't do anything substantive for six years when he could have.George Bush repeated this fallacy in his war and it goes on. I'll keep it condensed.

4,486 U.S. military deaths in Iraq are directly linked to the incompetence of the GOP and their flock of morons who supported them during the 2000's. If you're a veteran, how can you support the GOP?
Over 50,000 American deaths in Vietnam attributable to a war-mongering Democrat? :dunno:

Over a million enemy and civilian deaths. Started by a Democrat, ended by a Republican.
Bullshit. When Richard Nixon could have had peace he sabotaged the Paris Peace talks and the war continued with 20,000 deaths that did not have to happen.
Wow. You just managed to placate the blood of over 30,000 Americans in order to make your party appear innocuous.

Stop while you're ahead. The facts are what they are and they are indisputable. I left my blood on the ground of that country so don't even try to create facts out of your ass.
Your "facts" might be indisputable taken out of context with the whole. Every time there was a major peace protest in America the NV stopped negotiating or made unrealistic demands, the NV were constantly being urged by China not to accept American proposals. The NV used the peace talks more often to stall for time than to actually reach an accord.
The blame can be spread around but the NV generally wasn't interested in cooperating.
I missed it by 2 weeks but my dad and many of my friends bled there, Thank you for your sacrifice but your single focus of blame is not in line with all the facts.

Does that include the incompetence of the Democrats who voted for the Operation to intercede in Iraq? :dunno:
Yes. They should be ashamed. At least they've learned, unlike the majority of republicans who still wish that we'd spent another few trillion dollars, a few decades, and tens of thousands of lives mucking about in a desert wasteland full of religious lunatics.
Placate the Party. Good little Liberal. :slap:
I just hope a republican isn't elected in 2016 to placate HIS party. Let's give it another decade or 2 at least before we send thousands of our best to their deaths for no reason.

Your "facts" might be indisputable taken out of context with the whole. Every time there was a major peace protest in America the NV stopped negotiating or made unrealistic demands, the NV were constantly being urged by China not to accept American proposals. The NV used the peace talks more often to stall for time than to actually reach an accord.
The blame can be spread around but the NV generally wasn't interested in cooperating.
I missed it by 2 weeks but my dad and many of my friends bled there, Thank you for your sacrifice but your single focus of blame is not in line with all the facts.
I don't disagree that the talks were difficult. I am speaking specifically to the fall of 1968 when Nguyen Van Thieu started putting up roadblocks to a peace agreement. When Johnson was tipped off he started examining diplomatic cables and discovered the conspiracy. Long story short, Johnson lost his job and Nixon prevailed and then dragged the peace talks out six long years later.

Keeping in mind that Iran funds Hezbollah...

Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. or Against Americans

1982–1991
Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.
April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.

Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.

June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.

June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant groupHezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.

Does that include the incompetence of the Democrats who voted for the Operation to intercede in Iraq? :dunno:
Yes. They should be ashamed. At least they've learned, unlike the majority of republicans who still wish that we'd spent another few trillion dollars, a few decades, and tens of thousands of lives mucking about in a desert wasteland full of religious lunatics.
I just hope a republican isn't elected in 2016 to placate HIS party. Let's give it another decade or 2 at least before we send thousands of our best to their deaths for no reason.
Your breath is reminiscent of familial twat. :slap:

I don't disagree that the talks were difficult. I am speaking specifically to the fall of 1968 when Nguyen Van Thieu started putting up roadblocks to a peace agreement. When Johnson was tipped off he started examining diplomatic cables and discovered the conspiracy. Long story short, Johnson lost his job and Nixon prevailed and then dragged the peace talks out six long years later.
Yes, Nguyen Van Thieu did what you stated but the peace talks had just started. It wasn't just Nixon who dragged it out. Like I said the NV were most culpable for drawing out the peace talks for as long as they lasted. They didn't really start negotiating seriously until 1972 after a major falling out with the Chinese, the Chinese who had constantly urged NV to not negotiate in earnest. Even after 72 the NV continuously fell back on their recalcitrant negotiating tactics.
Of course there was a lot of posturing and back and forth on both sides but ya have to understand, mankind has been involved in this (currently) global "chess game" since we started vying with one another for and against power and control and we're all pawns.

Yours is reminiscent of a familial cock

Honestly, you do crack me up. Always have. :thup:

Too bad your mind is lost to the depths of Liberal depravity. :slap:

Yes, Nguyen Van Thieu did what you stated but the peace talks had just started. It wasn't just Nixon who dragged it out. Like I said the NV were most culpable for drawing out the peace talks for as long as they lasted. They didn't really start negotiating seriously until 1972 after a major falling out with the Chinese, the Chinese who had constantly urged NV to not negotiate in earnest. Even after 72 the NV continuously fell back on their recalcitrant negotiating tactics.
Of course there was a lot of posturing and back and forth on both sides but ya have to understand, mankind has been involved in this (currently) global "chess game" since we started vying with one another for and against power and control and we're all pawns.
I'll disagree and source the BBC The Lyndon Johnson tapes Richard Nixon s treason - BBC News George Will also independently verified these facts.

Keeping in mind that Iran funds Hezbollah...

Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. or Against Americans

1982–1991
Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.
April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.

Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.

June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.

June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant groupHezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.
And during the cold war we and the Soviets play simliar "games" all over Africa, the Middle East and the Southeast Asia. Today it's moved elsewhere and it's not about to stop.
Once we were sworn enemies of Great Britain, once Germany and Japan, the Soviet Union, China, Korea, Vietnam in the 60s and 70s, since 1979 it's been Iran and radical elements of Islamists.
While were still not all that friendly with Russia (and wary of China) we're now friends and trading partners with all the rest (including China and Russia) except Iran.

Honestly, you do crack me up. Always have. :thup:

Too bad your mind is lost to the depths of Liberal depravity. :slap:
Convince them to legalize weed already and I'll never take a political stance again :thup:

I'll disagree and source the BBC The Lyndon Johnson tapes Richard Nixon s treason - BBC News George Will also independently verified these facts.
North Vietnam s Talk-Fight Strategy and the 1968 Peace Negotiations with the United States Wilson Center

If you read through you'll see the NV had no "real" sincerity in the peace talks until the very end.

Last edited:
Also:

Diplomacy had failed, and a greatly frustrated Nixon concluded that only force could persuade Hanoi that negotiating with the United States was preferable to continuing the war. The President ordered his military commanders to mine Haiphong Harbor and to initiate a sustained air campaign in the Hanoi-Haiphong region. Beginning on December 18 and continuing for 11 days, American bombing attacked all significant military targets in the region. Even though the targets were military, the aim was psychological--to shock the North Vietnamese back to the negotiations in a frame of mind to end the war. On December 26, the North Vietnamese signaled their willingness to be agreeable and to meet in early January. After 3 more days of bombing, Nixon ended the air campaign. Nixon also believed that the bombing would remind the South Vietnamese that American air power was the most powerful weapon against the North Vietnamese, and that its continued availability was contingent upon South Vietnamese support of the agreement.
Nixon's plan worked, and in early January 1973, the Americans and North Vietnamese ironed out the last details of the settlement. All parties to the conflict, including South Vietnam, signed the final agreement in Paris on January 27. As it turned out, only America honored the cease-fire. Furthermore, the National Council of National Reconciliation and Concord was stillborn. The North wanted to destroy South Vietnam while the South wanted to defeat the Northern forces. The inevitable solution, therefore, was to fight until one side won. Military facts on the ground, not words on paper, would determine South Vietnam's future. Additionally, within 24 hours of the cease-fire coming into effect, the return of the almost 600 American prisoners began, as did the redeployment home of the remaining American and South Korean troops in South Vietnam. The January accords, titled the "Agreement on Ending the War and Restoring Peace in Vietnam," neither ended the war (except for the United States) nor restored the peace. A little over 2 years later, 30 North Vietnamese divisions conquered the South and restored peace in Vietnam. The American commitment to defend South Vietnam, described as unequivocal by Nixon and Kissinger, had been vitiated by the Watergate scandal and Nixon's subsequent resignation. By that time, the Paris Accords seemed memorable only as the vehicle on which the United States rode out of Southeast Asia.

Ending the Vietnam War

Also:

Nixon s peace with honor - The Vietnam War and Its Impact

North Vietnam s Talk-Fight Strategy and the 1968 Peace Negotiations with the United States Wilson Center

If you read through you'll see the NV had no sincerity in the peace talks until the very end.

No doubt that is true, the NV were caught between a rock and a hard place. But it doesn't discount what Americans were doing on our side and how it affected the war. What motivates talk about peace are the consequences of war and with more than a million dead they were in a tough negotiating position and only secure as the Chinese made them feel. We on the other hand were a country at odds over a peace agreement and we allowed our politicians to sink to the lowest levels to exert their will on it. Certainly the NV, Russians and Chinese knew how unpopular the war was here it may have affected their judgment, but I know that our politicians were determined to salvage what they could out of it. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle but like I said it is what it is. A chapter of history better off forgotten except for the dead.

If you read through you'll see the NV had no sincerity in the peace talks until the very end.

No doubt that is true, the NV were caught between a rock and a hard place. But it doesn't discount what Americans were doing on our side and how it affected the war. What motivates talk about peace are the consequences of war and with more than a million dead they were in a tough negotiating position and only secure as the Chinese made them feel. We on the other hand were a country at odds over a peace agreement and we allowed our politicians to sink to the lowest levels to exert their will on it. Certainly the NV, Russians and Chinese knew how unpopular the war was here it may have affected their judgment, but I know that our politicians were determined to salvage what they could out of it. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle but like I said it is what it is. A chapter of history better off forgotten except for the dead.
Everything is nearly always 20/20 in retrospect.........

Tell that to these guys:

Report 28 Percent of VA Enrollee Backlog Already Dead Military.com

Everything is nearly always 20/20 in retrospect.........
Very true, I guess that's why I love history it helps sort out the details that I sometimes let get in the way.

Tell that to these guys:

Report 28 Percent of VA Enrollee Backlog Already Dead Military.com
Richard Nixon didn't have anything to do with that. Are you here to contribute or are you hear to confuse the dialog?

Forum List

Back