If you are HONEST, you are AGNOSTIC

True but since the change is not permanent the change is lost eventually and can not effect evolution.
Clearly it is not always lost and can affect evolution. Youre not going to say something wrong about this, and then put words in just the right order to make it right.
Where is the clear evidence that epigenetic expressions are not lost?

An expressed gene is the same gene in the parent, just turned on or off.

This might be permanent and further study is warranted, study that is being suppressed because this overturns random mutation as the only force for change

Tell us then, how does a parent mutate their own somatic cells to influence their offspring?
There are a few possibilities. Have you bothered to look it up, instead of being proudly ignorant? See: NIH
Actually there are as many possibilities as there are people to ponder them...………………..

With no answer
Thats right, no answer from me. Look it up yourself.
You did look it up and it's not there...……………………………

The atheist don't want to know

it's a mistake to place Agnostic on the same side as Atheist.
No. All agnostics are atheists, as they do not accept a belief in gods. One who asserts there is no god is a special case of atheist, a "gnostic atheist".
No an Agnostic simply acknowledges the fact that man cannot prove existence or non-existence of a God being. Atheist actual think they have proof of his non-existence.

Me I think maybe every living thing, including grass, has a soul. Different Souls different strengths. What would you call all them there souls should they raise up and become one. Can't prove that either.

Hey that could be a movie. Take everyone's DNA and mush it together to create the one.

No. All agnostics are atheists, as they do not accept a belief in gods. One who asserts there is no god is a special case of atheist, a "gnostic atheist".
No an Agnostic simply acknowledges the fact that man cannot prove existence or non-existence of a God being. Atheist actual think they have proof of his non-existence.

Me I think maybe every living thing, including grass, has a soul. Different Souls different strengths. What would you call all them there souls should they raise up and become one. Can't prove that either.

Hey that could be a movie. Take everyone's DNA and mush it together to create the one.
Agnosy is nonsense, nothing can or could be proved until it was proved.

1. The sound barrier can't be exceeded...……………...so do not try
2. Man can not reach the moon or mars, so don't try
3. Cancer can't be cured, so do not try

Agnosy is brain death, enjoy the rest of your dead helpless life

God has not been proven to exist yet. And also hasn't been proven to not exist either. It's just simple facts. Agnosticism is logical.

God has not been proven to exist yet. And also hasn't been proven to not exist either. It's just simple facts. Agnosticism is logical.
Only if you believe something can come from nothing, and to believe that you must reject all logic and science

Quite true. Now if only logic and human were compatible terms.

Only if you believe something can come from nothing, and to believe that you must reject all logic and science
I don't believe something can come from nothing has ever been proven.
I will also accept any scientific proof for god. Logic, well, that's not real proof. I don't reject logic, but for proving god, an extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof.

No an Agnostic simply acknowledges the fact that man cannot prove existence or non-existence of a God being.
I don't think that's accurate. People can beloeve in things and still acknowledge that they cannot be proven. Thats what faith is. If that thing is god, then one is a theist.

An agnostoc does not accept belief in gods. That makes an agnostic an atheist, by default, if one defones atheist as "one who does not accept belief in gods".

No an Agnostic simply acknowledges the fact that man cannot prove existence or non-existence of a God being.
I don't think that's accurate. People can beloeve in things and still acknowledge that they cannot be proven. Thats what faith is. If that thing is god, then one is a theist.

An agnostoc does not accept belief in gods. That makes an agnostic an atheist, by default, if one defones atheist as "one who does not accept belief in gods".

Disagree.
Definition of agnostic. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (such as God) is unknown and probably unknowable broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god.

Agnosticism just holds that we don't know and probably won't know. It does not eschew belief, just accepts that belief can be wrong.

one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god.
Precisely what I said. One who does not accept a belief in gods. You would not be correct to say they "may believe in gods, but just acknowledge that belief may be wrong". That would be theism, regardless of their confidence.

You can also google definitions of atheist to find that same definition and see the 100% overlap, concerning that condition.

Now, google "agnostic atheist" and "Gnostic atheist". These are much more precise, working terms. "Gnostic atheist" is the special case. Therefore, no need to even use the modifier "agnostic" in front of "atheist". All agnostics are atheists, but they are not "gnostic atheists". Just as you would not call a rectangle a "non-square rectangle". You only need to identify the special case of a "square rectangle".

Or, you don't call triangles, "non-equilateral triangles", you just call them "triangles". When you want to identify the special case, you then call them "equilateral triangles".

So, really, we only have two types: theists and atheists.

Last edited:
one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god.
Precisely what I said. One who does not accept a belief in gods. You are not correct to say they "may believe in gods, but just acknowledge that belief may be wrong". That would be theism, regardless of their confidence.

You can also google definitions of atheist to find that same definition and see the 100% overlap, concerning that condition.

Now, google "agnostic atheist" and "Gnostic atheist". These are much more precise, working terms. "Gnostic atheist" is the special case. Therefore, no need to even use the modifier "agnostic" in front of "atheist". All agnostics are atheists, but they are not "gnostic atheists". Just as you would not call a rectangle a "non-square rectangle". You only need to identify the special case of a "square rectangle".

Or, you don't call triangles, "non-equilateral triangles", you just call them "triangles". When you want to identify the special case, you then call them "equilateral triangles".

So, really, we only have two types: theists and atheists.

No. I know atheists who are very committed to their belief there is no god. I know theists who readily agree they have no clue if there is or is not. The former is not an agnostic and the latter is.

I know atheists who are very committed to their belief there is no god.
Yes, I covered that. They are, "Gnostic atheists".

I know theists who readily agree they have no clue if there is or is not.
No you don't. A theist believes there are gods. They either believe this, or they do not. It's not complicated.

If they believe in gods, they are theists. If they don't, they are atheists. Again, not complicated.

So did DNA come first or did life come first,
I dont know. Define "life". Good luck. It's hard to do.

Guess what? You don't know, either.
Not really.

https://assets.cambridge.org/97805216/80547/excerpt/9780521680547_excerpt.pdf

Characteristics of living things There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things. These are the seven characteristics of living organisms.

1 Nutrition Living things take in materials from their surroundings that they use for growth or to provide energy. Nutrition is the process by which organisms obtain energy and raw materials from nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

2 Respiration Respiration is the release of energy from food substances in all living cells. Living things break down food within their cells to release energy for carrying out the following processes.

3 Movement All living things move. It is very obvious that a leopard moves but what about the thorn tree it sits in? Plants too move in various different ways. The movement may be so slow that it is very difficult to see.

4 Excretion All living things excrete. As a result of the many chemical reactions occurring in cells, they have to get rid of waste products which might poison the cells. Excretion is defined as the removal of toxic materials, the waste products of metabolism and substances in excess from the body of an organism.

5 Growth Growth is seen in all living things. It involves using food to produce new cells. The permanent increase in cell number and size is called growth.

6 Reproduction All living organisms have the ability to produce offspring.

7 Sensitivity All living things are able to sense and respond to stimuli around them such as light, temperature, water, gravity and chemical substances.
Ding, you responded to a comment taken out of context. I wasn't saying "you dont know, either" to the "definition of life".
You said it is hard to define life, right?

It's not that hard. Living organisms have very definite and specific attributes that sets them apart from non-living things.

So did DNA come first or did life come first,
I dont know. Define "life". Good luck. It's hard to do.

Guess what? You don't know, either.
Not really.

https://assets.cambridge.org/97805216/80547/excerpt/9780521680547_excerpt.pdf

Characteristics of living things There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things. These are the seven characteristics of living organisms.

1 Nutrition Living things take in materials from their surroundings that they use for growth or to provide energy. Nutrition is the process by which organisms obtain energy and raw materials from nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

2 Respiration Respiration is the release of energy from food substances in all living cells. Living things break down food within their cells to release energy for carrying out the following processes.

3 Movement All living things move. It is very obvious that a leopard moves but what about the thorn tree it sits in? Plants too move in various different ways. The movement may be so slow that it is very difficult to see.

4 Excretion All living things excrete. As a result of the many chemical reactions occurring in cells, they have to get rid of waste products which might poison the cells. Excretion is defined as the removal of toxic materials, the waste products of metabolism and substances in excess from the body of an organism.

5 Growth Growth is seen in all living things. It involves using food to produce new cells. The permanent increase in cell number and size is called growth.

6 Reproduction All living organisms have the ability to produce offspring.

7 Sensitivity All living things are able to sense and respond to stimuli around them such as light, temperature, water, gravity and chemical substances.
Ding, you responded to a comment taken out of context. I wasn't saying "you dont know, either" to the "definition of life".
And you still know nothing, either of you
I know that there have been 5 distinct evolutionary phases since the universe was created from nothing.

Cosmic evolution
Stellar evolution
Chemical evolution
Biological evolution
and evolution of consciousness

And I know that there are seven specific attributes that sets living organisms apart from non-living things.

Forum List

Back