If you are HONEST, you are AGNOSTIC

So did DNA come first or did life come first,
I dont know. Define "life". Good luck. It's hard to do.

Guess what? You don't know, either.
Not really.

https://assets.cambridge.org/97805216/80547/excerpt/9780521680547_excerpt.pdf

Characteristics of living things There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things. These are the seven characteristics of living organisms.

1 Nutrition Living things take in materials from their surroundings that they use for growth or to provide energy. Nutrition is the process by which organisms obtain energy and raw materials from nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

2 Respiration Respiration is the release of energy from food substances in all living cells. Living things break down food within their cells to release energy for carrying out the following processes.

3 Movement All living things move. It is very obvious that a leopard moves but what about the thorn tree it sits in? Plants too move in various different ways. The movement may be so slow that it is very difficult to see.

4 Excretion All living things excrete. As a result of the many chemical reactions occurring in cells, they have to get rid of waste products which might poison the cells. Excretion is defined as the removal of toxic materials, the waste products of metabolism and substances in excess from the body of an organism.

5 Growth Growth is seen in all living things. It involves using food to produce new cells. The permanent increase in cell number and size is called growth.

6 Reproduction All living organisms have the ability to produce offspring.

7 Sensitivity All living things are able to sense and respond to stimuli around them such as light, temperature, water, gravity and chemical substances.
Define "life". Good luck. It's hard to do.

Not really.

There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things.

Biology is the study of living things. It deals with what all living things can do, how they do it and why they do it. In biology, there is always a relationship between the structure of an organism, its function, and its adaptation to its function or environment.

odd use of the word things ...

physiology is a metaphysical substance (of "things") that disappears when its spiritual content is removed -

the periodic table is all things in the universe ...

View attachment 271476

ergo:

everything in the universe is alive.
No. Everything in the universe is not living. You are confusing evolving for living. The universe is complexifying. It is the nature of the universe to complexify and create increasingly complex things.

it's a mistake to place Agnostic on the same side as Atheist.
No. All agnostics are atheists, as they do not accept a belief in gods. One who asserts there is no god is a special case of atheist, a "gnostic atheist".
No an Agnostic simply acknowledges the fact that man cannot prove existence or non-existence of a God being. Atheist actual think they have proof of his non-existence.

Me I think maybe every living thing, including grass, has a soul. Different Souls different strengths. What would you call all them there souls should they raise up and become one. Can't prove that either.

Hey that could be a movie. Take everyone's DNA and mush it together to create the one.
Agnosy is nonsense, nothing can or could be proved until it was proved.

1. The sound barrier can't be exceeded...……………...so do not try
2. Man can not reach the moon or mars, so don't try
3. Cancer can't be cured, so do not try

Agnosy is brain death, enjoy the rest of your dead helpless life
God has not been proven to exist yet. And also hasn't been proven to not exist either. It's just simple facts. Agnosticism is logical.
Only if you believe something can come from nothing, and to believe that you must reject all logic and science
Only if you believe something can come from nothing, and to believe that you must reject all logic and science

since that is not the present condition would prove from nothing if such a state exists is only temporary in a cyclical universe.

Not really.

Characteristics of living things There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things. These are the seven characteristics of living organisms.

1 Nutrition Living things take in materials from their surroundings that they use for growth or to provide energy. Nutrition is the process by which organisms obtain energy and raw materials from nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

2 Respiration Respiration is the release of energy from food substances in all living cells. Living things break down food within their cells to release energy for carrying out the following processes.

3 Movement All living things move. It is very obvious that a leopard moves but what about the thorn tree it sits in? Plants too move in various different ways. The movement may be so slow that it is very difficult to see.

4 Excretion All living things excrete. As a result of the many chemical reactions occurring in cells, they have to get rid of waste products which might poison the cells. Excretion is defined as the removal of toxic materials, the waste products of metabolism and substances in excess from the body of an organism.

5 Growth Growth is seen in all living things. It involves using food to produce new cells. The permanent increase in cell number and size is called growth.

7 Sensitivity All living things are able to sense and respond to stimuli around them such as light, temperature, water, gravity and chemical substances.

Not really.

There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things.

Biology is the study of living things. It deals with what all living things can do, how they do it and why they do it. In biology, there is always a relationship between the structure of an organism, its function, and its adaptation to its function or environment.

physiology is a metaphysical substance (of "things") that disappears when its spiritual content is removed -

View attachment 271476

ergo:

No. Everything in the universe is not living. You are confusing evolving for living. The universe is complexifying. It is the nature of the universe to complexify and create increasingly complex things.

everything in the universe is composed of the elements of the periodic table ...

upload_2019-7-28_11-57-18.png

the elements by their motion makes them alive - everything in the universe is alive ... the rest I agree with.

physiology, what people refer to as living is a metaphysical substance that disappears when its spiritual content is removed, no more definable than the elements used to create it what you are referring to as life is spiritual.

Not really.

Not really.

View attachment 271476

ergo:

everything in the universe is composed of the elements of the periodic table ...

View attachment 271580

the elements by their motion makes them alive - everything in the universe is alive ... the rest I agree with.

physiology, what people refer to as living is a metaphysical substance that disappears when its spiritual content is removed, no more definable than the elements used to create it what you are referring to as life is spiritual.

It is not known that the Universe is composed of the elements that are on Earths periodic table. Being that the Earth is but a fraction of a trillionth to the trillionth power to another trillionth of the Universe that statement is illogical, there are more elements logic determines this

No. All agnostics are atheists, as they do not accept a belief in gods. One who asserts there is no god is a special case of atheist, a "gnostic atheist".
No an Agnostic simply acknowledges the fact that man cannot prove existence or non-existence of a God being. Atheist actual think they have proof of his non-existence.

Me I think maybe every living thing, including grass, has a soul. Different Souls different strengths. What would you call all them there souls should they raise up and become one. Can't prove that either.

Hey that could be a movie. Take everyone's DNA and mush it together to create the one.
Agnosy is nonsense, nothing can or could be proved until it was proved.

1. The sound barrier can't be exceeded...……………...so do not try
2. Man can not reach the moon or mars, so don't try
3. Cancer can't be cured, so do not try

Agnosy is brain death, enjoy the rest of your dead helpless life
God has not been proven to exist yet. And also hasn't been proven to not exist either. It's just simple facts. Agnosticism is logical.

since that is not the present condition would prove from nothing if such a state exists is only temporary in a cyclical universe.
The cyclical universe is the reason that life must spread to continue to exist, as such and with 8 billion years before the Earth there was plenty of time for development and colonization. We do it now because it is a necessity, it always was. Since our Sun still has billions of years before it consumes the Earth, we as they know that we must leave. The travel to exist is the creation of the next World. Once it was far to cross an ocean, now it can be done in minutes...………………..

Dream of a better place, then make it

Not really.

Ding, you responded to a comment taken out of context. I wasn't saying "you dont know, either" to the "definition of life".
And you still know nothing, either of you
I know that there have been 5 distinct evolutionary phases since the universe was created from nothing.

Cosmic evolution
Stellar evolution
Chemical evolution
Biological evolution
and evolution of consciousness

And I know that there are seven specific attributes that sets living organisms apart from non-living things.

And you are then claiming that God was unconscious when he created consciousness, all the other processes that you mentioned are still happening. Also the Cosmos and or stars could not evolve without chemicals, could they kiddypoo

https://www.abilifymaintena.com/sch...lone&msclkid=22d412f2cb341405b07d4fcf1e18e2db

I know atheists who are very committed to their belief there is no god.
Yes, I covered that. They are, "Gnostic atheists".

I know theists who readily agree they have no clue if there is or is not.
No you don't. A theist believes there are gods. They either believe this, or they do not. It's not complicated.

If they believe in gods, they are theists. If they don't, they are atheists. Again, not complicated.

You are confusing belief and knowledge. An agnostic admits they do not know, it doesn't mean they do not believe.

You said it is hard to define life, right?
Correct. Because it is. It's easy to google for A definition you never read and don't understand. Nobody disputes that. But that is one definition of many. There is no absolute standard. Sorry ding, your ability to copy paste does not win the day this time.

You are confusing belief and knowledge.
No, I am not. I am saying that is an unimportant distinction. Neither of us is confused. We simply dont agree on the semantics.

If you believe there are gods, you are a theist. If you don't, you are an atheist. This is a better, more clear standard.

No, I am not. I am saying that is an unimportant distinction. Neither of us is confused. We simply dont agree on the semantics.

If you believe there are gods, you are a theist. If you don't, you are an atheist. This is a better, more clear standard.
So people who believe in Unicorns are ok in your sicko mind

Sure. Just as okay as people who believe in magical sky daddy designers. Thoughts are not crimes.

Sure. Just as okay as people who believe in magical sky daddy designers. Thoughts are not crimes.
Is it really harder to believe that God wrote DNA than it is for hundreds of thousands of lines of code for a one celled organism wrote themselves in exactly the right way, in a magical pond...……………

It's mathematically impossible

Is it really harder to believe that God wrote DNA than it is for hundreds of thousands of lines of code for a one celled organism wrote themselves in exactly the right way, in a magical pond...……………
Youre confused. All of this may very well be God's design. But God's design includes abiogenesis. Of that we can be sure. And evolution.

Youre confused. All of this may very well be God's design. But God's design includes abiogenesis. Of that we can be sure. And evolution.
Why do you believe that the most complicated known code in the Universe formed itself? DNA in the simplest known form creating itself from nothing is mathematically impossible, but you are correct evolution is a function of the DNA that God made because it can continue to better itself while God is in another galaxy...……………...

Why do you believe that the most complicated known code in the Universe formed itself?
"Formed itself"

Ignoring this stupid phrasing, I will tell you that i believe it formed gradually, over 100s of millions of years and trillions of trillions of chemical reactions, by selection by physical forces.

Why do i bekieve that? Because there is no reasonto believe anything in our universe happened any other way, besides selection by physical forces. And everything we have ever observed agrees with this. I also would not postulate magic to explain star formation, or volcano formation.

Not really.

Not really.

View attachment 271476

ergo:

View attachment 271580

Motion does not make inanimate objects alive.

You said it is hard to define life, right?
Correct. Because it is. It's easy to google for A definition you never read and don't understand. Nobody disputes that. But that is one definition of many. There is no absolute standard. Sorry ding, your ability to copy paste does not win the day this time.
Is it hard to tell the difference between a living organism and inanimate matter? No. So it's not hard to define the difference between the two.

Abiogenesis needs no God, life just magically creates itself in your mind

I accept your statement of the difference between an atheist and a theist, but that does not make an agnostic either.

However, the difference between belief and knowledge is not unimportant. Belief is an assumption driven by emotions. Knowledge is a conclusion based upon fact.

Forum List

Back