🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Can Help

Itty is not there. But thank you for the link. I still think she is alive and maybe at a nearby neighbors house that did not burn.

Meanwhile...just to let folks know just how fucked up this fire is and what MANY of us are now finding out is.....30K people are now looking for new doctors. Feather River Adventist Hospital and Health Centers are now closed. Burned. They are trying to set up new clinics but none will be ready until August of 2019. Meanwhile....30K of us are now searching desperately for new docs. NO DOCTORS in Marysville OR Yuba City OR Chico are accepting "new patients". After numerous calls this morning to many different cities in many different counties..I finally found a place in Gridley that will see us as new patients. Gridley is 26 minutes northwest of us, but at least its a doctor willing to be our new primary care physician. All the places I called that said "no, sorry" said the same thing: "So sorry. All doctors here are now swamped. Thousands of people are now needing help and we don't have the resources". If I knew how to report this to the news..I would. Not only did the town burn down and displaced so many people...all those folks had/have to find new lodgings (very hard to do) AND new doctors. New Dentists. New everything. And the resources just aren't there, no matter how much money insurance or FEMA gives people....the doctors are just overwhelmed. This, in the USA. This, where people are still struggling.

Hell....east is starting to look good again.

God...that is just so unreal. I never think of those things after a disaster, these are things people should know about - maybe write a letter to the editor? What happens with all your medical records - are they gone?

Thinking of you a lot Gracie...hang in there :smiliehug:
The good thing about Adventist Health is....all records are on their servers. Every client of theirs has a way to log in, see notes left by docs, what was done during whatever visit, what blood tests showed...everything! And now that we finally got appts for the new doctors here in Yuba City...Adventist Health no less!...they have ALL our records!!

But, I don't know about those that didn't go to Feather River Adventist Health. HOpefully theirs are on the internet too.

Itty is not there. But thank you for the link. I still think she is alive and maybe at a nearby neighbors house that did not burn.

Meanwhile...just to let folks know just how fucked up this fire is and what MANY of us are now finding out is.....30K people are now looking for new doctors. Feather River Adventist Hospital and Health Centers are now closed. Burned. They are trying to set up new clinics but none will be ready until August of 2019. Meanwhile....30K of us are now searching desperately for new docs. NO DOCTORS in Marysville OR Yuba City OR Chico are accepting "new patients". After numerous calls this morning to many different cities in many different counties..I finally found a place in Gridley that will see us as new patients. Gridley is 26 minutes northwest of us, but at least its a doctor willing to be our new primary care physician. All the places I called that said "no, sorry" said the same thing: "So sorry. All doctors here are now swamped. Thousands of people are now needing help and we don't have the resources". If I knew how to report this to the news..I would. Not only did the town burn down and displaced so many people...all those folks had/have to find new lodgings (very hard to do) AND new doctors. New Dentists. New everything. And the resources just aren't there, no matter how much money insurance or FEMA gives people....the doctors are just overwhelmed. This, in the USA. This, where people are still struggling.

God...that is just so unreal. I never think of those things after a disaster, these are things people should know about - maybe write a letter to the editor? What happens with all your medical records - are they gone?

The good thing about Adventist Health is....all records are on their servers. Every client of theirs has a way to log in, see notes left by docs, what was done during whatever visit, what blood tests showed...everything! And now that we finally got appts for the new doctors here in Yuba City...Adventist Health no less!...they have ALL our records!!

But, I don't know about those that didn't go to Feather River Adventist Health. HOpefully theirs are on the internet too.

I hope so...especially with so many in the affected areas being seniors :(

Under the ACA (Affordable Care Act) all medical records were supposed to be digitized by 2015, EHRs (Electronic Health Records). There were problems with the first programs (EMRs) designed for this so the deadline was extended, not sure if every practice/clinic has fully complied by this date.

Well...I just found out that if I find Itty...I can't bring her to the duplex. Anne's sister owns it...and said Anne's 2 cats, 2 chickens and the dog are fine. But I cannot bring Itty.

This is kinda pissing me off. Well..not kinda. Its pissing me off period. But...as I have stated before..things change. Presuming I even find Itty, if they think I will leave her there in burned up Paradise, they are wacko. They also told us we cannot park in the street. The pUBLIC street, because the other side of use tenants claim that section as their own. Um. Its a PUBLIC STREET. And I said so. They made it known its a month to month and if I park there..well......

Anne agreed with them. So no help there. Fine. I am currently figuring out a plan B again.

And...after speaking with Anne yesterday...and painting both bedrooms, cleaning the fridge and oven, and doing other maintenance needed before moving in....it looks like we will be paying MORE rent in the duplex with less space. This is not acceptable. We have funds now but its not to go to Annes sister for less than what we were originaly paying. Once the money is gone..then what??? No, no no. This is not going to work.

I slept bad last night. Things are changing again. Sigh.

Hi Gracie,

Thank you for letting us all know how you are doing. You're going through a nightmare, and your feelings are perfectly understandable. You are a very strong woman - I admire your spirit and hope life improves for you and Mr. G very very soon.

Bless you,

boe

And...after speaking with Anne yesterday...and painting both bedrooms, cleaning the fridge and oven, and doing other maintenance needed before moving in....it looks like we will be paying MORE rent in the duplex with less space. This is not acceptable. We have funds now but its not to go to Annes sister for less than what we were originaly paying. Once the money is gone..then what??? No, no no. This is not going to work.

I slept bad last night. Things are changing again. Sigh.

People that go back on their word are to be avoided. Wasn't there a contract signed last week? I do not think she has a choice in what you pay. Further, unless stated in the contract, I doubt parking is enforceable in any way.

We have not signed the rental agreement yet. Anne is...flighty. Always has been. She has gone back on her word quite a few times but we have dealt with it because we really have no other choice then or now. However, I am getting burned out on this crap. Enough already.
She put the apt utilities in her name already...meanwhile, WE have to pay some of that..for the OWNER to fix it up. Why should WE have to pay that? Its not right. But..we will because we have to right now. And no..they cannot enforce the parking. But they can insist that we not park there and if we do...raise the rent since its a month to month, or Anne move out before we do and they know we cannot afford 850 a month. No...they have us between a rock and hard place. And I am not liking it one bit. It all came to a head when Annes sister said NO MORE PETS. Excuse me??? Since when? Anne has FIVE. We are on the rental agreement too..or will be. But, as owner, she can do whatever she likes.

I have been grumpy all day about this. But like I said...we don't have much power right now.

I wish we could find a small apartment for a year or so. Something we could afford. This being at the mercy of someone is not cutting it. And, if not for us...Anne would be dead. Along with her cats and dog. I don't expect miracles, but dayum....a little fairness would be nice.

I wish we could find a small apartment for a year or so. Something we could afford. This being at the mercy of someone is not cutting it. And, if not for us...Anne would be dead. Along with her cats and dog. I don't expect miracles, but dayum....a little fairness would be nice.
Gracie, are you sure you're being loud enough about your pending low income housing unit -- now that you are homeless, you should move to the top of the list. Threaten to write to the paper about it. I got a kid without the right insurance coverage into counseling by using that threat---miraculously, within two hours I got a call from the supervisor saying they'd found a way to accept him....lol.

Gracie, are you sure you're being loud enough about your pending low income housing unit -- now that you are homeless, you should move to the top of the list. Threaten to write to the paper about it. I got a kid without the right insurance coverage into counseling by using that threat---miraculously, within two hours I got a call from the supervisor saying they'd found a way to accept him....lol.
I've been waiting so long..I don't want to piss them off and they accidentally (cough cough) lose our application like the one in Chico dod.

We are now number 21 on the list. I will wait.

Meanwhile...Anne seems to be almost back to her usual self. I think. I just never know with her sometimes. Very eccentric. But, she relies on us and we rely on her right now so we HAVE to make this work.
MrG and I splurged yesterday on some brand new pillows. No thrift store head resters for us! I want mine on a brand new one and so did he. But, I did get some blankets at Goodwill, and ethernet cable (my pc does not have wifi although the laptop does) for a buck at a dog rescue thrift shop, and some new pillow cases still in the package. Today I am going to look for a table top fan. MrG is burning me out of this motel room. He is always cold. I am always burning up. I used to call it Power Surging but now I call it Short Circuiting. :lol:

I am hoping we are allowed back in to Paradise this weekend. Concow is now open to residents, as is Magalia and a lot of Paradise...but not in upper Paradise where our house was. The lobby downstairs...every night...if full of 25 or more very tired road workers that are staying here but working in Paradise. I asked one yesterday how it was going and he said slow...but soon the area I mentioned to him will be cleared of burned cars, lines and trees and debris on the road and to be really prepared befcause SOON can be really SOON. I hope.

I still plan to look for IttyBit, regardless of Anne's sisters demands of NO MORE PETS. I am on that rental agreement too..or will be on Monday. She has FIVE pets. Mine is still an unknown on whether she even survived. But if she did...and I find her....she is coming with ME. Even if I have to board her somewhere until I can figure out what to do for all of us. Our old vet is now in his RV, traveling from Chico to Oroville. Maybe he can assist in finding her a temporary foster home. I am looking for other places to live but it might take awhile, so...IF.....(lots of IFs).

Wow. I am more insecure than I thought. Anne called..said "I just wanted to hear your voice". It made me ashamed of myself for being so wishy washy. But then she wished and washed too and we both apologized to each other for being so wishywashy, lol. Finally, I said that we all have been thru hell...literally and physically...and of course our minds went along with our bodies and we should just stop doubting each other and focus on whats ahead. She agreed. :)

So...MrG and I are going to go shopping today for a few things. Anne wants to go get the two chickens and one of the cats next week and move in day is tentatively this Monday. Lots to do from now to then. Just wanted to catch y'all up that I am now over my usual down and am climbing back up. And so is Anne. MrG is hanging in there and letting us women do all the worrying, lol. At least he has not had a panic attack for some time now. Whew!

Wow. I am more insecure than I thought. Anne called..said "I just wanted to hear your voice". It made me ashamed of myself for being so wishy washy. But then she wished and washed too and we both apologized to each other for being so wishywashy, lol. Finally, I said that we all have been thru hell...literally and physically...and of course our minds went along with our bodies and we should just stop doubting each other and focus on whats ahead. She agreed. :)

So...MrG and I are going to go shopping today for a few things. Anne wants to go get the two chickens and one of the cats next week and move in day is tentatively this Monday. Lots to do from now to then. Just wanted to catch y'all up that I am now over my usual down and am climbing back up. And so is Anne. MrG is hanging in there and letting us women do all the worrying, lol. At least he has not had a panic attack for some time now. Whew!

While you're out shopping Gracie, get yerself a bottle of Wild Turkey. It'll calm ye.

While you're out shopping Gracie, get yerself a bottle of Wild Turkey. It'll calm ye.
I just might do that. But I am thinking of something smooth..and potent. Brandy? Seems everyone wants a brandy after a hard day. Or like Frasier...Sherry?

MrG and I got a buttload of stuff...all from thrift stores! Cooking utensils, cookward, MrG a nice gray/black quilt, me a nice boho rust color quilt,, knives, forks, spoons, a jar to put the cooking utensils in, two knick knacks just cuz I thought them pretty and boy do I need something pretty to gaze at, a keyboard/mouse/speakers for my desktop. Tomorrow..we hunt with Anne for beds, a power cord for the pc, a dresser, shower curtain, towels, waste baskets, drapes, etc. Gonna be a busy day tomorrow! But busy is good. Keeps me from being all insecureishwishywashy. :)

The globe Kat got me when I was diagnosed with breast cancer that she and the members of her board sent me.....its probably destroyed. :(

The globe Kat got me when I was diagnosed with breast cancer that she and the members of her board sent me.....its probably destroyed. :(

:( You know it is. You may get a replacement, but I need an address. ;)

Forum List

Back