🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Can Help

Good morning folks. Just wanted to let y'all know that the last of the deposits to my account from the GFM has now been withdrawn/used or will be used as days pass by. :)

Again...MrG and I thank you ALL. If not for you, we would have been destitute and struggling harder. But..we are ok now or will be soon. May God bless each and every one of you for your kindness and assistance!!!
Much love

Gracie and MrG

My boyfriend said that the Salvation Army was one of the most helpful charity groups to his Mother. The Salvation Army people had a place where stores had donated new items and they let her take a shopping cart and get shoes, jacket, blanket, pillows, socks, all new and food items and dishes. WOW! She's a widow in her 80's and her house with everything in it burned down so to get that kind of help made her cry.

Salvation Army is Awesome!

I don’t care about members knowing how much I donated. I do care about my real name being available to some mods.

It won't be. I promise. Just click anonymous, or hide, and your name and info, other than the amount you donate is not available. I just tried to see ones at random, and I could not. Nothing. Nada.
I’m seeing a message that says “Hide name and comment from everyone but the organizer and team”.

That’s the part I’m having a problem with.

I can't see anything. Do this. Don't put in a name at all. OR do like I did and put in initials. I had no problem by not giving my name, and then donating.
I tried that.

Using your real name in the top boxes will NOT appear in the Donation list. If you check the "hide your name" box it will be marked anonymous. It's only there to let the page organizers know who to go after for contributions.

Might only be used to verify your credit card. That's how I did it.

Well, I guess anyone who really wants to can find out my real name now.

It won't be. I promise. Just click anonymous, or hide, and your name and info, other than the amount you donate is not available. I just tried to see ones at random, and I could not. Nothing. Nada.
I’m seeing a message that says “Hide name and comment from everyone but the organizer and team”.

I can't see anything. Do this. Don't put in a name at all. OR do like I did and put in initials. I had no problem by not giving my name, and then donating.
I tried that.

Using your real name in the top boxes will NOT appear in the Donation list. If you check the "hide your name" box it will be marked anonymous. It's only there to let the page organizers know who to go after for contributions.

No only the organizer can see a name and that's only the name a person gives. For instance, I donated as Drifter420 and gave a name Michelle. The organizer gets an email that so no so made a donation would you like to thank them? There is a "Thank You" button the organizer can push. It does not show email, bank info or real name if person didn't use real name. The team can give hearts to people who make a post at the GFM site but I don't think they get the email with the Tank You button only the organzer does. So if you used a real name only the one person who is the organizer would know it. Kat is this correct ?

I tried that.

No only the organizer can see a name and that's only the name a person gives. For instance, I donated as Drifter420 and gave a name Michelle. The organizer gets an email that so no so made a donation would you like to thank them? There is a "Thank You" button the organizer can push. It does not show email, bank info or real name if person didn't use real name. The team can give hearts to people who make a post at the GFM site but I don't think they get the email with the Tank You button only the organzer does. So if you used a real name only the one person who is the organizer would know it. Kat is this correct ?

Yes.

I tried that.

Correct. I donated as Foxfyre and I guess the GoFundMe folks have the name on my credit card but I didn't use my name in any other way. The person setting up the fund is exposed because of the goodness of her heart in setting up the fund, but nobody else is vulnerable in that way if you do not wish to use your real name.

gracie it may not be much but every bit helps

46137503_2253256368026016_1858979579352317952_n.jpg

Newest update:

We are now set with new medical coverage for health needs. Same folks that covered us in Paraide but now we need to find new docs, which is in the works today. I am in dire need of my very past mamm that is needed every year, so I plan to be setting all this up this week hopefully. Kinda hard to do with sending everything to the duplex that has a mail lock box on the front door that we don't have a key for yet. But...its all in the works, I am happy to say.

I also got a pleasant surprise when I checked my bank account. SS already paid me my monthly "salary yesterday...a whole day early...and FEMA deposited 1000 bucks in there too. Not sure what it is for. Probably the basics needed to survive. Which is good, because it looks like we have to stay in this motel until the 12th. The duplex still has to be painted, THEN the new flooring put in. And the ex tenants still have stuff in there. So...its moving along very slowly. But6..at least its a place that will eventually be our new roof.

For christmas, I invited my friend Denise to come stay with us for a few days. Anne will be going to her sisters for the holiday and she is friends with Denise too...so MrG and I will not be alone Christmas day after all. Poor Denisse is having a rought time, what with her sister and nephew dying in the fire and losing her house too. :(

Paradisians are determined to rebuild and I wish them all the luck in the world to do it now that most of the trees have been burned and there is room to rebuild!! They did a pretty bad job all these years in maintaining that town the way it was, all for naught. It was a disaster waiting to happen. Now that it has, maybe it will be rebuilt to better and safer codes and actually be enforced. Not sure what Anne is going to do...probably NOT rebuild. I think she will find a home to buy near Lincoln. Whether we go with her or not IF she does, remains to be seen. I just wish they would allow us back in to salvage. So far...no luck. They said maybe next week and only for a few hours. Thats good enough for me. I want to see if anything survived, and look for IttyBit while I am at it. Then I can walk away and never look back although I will miss the town now that I realize just how much I DID like it before I lost it.

Salvation Army has not been much of help to us. Every place we call to get help...there is no answer or the person at that store has no clue who to call...or gives us a number to call and there is no response on the other end. Just continual ringing with no pick up at all. Goodwill gave us help, though. We each got 50 bucks the day after our escape. And St Vinvents De Paul church gave us two gas cards valued at 50.00 each, plus another 50 dollar card for general purposes.
MrG and I feel weird now asking for help because we got it from you guys. We feel if we take too much, it takes away from soemone else worse off than we are. So for now, we are doing ok. I did send the GFM to a friend and she tweeted it, so it is still active, but we are thankful for what we already received although are still grateful for whatever comes in even now.

Rent still has to be paid once we get in the duplex, a deposit, turning on the utilities, getting furniture, pots, pans, drapes, food, gas to see the docs, towels, utensils, etc. When we escaped...it was just us. Now we get to start all over again so I plan on hitting a lot of thrift shops to get what is needed. Anne is buying the beds but I have to get one just for me which is fine. I plan to get a twin top mattreess...no box spring...so I can tip it up agains the wall during the day, flip it down at night. Gives us all more room in that tiny apt. Oh, which reminds me...sheets, pillows and blankets are needed too. Does it ever end, I wonder? Yes. It will. Eventually. :)

Me too! I am hoping she is as strong as Hector and shows up ready to bite me then ask where the hell I've been.:D

Wow Drifter. I have not seen 60 Minutes, but yeah...that scene of cars sitting with fires on either side and not able to move? Yup. That was us too. Fire behind us, in front of us, on each side of us. We were very very lucky to make it out of there alive. I think I am still kind of nunb about the whole thing. I also think that maybe we all are going to be suffering some PTSD eventually if not sooner rather than later. I think Denise is already beginning the signs of it. She sounds awful when I speak to her on the cell. Flighty, nervous, confused. rambling then crying then laughing then saying she has nobody that understands although she knows I do. And I might be on the edges of it myself. I have no desires to buy anything except the bare essentials...no decor, no replacing anything dear to me to replace, I jump a lot at a door slam, my nose is always sniffing for smoke even though none is there and I kinda freak out asking people if they smell it too, I sleep awful and never get a solid night..I am always waking up..then looking out the window for smoke or fire or a red haze. MrG is still having his panic attacks too. We are secure fund wise..and roof wise...but not so secure in our minds, ya know?

Wow Drifter. I have not seen 60 Minutes, but yeah...that scene of cars sitting with fires on either side and not able to move? Yup. That was us too. Fire behind us, in front of us, on each side of us. We were very very lucky to make it out of there alive. I think I am still kind of nunb about the whole thing. I also think that maybe we all are going to be suffering some PTSD eventually if not sooner rather than later. I think Denise is already beginning the signs of it. She sounds awful when I speak to her on the cell. Flighty, nervous, confused. rambling then crying then laughing then saying she has nobody that understands although she knows I do. And I might be on the edges of it myself. I have no desires to buy anything except the bare essentials...no decor, no replacing anything dear to me to replace, I jump a lot at a door slam, my nose is always sniffing for smoke even though none is there and I kinda freak out asking people if they smell it too, I sleep awful and never get a solid night..I am always waking up..then looking out the window for smoke or fire or a red haze. MrG is still having his panic attacks too. We are secure fund wise..and roof wise...but not so secure in our minds, ya know?

Gracie, here are a couple links to help reduce anxiety or panic attacks. From 1987 to 1994 I used these methods for anxiety attacks and I haven't had one since. You can also look up articles for relaxation techniques and breathing exercises. The best ones are the muscle tightening exercises starting from the feet to the neck. Those will reduce your heart rate sometimes by half. Once you learn how to do them you can almost automatically do them while sitting, lying down or even driving a car.

Breathing Techniques for Anxiety

Breathing Techniques for Stress Relief

Anyone reading this will benefit and it doesn't cost a cent.

Itty is not there. But thank you for the link. I still think she is alive and maybe at a nearby neighbors house that did not burn.

Meanwhile...just to let folks know just how fucked up this fire is and what MANY of us are now finding out is.....30K people are now looking for new doctors. Feather River Adventist Hospital and Health Centers are now closed. Burned. They are trying to set up new clinics but none will be ready until August of 2019. Meanwhile....30K of us are now searching desperately for new docs. NO DOCTORS in Marysville OR Yuba City OR Chico are accepting "new patients". After numerous calls this morning to many different cities in many different counties..I finally found a place in Gridley that will see us as new patients. Gridley is 26 minutes northwest of us, but at least its a doctor willing to be our new primary care physician. All the places I called that said "no, sorry" said the same thing: "So sorry. All doctors here are now swamped. Thousands of people are now needing help and we don't have the resources". If I knew how to report this to the news..I would. Not only did the town burn down and displaced so many people...all those folks had/have to find new lodgings (very hard to do) AND new doctors. New Dentists. New everything. And the resources just aren't there, no matter how much money insurance or FEMA gives people....the doctors are just overwhelmed. This, in the USA. This, where people are still struggling.

Hell....east is starting to look good again.

Itty is not there. But thank you for the link. I still think she is alive and maybe at a nearby neighbors house that did not burn.

Meanwhile...just to let folks know just how fucked up this fire is and what MANY of us are now finding out is.....30K people are now looking for new doctors. Feather River Adventist Hospital and Health Centers are now closed. Burned. They are trying to set up new clinics but none will be ready until August of 2019. Meanwhile....30K of us are now searching desperately for new docs. NO DOCTORS in Marysville OR Yuba City OR Chico are accepting "new patients". After numerous calls this morning to many different cities in many different counties..I finally found a place in Gridley that will see us as new patients. Gridley is 26 minutes northwest of us, but at least its a doctor willing to be our new primary care physician. All the places I called that said "no, sorry" said the same thing: "So sorry. All doctors here are now swamped. Thousands of people are now needing help and we don't have the resources". If I knew how to report this to the news..I would. Not only did the town burn down and displaced so many people...all those folks had/have to find new lodgings (very hard to do) AND new doctors. New Dentists. New everything. And the resources just aren't there, no matter how much money insurance or FEMA gives people....the doctors are just overwhelmed. This, in the USA. This, where people are still struggling.

Well that's one area checked off where not to look for her. :)
I hope your right and she's ok and at some place where she's being taken care of.

God...that is just so unreal. I never think of those things after a disaster, these are things people should know about - maybe write a letter to the editor? What happens with all your medical records - are they gone?

Thinking of you a lot Gracie...hang in there :smiliehug:

“Hell....east is starting to look good again.”

The East will always be better if the West stays away.

Seriously... I hope we don’t start seeing the same BS we’ve been seeing in liberal California.
Outrageously high taxes, poop maps, rampant drug use, unaffordable housing, high crime, etc....

That said.. I wish you the best.

Forum List

Back