If you don't believe in God...

If you don't believe in God, what do you believe in?

That I exist, for good or ill, and that one day I will die and that will be that. Maybe there's a god or an afterlife or the Force or something and maybe there isn't. I can't know for sure either way before the moment of death so I just don't worry too much about it.

That I exist, for good or ill, and that one day I will die and that will be that. Maybe there's a god or an afterlife or the Force or something and maybe there isn't. I can't know for sure either way before the moment of death so I just don't worry too much about it.

You have GISMYS on ignore, right? :eusa_whistle:

I believe we're in some sort of weird computer system. Things just make too much sense and work too perfectly together.

Until someone can define God, I don't believe or disbelieve in it. I think all human religions are factually wrong if they say this god or that god exists in heaven, but that doesn't mean no where in the rather large universe is there a being that if we saw it would call a god. It simply means means earthly religions are piss-poor examples of godly systems.

I believe that "God" is a convenient term used to describe all that is.

Not some invisible super human being that lives in the sky that knows all and sees all and passes judgment accordingly.

Last edited:

You have GISMYS on ignore, right? :eusa_whistle:
no kidding, that guy seems like a Yorkshire terrier desperately trying to get attention from a statue that it thinks is it's owner. What a butter.

If inclined to ignoring people we disagree with, why'd we register on a discussion site? :) I disagree with GIS on 99/9% of everything but would never ignore him. If I agreed with everyone on everything I'd have nothing to talk about. :)

Science, logic, reality.

Our world/planet/universe is as it is because it can't be any other way.

Given the givens, it is the only thing it can be.

An example: When I lived in the desert southwest, people would ooo and awww over the incredible saguaro cactus.
Saguaro_Cactus_AZ.jpg

They would say, 'isn't it amazing that they grow here in this inhospitable desert?'

The answer is, they grow there because the conditions are perfect for them. If you try to grow them someplace else, they will wither and die.

Some people want to believe that some magical sky fairy created human beings but fact is, we evolved here because the conditions are perfect for that to happen.

If inclined to ignoring people we disagree with, why'd we register on a discussion site? :) I disagree with GIS on 99/9% of everything but would never ignore him. If I agreed with everyone on everything I'd have nothing to talk about. :)

Yabut, I can't imagine actually reading all the shit he posts. I don't think I've ever actually read an entire gismo post. A quick skim and you know what it says.

What I have read of his indicates he really despises "god". He's got a nasty foul mouth, insults with every post, pushes people away from god.

And, its likely he has some mental health issues.

But, that's okay. He is the board's official troll/spammer/froot loop.

Yabut, I can't imagine actually reading all the shit he posts. I don't think I've ever actually read an entire gismo post. A quick skim and you know what it says.

What I have read of his indicates he really despises "god". He's got a nasty foul mouth, insults with every post, pushes people away from god.

And, its likely he has some mental health issues.

But, that's okay. He is the board's official troll/spammer/froot loop.

Well I didn't say I actually read his posts...:) Might skim the first line like. :)

Forum List

Back