If you don't believe in God...

Interesting answers...

Do you believe in Love?

Do you believe their is good and bad?

Do you make decisions that are either good or bad multiply times a day?

Are you tempted?

Why do you choose to do the wrong thing when you know it's wrong?

In order:
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Almost all choices in life do not fall into categories of right and wrong. Most of them are wrong and more wrong. It is never a question of staying clean. It is how much dirt you can avoid.

So you don't believe in good vs. evil?

I disagree, very few choices do not fall into those category's...

Do you have an example?

Interesting answers...

Do you believe in Love?

Do you believe their is good and bad?

Do you make decisions that are either good or bad multiply times a day?

Are you tempted?

Why do you choose to do the wrong thing when you know it's wrong?

In order:
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Almost all choices in life do not fall into categories of right and wrong. Most of them are wrong and more wrong. It is never a question of staying clean. It is how much dirt you can avoid.

So you don't believe in good vs. evil?

I disagree, very few choices do not fall into those category's...

Do you have an example?

No, I do not believe in good vs evil. This is always a matter of perspective - unless we are dealing with a sociopath. There are very few sociopaths.

If you pay taxes, you are supporting any number of activities. Now let us say we are engaged in a military action to which you are vehemently opposed. You consider it an immoral action. On the other hand, your taxes also go to food for starving children. If you refuse to pay taxes, you are only adding to that starvation. If you do pay them, you are supporting the war. So no matter what action you take, you are doing something you consider to be wrong.

To my point on good vs evil. Are you aware the term "terrorism" actually comes from WWII from Gen Curtis Lemay to describe our bombing policy in Europe? We intentionally bombed civilian populations in order to terrorize them into submission. We did this knowing those populations were primarily the very young and the very old. Would you call that good? Was the alternative good?

How can you answer "no" you dont believe in good or bad but "yes" i make good or bad decisions multiple times a day

OMG I had an adult DOT HEAD Indian come in last week and start telling me about his non denominational church and I'm fascinated that an indian is a christian and so I'm asking him all kinds of questions and I find out he is a born again. I don't want to freak him out so I just tell him I'm a greek orthodox who was baptized as a baby. I know this is going to get him going and finally he says I am not going to heaven I need to be saved.

So all you christians out there who aren't christiany enough beware. Apparently you aren't doing enough either and so we will see you in hell! :lol:

Anyone who isn't a strict DOGMA religious person is only a hop skip and a jump away from being atheists.

When I wake up in the middle of the night and watch these religious shows begging for money I wonder what fools are up so late and will actually call in and give $ to these con artists and then that guy came in and I see. FOOLS like Gismys who think they have purchased their way into heaven.

Oh, what about the one where they said call and get this "holy water" and whatever you want you will get. One guy got $4700 the very next day, blablabla, and they didn't say what it would cost to get this water, just to call them for it. I wonder how many people call and order that shit? Suckas.

Religion is like cancer. They'll never come up with a cure for either because they are too big of business' to fail. If religion went away what would all those con artists I mean preachers do? It'd be like if basketball didn't exist. WHat would all those giants be doing?

That is a simplistic view of religion and it ignores the obvious. My point to C Clayton was that people do believe and to ignore that reality makes no sense. So my response to you is much the same, religion does exist and to ignore that reality makes no sense.

Taken purely from biological perspective, whenever you find a behavior within a species the assumption must be that it is a benefit to that species. Otherwise, the behavior would not have survived. Religion and government are two behaviors you find in all human societies - at least those above a small clan and even there it will be around in most cases. So the logical assumption is that religion provides a benefit to that society.

IMO, religion is simply another aspect of government. It is a way for the group to identify with each other and provide cohesiveness. Government is a temporary thing, because it is run by human beings who die. Religion, otoh, is theoretically run by immortal being(s). Therefore, it provides stability to government.

And yes, I know a lot of people have been killed in the name of religion. A lot have been killed in the name of government. A lot of people have been killed to see whose butt will sit on a throne, as if that truly matters to most of the people in the society who will never get a glimpse of that butt. People don't kill because of religion or government. They kill because we are our own predator.

I agree partially, seeing religion as a kind of evolutionary advantage, building up group cohesion. But the foundation of that is ignorance, which is understandable considering the level of knowledge at certain times.
Only thing is, todays level of knowledge is in general totally contradicting any kind of religion. So what we miss, and what religikons desperatly try to fill whilst losing ground, is another glue for society.
There are, of course, attempts of non religious power hungry manipulators, as there is communism, ecology and a lot of other -isms to install other top to bottom society frames.
But none of them is rational, as it should be for an enlightened humynity.
That's what is troubling me.

Faith in Jesus Christ is not evolutionary. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. It is written: God changes not. The Word of God is a sure foundation. All else is sinking sand. Satan is a defeated foe. When Jesus Christ said, It is finished? He meant, It IS finished.

How can you answer "no" you dont believe in good or bad but "yes" i make good or bad decisions multiple times a day

Again, it is about perspective. There is no such thing as good and bad as their own absolutes. But a good or bad decision is entirely personal. If I decide to eat that doughnut, then I have made a bad decision. This is because I have a rather sedentary job and am high up on the age scale. However, my grandson is skinny as a rail and in his early 20's, so for him the doughnut might be a good decision.

Again, it is about perspective. There is no such thing as good and bad as their own absolutes. But a good or bad decision is entirely personal. If I decide to eat that doughnut, then I have made a bad decision. This is because I have a rather sedentary job and am high up on the age scale. However, my grandson is skinny as a rail and in his early 20's, so for him the doughnut might be a good decision.

I think a donut is a bad decision always so bad example but I do get what you mean - but those qualifiers need to be presented, necessarily, before you simply answer the questions in the way that you did.

That is a simplistic view of religion and it ignores the obvious. My point to C Clayton was that people do believe and to ignore that reality makes no sense. So my response to you is much the same, religion does exist and to ignore that reality makes no sense.

Taken purely from biological perspective, whenever you find a behavior within a species the assumption must be that it is a benefit to that species. Otherwise, the behavior would not have survived. Religion and government are two behaviors you find in all human societies - at least those above a small clan and even there it will be around in most cases. So the logical assumption is that religion provides a benefit to that society.

IMO, religion is simply another aspect of government. It is a way for the group to identify with each other and provide cohesiveness. Government is a temporary thing, because it is run by human beings who die. Religion, otoh, is theoretically run by immortal being(s). Therefore, it provides stability to government.

And yes, I know a lot of people have been killed in the name of religion. A lot have been killed in the name of government. A lot of people have been killed to see whose butt will sit on a throne, as if that truly matters to most of the people in the society who will never get a glimpse of that butt. People don't kill because of religion or government. They kill because we are our own predator.

I agree partially, seeing religion as a kind of evolutionary advantage, building up group cohesion. But the foundation of that is ignorance, which is understandable considering the level of knowledge at certain times.
Only thing is, todays level of knowledge is in general totally contradicting any kind of religion. So what we miss, and what religikons desperatly try to fill whilst losing ground, is another glue for society.
There are, of course, attempts of non religious power hungry manipulators, as there is communism, ecology and a lot of other -isms to install other top to bottom society frames.

Faith in Jesus Christ is not evolutionary. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. It is written: God changes not. The Word of God is a sure foundation. All else is sinking sand. Satan is a defeated foe. When Jesus Christ said, It is finished? He meant, It IS finished.

And yet people have used that faith to do things which Jesus specifically said never to do. They have used it to kill, enslave, starve, steal, and oppress. Whether or not God changes I cannot say. But it is clear to me from history that faith is at a minimum transient, if not entirely flexible for the sake of convenience.

The Bible has been used too often for evil for it to be the foundation of anything. The only sure foundation is the acceptance of personal responsibility. As Siddhartha taught, if you deem it right then accept it and live by it. That is incredibly hard to do.

I think a donut is a bad decision always so bad example but I do get what you mean - but those qualifiers need to be presented, necessarily, before you simply answer the questions in the way that you did.

They were simple questions, so I gave them simple answers. Perhaps that was a bad decision, but it did bring out some added conversation.

They were simple questions, so I gave them simple answers. Perhaps that was a bad decision, but it did bring out some added conversation.

I feel you

And yet people have used that faith to do things which Jesus specifically said never to do. They have used it to kill, enslave, starve, steal, and oppress. Whether or not God changes I cannot say. But it is clear to me from history that faith is at a minimum transient, if not entirely flexible for the sake of convenience.

The Bible has been used too often for evil for it to be the foundation of anything. The only sure foundation is the acceptance of personal responsibility. As Siddhartha taught, if you deem it right then accept it and live by it. That is incredibly hard to do.

There have always been those who have denied scripture in order to achieve their own personal agendas, Prachettfan. You are doing that very same thing here. The Doctrine of Lea by the Roman Catholic Church stated that Christians ( among others ) were the pestilent ones that must be cleansed in order to preserve their teachings ( which were contrary to scripture ) need an example? Look up the Inquisitions.

Last edited:

See this disconnect is a problem.

You didn't give a simple answer. You gave a convoluted and confusing one.

I take it you think that guns are in and of themselves evil, as well..and that if we remove weapons, we will no longer kill each other.

People lie about what motivates them to kill and commit evil acts. That is a universal truth. Hitler said killing people was for the good of the German nation. So can we apply your logic and claim that Germany is therefore without value?

Of course not.

Keep in mind when you pose such duplicitous theories (there is no right or wrong, the Bible makes people kill each other!) you are working directly for Satan. Whether you want to believe it or not.

I take it you think that guns are in and of themselves evil, as well..and that if we remove weapons, we will no longer kill each other.

People lie about what motivates them to kill and commit evil acts. That is a universal truth. Hitler said killing people was for the good of the German nation. So can we apply your logic and claim that Germany is therefore without value?

Of course not.

Keep in mind when you pose such duplicitous theories (there is no right or wrong, the Bible makes people kill each other!) you are working directly for Satan. Whether you want to believe it or not.

You take it completely wrong. You are assuming your assumptions are correct without the least attempt to verify them.

I will tell you my take on why people kill. They like to. All of the stuff about religion, politics, honor, etc. are just the excuses they use.

There is no such thing as Satan, whether you want to believe it or not.

See this disconnect is a problem.

You didn't give a simple answer. You gave a convoluted and confusing one.

If you are confused, you need only ask for a clarification. What did you not understand?

There have always been those who have denied scripture in order to achieve their own personal agendas, Prachettfan. You are doing that very same thing here. The Doctrine of Lea by the Roman Catholic Church stated that Christians ( among others ) were the pestilent ones that must be cleansed in order to preserve their teachings ( which were contrary to scripture ) need an example? Look up the Inquisitions.

Yes. Thank you for excellent examples supporting my point. I appreciate it.

Forum List

Back