If You Don't Sin, Does That Mean Jesus Died For Nothing?

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. (Is 53:6)

So you believe we somehow are unaccountable for our actions, no free will. Its one thing to sin, its another to live in sin and keep repeating the same sin over and over, and believe well were just human and Jesus died for our sins, and if we don't sin he died in vain, if we continue in our sins he did indeed die in vain.

Some folks believe we were born with sin. Original sin.

Yeah they tried to sell me that turd when I was five years old. That was the point I went :eusa_hand:
so you demonstrated your sinful nature at five?.......
...says the late bloomer.
perhaps.....I recall stealing a pack of cigarettes from my brother when he came home from college and smoking one.....I was eight.....I also recall my third grade teacher who tended to wear low cut blouses.....I recall her vividly, actually......
my son may have started earlier.....in preschool he was challenged to cut "things that are red" out of a magazine and paste them on paper.....his teacher sent his home with a big smiley face on it......in the center was a photo of Dolly Pardon in a low cut red dress........

I didn't ask to be born -- I might not have -- if given a choice in the matter.

... Particularly; if I had to kiss the creators ass.

(Is 45:9)-
"Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands'?

If the pot holds no fruit because it was made poorly, was it the pots fault or its maker's?
if the pot holds no fruit because it chooses to go through life ass up, is it the pots fault or its makers.....

Um .... It's a pot.

Asking the important question:

If one actually lives a completely virtuous life and doesn't sin, does that mean that Jesus died for nothing?
The better question is: What if I didn't want Jesus to die for me?

It is a kinda unfair contract, if it gets forced on you at birth without your consent, and it is a pretty awful one considering a nice man had to be crucified. But I have ignored the contract from day one, so it should be invalid by now (as no angels or demons have arrived to enforce it).

If there is a heaven or a hell I don't want either. I find fading out of existence a greater comfort, than an afterlife built on burning in hellfire or ending up in heaven and watching people suffer for eternity.

I didn't ask to be born -- I might not have -- if given a choice in the matter.

... Particularly; if I had to kiss the creators ass.

(Is 45:9)-
"Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands'?

If the pot holds no fruit because it was made poorly, was it the pots fault or its maker's?
if the pot holds no fruit because it chooses to go through life ass up, is it the pots fault or its makers.....

Um .... It's a pot.
you're not.....

Jesus didn't "die" for us. He's the son of god, you can't kill a god. It was all faked.

Forum List

Back