If you had a choice of owning a gun or owning a car, what would you choose

Having, "an arsenal," of guns, is not against the law. One of their means of livelihoods, was the manufacture and sales of arms at guns shows.

David Koresh, upon finding out the ATF was interested in him, even invited federal agents to inspect his compound. Why did they not just take him up on his offer, instead of massacring him, all those children, and his family?
Because sending a message to those who would resist government tyranny was more important.

I am sure you adhere to the bat shit crazy idea the government can come get your guns easier if they are registered.
400,000,000 guns, 340,000,000 people. The government could in no way, effectively confiscate citizens guns.
That is ridiculous.
when the government comes to get you, and they will...

Pick one, dumbass.

when the government comes to get you, and they will, it is harder to get away on a horse than a car. Or will you take them on with you AR-15, Either way, you are screwed.

Only if your armed neighbors allow it to happen.

My point is, that people argue they need guns in case the government goes rogue. If they have guns they can defend themselves from the rogue government.
You would need a lot more than guns if the government comes after you.
Take that argument, as a reason for no more gun regulations, off the table.
Do you believe you were promised a seat on the Politburo?

6im3xz.jpg
slaves will have the value of 3/5 of a free man. Women not mentioned in Constitution. Women could not vote. What did they mean by that

slaves will have the value of 3/5 of a free man. Women not mentioned in Constitution. Women could not vote. What did they mean by that

Weren't these subjects rectified by Amendments to the Bill of Rights?
I refer you to the 13th and 19th Amendments to our U.S. Constitution
As I remember it was Southern Democrats that insisted that Slaves be valued at 3/5 of a free man as a compromise on population census related to Congressional representation.

See:
**********​
The Three-Fifths Clause of the United States Constitution (1787) •
**********​

Last edited:
If you had a choice of owning a gun or owning a car, what would you choose. A car provides more freedom, for me, than any gun.
I would be more concerned with the government taking away everyone's vehicles than everyone's guns.

The government should allow cars and guns.
Put the same regulations on guns as you do cars for the same reason, the safety of all citizens.
You need to clarify, gas or electric....

If you had a choice of owning a gun or owning a car, what would you choose. A car provides more freedom, for me, than any gun.
I would be more concerned with the government taking away everyone's vehicles than everyone's guns.

The government should allow cars and guns.
Put the same regulations on guns as you do cars for the same reason, the safety of all citizens.
A car can be used as a weapon but a gun cannot be used for transportation.

Cars make no sense.
They produce deadly toxins, deplete our limited supply of fossil fuels that we need for fertilizers and plastics, they kill over 30,000 people a year, are totally unnecessary since we have mass transit alternatives, etc.

Firearms however are absolutely essential, since without them we would still be subject to the edicts of an autocratic British monarchy. For without the firearms of the American Revolution, there would have been no reason for the British monarchy to reform.

Forum List

Back