If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life...

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • I would think about it.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

Columbine answered that question. The simple answer is that bans do not work.

The purpose of automobiles is transportation, what is the purpose of guns?
It seems the NRA's argument is that guns and the killing of citizens are tradeoffs. A certain amount of innocent people's deaths are the price we must pay for our right to have guns.

and just like guns.... people can and do use cars as murder weapons.

It seems the NRA's argument is that guns and the killing of citizens are tradeoffs. A certain amount of innocent people's deaths are the price we must pay for our right to have guns.

Some folks, when speaking for increased restrictions on guns, have argued that the primary function of the federal government is to ensure the safety of its citizens...

studies have shown that increased restrictions on guns for law-abiding citizens has resulted in more deaths for law-abiding citizens...

other studies have shown that the federal government's imposition of fuel-economy standards has resulted in thousands of deaths in traffic accidents that would not have occurred had the passengers been riding in cars with a higher mass...

The NRA don't care about the lives of children, remember?

. . . said the sociopath. When did we start caring about impressing the likes of you?

Are you stalking me? You seem to follow me from thread to thread.

It's a public message board, you ignorant twat. Did you honestly think you were the only one who was going to be interested and posting in a variety of threads? That level of conceited self-absorption would be ill-advised in someone intelligent, interesting, and attractive. In YOU, it can only lead to derision and misery . . . rather like your entire existence.

Yeah, just like we've seen with every one of the mass murders, right? These rifles and clips have been legal all this time so where the hell were they when the mass murderers showed up?

I thought you nutters said its not your job to help your fellow Americans, not up to you to pull your gun and shoot the mass murderer. Many of your have posted exactly that.

How many of you have changed your story? How many of you would be Mighty Mouse and "save the day"?

I already know the answer. You'd be hiding, just like the armed coward in Tucson.

This is becoming nothing but bull shit for the anti gun people'

How many assault weapons have been used in mass shootings?

Not fucking many

?Assault? rifles are not involved in many U.S. murders: A look at the data - Political Watch - MarketWatch

Oh, so now it depends on the number of children killed?

How many dead children is enough?

I believe your butcher's bill in dead children stands around a million a year, so you'll excuse me if I feel no compulsion to try to impress the evil, revolting likes of you with my ability to live up to whatever twisted, vile whim you've decided to term as "morality" THIS week.

By all means, do continue to spew your dislike for us as much as possible. It's the surest sign that we should do whatever you're talking about twice as much as we're doing it now. Plus, it's funny to watch you froth at the mouth at your inability to recreate the universe in your repulsive image.

27 "people", so far, would kill a child rather than stop giving guns to crooks, illegals, terrorists, the mentally ill.

But, not surprisingly, they'd be against aborting a blob of protoplasm.

How much of our population is this sick? How many would kill a little kid just so they could sell assault rifles to the scum of our population?

That isn't the choice we're being offered, numskull. No one has demonstrated that a ban on assault weapons would save a single person's life. It might even end up killing people who could have used them to defend themselves.

Read the OP's poll again.

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

That's exactly the choice stated very clearly in that poll. So far, 29 "human beings" have voted to kill the child and keep the rifle.

And at what point did you imagine that you and your fellow vermin get to set the parameters of any argument? All the millions of times before that you've tried to do it and been told to go fuck yourself?

Let me interpret the responses to your loadeed-with-reeking-bullshit "when did you stop beating your wife" poll question: 29 TRUE humans answered "Leftists are morons, and I don't let them define reality".

Once again, you have been denied any respect, credibility, or standing in the world, and are left to vainly imagine what it would be like to matter. And once again, I laugh at your helpless rage.

Abortion Clinics kill far more children than any guns ever did... So why the hysteria about controlling guns, if it truly is... Sniffle, sniffle... All about the children.

Guns kill thousands of children every year so why the pretend (sniff sniff) concern over a blob of protoplasm?

Besides, the poll is about saving the life of ONE child.

I'll bet you're among those who voted to kill the child, aren't you.

And yet, here you are, pretending to care about a fetus.

Abortion clinics kill millions of children every year so why the pretend (sniff sniff) concern over a political human shield?

Besides, the poll is about forcing your viewpoint onto other people, and to do that, you would have to engender more respect than your average roadkill.

I'll bet you're among those who think everyone is desperate to have you think well of them.

And yet, here you are, dancing around in rage that you still don't set the standards.

That's gotta hurt.

Tell us again how "The poll said THIS. You have to answer according to the poll's reality". It never stops being funny. :lol:

Target shooting.

It seems your argument is that if we ban all guns, no one will ever die again. A certain amount of slavery are the price we must pay for eternal life.

I think I'd rather believe BriPat's theory about unicorn farts curing cancer. It's more likely.

That's exactly the choice stated very clearly in that poll. So far, 29 "human beings" have voted to kill the child and keep the rifle.

It doesn't matter what the poll states. It's not a choice that can possibly occur in the real world. You might as well ask "if unicorn farts cured cancer, would you get some?"

And, no, no one voted to kill any children.

Take your rant to a different thread then.

This thread is very clearly marked and the poll is unequivocal.

And you're going to enforce your parameters and worldview how? You're just as helpless to silence your opponents here as you are in the real world. It really chaps your hide that people aren't forced to show obeisance to your idiocy, doesn't it?

and just like guns.... people can and do use cars as murder weapons.

It's like free will gives people the ability to make their own choices, or something. Shocking.

Some folks, when speaking for increased restrictions on guns, have argued that the primary function of the federal government is to ensure the safety of its citizens...

studies have shown that increased restrictions on guns for law-abiding citizens has resulted in more deaths for law-abiding citizens...

other studies have shown that the federal government's imposition of fuel-economy standards has resulted in thousands of deaths in traffic accidents that would not have occurred had the passengers been riding in cars with a higher mass...

The federal government cannot ensure anyone's safety, no matter what it does. Nothing short of God Himself could do that, and He has chosen not to.

The federal government should get back to its real job, and stop pretending to be nanny to the world's largest nursery.

I am not interested in trading my freedom for their pie-in-the-sky, rosy-cloud promises of security.

Are all these liberals absolute idiots? Have they no common sense? If I weren't so civic-minded, I'd invite a criminal to a liberal's home and tell him they were unarmed. Then I'd sit on my porch while they were crying and hoping someone would call 911. I'd just ignore their cries and walk back inside the house as if nothing ever happened.
Maybe after a few libs get victimized they'd start seeing the light of day.

You dumb SOB, fuck off. Some 'liberals' are armed, trained and capable of putting down anyone who came after their family. Some liberals respond to 911 calls and don't question the politics, color, creed or ethnicity of those who need help. Only a fucking punk like you would factor such into the equation.
Then why do you support laws and policies that serve ONLY to disarm law-abiding citizens, that will only make MORE victims of criminals?

We do know banning abortion would save one child's life should we do that?

No, no, they tell us that when it comes to bans on ABORTION, people would only go acquire them illegally, with much less safety because of the lack of government regulation. Apparently, bans only work to completely eliminate guns, not anything else.

27 "people", so far, would kill a child rather than stop giving guns to crooks, illegals, terrorists, the mentally ill.

But, not surprisingly, they'd be against aborting a blob of protoplasm.

How much of our population is this sick? How many would kill a little kid just so they could sell assault rifles to the scum of our population?
How is a ban on assault weapons going to prevent crooks, illegals, terrorists, and the mentally ill from obtaining them?

Hint: It won't.

Are all these liberals absolute idiots? Have they no common sense? If I weren't so civic-minded, I'd invite a criminal to a liberal's home and tell him they were unarmed. Then I'd sit on my porch while they were crying and hoping someone would call 911. I'd just ignore their cries and walk back inside the house as if nothing ever happened.
Maybe after a few libs get victimized they'd start seeing the light of day.

You dumb SOB, fuck off. Some 'liberals' are armed, trained and capable of putting down anyone who came after their family. Some liberals respond to 911 calls and don't question the politics, color, creed or ethnicity of those who need help. Only a fucking punk like you would factor such into the equation.
Then why do you support laws and policies that serve ONLY to disarm law-abiding citizens, that will only make MORE victims of criminals?
it is almost like facism huh? But that can't be cause progressives swear they are not facists despite all evidence.

As I said it's trade offs. If we want fuel economy we might have to make cars lighter. Tradeoffs. If we want guns we must accept a certain amount of killing, accidental and otherwise. I just hope the ones that do the killing for noteriety, don't believe they gain more noteriety by killing children than politicians.

Forum List

Back