🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you live in the US, Are Hamas and Hizballah Terrorist Organizations?

"MEMRI is a propaganda Rag, anyone sees the word MEMRI, we know all we will read is lies! No need to even read what is written, because it is all trash! "

sherri, you spelled 'Mondoscheisse' wrong: that's not a recognized abbreviation for it that you've used as the first word above.

I love the way people cherry-pick from their sources sometimes...... Here's some of what was left out of the above:

According to the US-Israeli organisation MEMRI, in a speech aired on Al-Manar and Al-Jazeera in 2006, Nasrallah expressed support for alleged Holocaust denier Roger Garaudy calling him a "great French philosopher" who "proved ([ [sic]]) that this Holocaust is a myth".[47]
During the 2006 Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy, Hezbollah leader Hasan Nasrallah declared in a speech aired on Al-Manar TV and Al-Jazeera TV that: "If there had been a Muslim to carry out Imam Khomeini's fatwā against the renegade Salman Rushdie, this rabble who insult our Prophet Mohammed in Denmark, Norway and France would not have dared to do so. I am sure there are millions of Muslims who are ready to give their lives to defend our prophet's honour and we have to be ready to do anything for that."[47][48]
On 24 February 2012, in a speech in Nabi Sheet for the "remembrance of the fallen martyrs Abbas al-Musawi, Ragheb Harb, and Imad Mughniyah," Hasan Nasrallah said, "I say that the American administration and the American mentality lacks nothing from Satanism. But that kind of behavior and that kind of mistreatment of holy books [referring to the Quran burning incident in Afghanistan in February 2012[49]] and prophets, and the prophets' sanctities, and others' sanctities; this behavior is Israeli and let us say it is Jewish, between quotation marks, - now they will say that this is anti-Semitism - [but] the Holy Quran told us about this people: how they attacked their prophets, and how they killed their prophets, and how they affronted their prophets, and how they affronted Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, and how they affronted Mary, peace be upon her, and how they affronted Allah's great messenger Mohammad, May God exalt and bring peace upon him and his family. This [behavior] pattern about affronting holy books, and prophets, and messengers, and sanctities; this is their mentality, and maybe they want to push things more and more toward a religious war worldwide."[50]

MEMRI is a propaganda Rag, anyone sees the word MEMRI, we know all we will read is lies! No need to even read what is written, because it is all trash!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhkB-Ybuvro]Lebanon: Ashura celebrations - no comment - YouTube[/ame]

"MEMRI is a propaganda Rag, anyone sees the word MEMRI, we know all we will read is lies! No need to even read what is written, because it is all trash! "

sherri, you spelled 'Mondoscheisse' wrong: that's not a recognized abbreviation for it that you've used as the first word above.
I was thinking more like the Iranian govt sponsored garbage "PressTV" she regularly posts from. LOL

"During the 2006 Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy, Hezbollah leader Hasan Nasrallah declared in a speech aired on Al-Manar TV and Al-Jazeera TV that: "If there had been a Muslim to carry out Imam Khomeini's fatwā against the renegade Salman Rushdie, this rabble who insult our Prophet Mohammed in Denmark, Norway and France would not have dared to do so. I am sure there are millions of Muslims who are ready to give their lives to defend our prophet's honour and we have to be ready to do anything for that."[47][48]

And that verified quote from one of Nasty Nasrullah's speeches doesn't seem the least bit terroristic to anyone???

P F Tinmore; et al,

I think this is a little rich.

I'll leave that terrorist thing to the third grade name callers.
(REFERENCE)

Para 4(a) and (b) said:
4. Urges all States to fulfil their obligations under international law and take effective and resolute measures for the speedy and final elimination of international terrorism and to that end, in particular:

(a) To prevent the preparation and organization in their respective territories, for commission within or outside their territories, of terrorist and subversive acts directed against other States and their citizens;

(b) To ensure the apprehension and prosecution or extradition of perpetrators of terrorist acts;​

AND

Reaffirming also the inalienable right to self-determination and independence of all peoples under colonial and racist regimes and other forms of alien domination and foreign occupation, and upholding the legitimacy of their struggle, in particular the struggle of national liberation movements, in accordance with the purposes and principles of the Charter and the Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Cooperation among States in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations,

SOURCE: A/RES/46/51. Measures to eliminate international terrorism

(COMMENT)

Then how should we consider the other issues, like the right to self-determination?

All the right and rules of law are tied together. The idea that the Palestinians have an exemption to pursue asymmetric warfare, hijackings, massacres, rocket assaults, ambushes, etc, just because they think they have a prior territorial claim to that of the Empire, passed on by treaty to the Allied Powers.

Most Respectfully,
R

It is true that the rules of law are tied together. Most of them hinge on the basic right to self determination. But who has that right?

In article 22 of the LoN Covenant, "the people" were mentioned several times in reference to that right. The people were those whose normal place of residence was inside the borders of the new states that were carved out of the Ottoman Empire.

There is a myth, perpetrated by Israeli propaganda, that the mandate was Palestine, it was owned by the British, and when the mandate ended Palestine vanished. That is not true. The mandate was temporarily assigned to Palestine. The mandate was not Palestine. Britain never annexed or otherwise claim ownership. The former Ottoman land was ceded to Palestine. When Britain left it did no transfer the land to anybody. It remained Palestinian land. And it is the Palestinians who have the right to self determination on their land.

I love the way people cherry-pick from their sources sometimes...... Here's some of what was left out of the above:

According to the US-Israeli organisation MEMRI, in a speech aired on Al-Manar and Al-Jazeera in 2006, Nasrallah expressed support for alleged Holocaust denier Roger Garaudy calling him a "great French philosopher" who "proved ([ [sic]]) that this Holocaust is a myth".[47]
During the 2006 Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy, Hezbollah leader Hasan Nasrallah declared in a speech aired on Al-Manar TV and Al-Jazeera TV that: "If there had been a Muslim to carry out Imam Khomeini's fatwā against the renegade Salman Rushdie, this rabble who insult our Prophet Mohammed in Denmark, Norway and France would not have dared to do so. I am sure there are millions of Muslims who are ready to give their lives to defend our prophet's honour and we have to be ready to do anything for that."[47][48]
On 24 February 2012, in a speech in Nabi Sheet for the "remembrance of the fallen martyrs Abbas al-Musawi, Ragheb Harb, and Imad Mughniyah," Hasan Nasrallah said, "I say that the American administration and the American mentality lacks nothing from Satanism. But that kind of behavior and that kind of mistreatment of holy books [referring to the Quran burning incident in Afghanistan in February 2012[49]] and prophets, and the prophets' sanctities, and others' sanctities; this behavior is Israeli and let us say it is Jewish, between quotation marks, - now they will say that this is anti-Semitism - [but] the Holy Quran told us about this people: how they attacked their prophets, and how they killed their prophets, and how they affronted their prophets, and how they affronted Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, and how they affronted Mary, peace be upon her, and how they affronted Allah's great messenger Mohammad, May God exalt and bring peace upon him and his family. This [behavior] pattern about affronting holy books, and prophets, and messengers, and sanctities; this is their mentality, and maybe they want to push things more and more toward a religious war worldwide."[50]

MEMRI is a propaganda Rag, anyone sees the word MEMRI, we know all we will read is lies! No need to even read what is written, because it is all trash!

I just read 6 critiques of MEMRI. They all whined that MEMRI doesn't play fair. Only yours claims MEMRI's translations are false. How do you explain that? :D

Journalist Badih Chayban in an 23 October 2002 article in The Daily Star wrote that Nasrallah said, "If they [the Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide
Hassan Nasrallah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Daily Star - Politics - Nasrallah alleges ‘Christian Zionist’ plot

Notable Quotes

Would you like more links, Frau Sherri ????

Another poster already proved it was a lie!
Another Nazi poster named Jos. Strange bed fellows. LOL

i think it was marg, among other jewish posters, who objected to the casual and frivolous use of the term "NAZI". i stopped using it and many of the pro-palestinian posters did as well (bravo guys), or certainly were more considerate in its useage. personally, i did so because i imagined some people were sensitive to its being used.

perhaps you should also quit using it as well. it certainly should be worth your consideration, not to mention the fact that it does make you appear to be a bit histrionic.

In the U.S. and Europe they are classified as terrorists organizations.

But to the rest of the world they are viewed as freedom fighters......... :cool:

One side's terrorist is the other side's freedom fighter!

A pithy soundbite if ever there was one. Of course soundbites aren't noted for their accuracy any more than sherri is noted for her insight and wisdom here.

all it means is that there are two sides to a story. to say otherwise is a bit dictatorial, don't you think?

as a soundbite, it does seem accurate to me, by the way. soundbites are not noted for their inaccuracy either.

A pithy soundbite if ever there was one. Of course soundbites aren't noted for their accuracy any more than sherri is noted for her insight and wisdom here.

all it means is that there are two sides to a story. to say otherwise is a bit dictatorial, don't you think?

as a soundbite, it does seem accurate to me, by the way. soundbites are not noted for their inaccuracy either.

There aren't always 'two sides' - for example, the defenders of the Holocaust who insist that the Nazis never deliberately sought to kill off any group of people, that there were no cyanide shower rooms at Auschwitz, no crematoria, etc etc. Are they a 'side'? NO. The 'side' would be open support for the Nazi ideology and goals: the 'revisionists' are covert about their support.

We also DO see such open support for genocide among some of the spokespeople for HAMAS and Hezbullah - which I think may well make them terrorists all by itself.

And sometimes there are more than simply two sides........ I think that in the ME there are many 'sides' - and that is part of the difficulty.

Seal, it's pretty well guaranteed that there's virtually no overlap between whatever you think and whatever I think. Aside from a deep devotion to the US Constitution...

Another poster already proved it was a lie!

i think it was marg, among other jewish posters, who objected to the casual and frivolous use of the term "NAZI". i stopped using it and many of the pro-palestinian posters did as well (bravo guys), or certainly were more considerate in its useage. personally, i did so because i imagined some people were sensitive to its being used.

perhaps you should also quit using it as well. it certainly should be worth your consideration, not to mention the fact that it does make you appear to be a bit histrionic.

Just a quick question. Why should Nazi be off the table considering both sunni and shite love nazis.

That is your opinion of it. For whatever your opinion is worth to anyone else.......

it is only your opinion that that is my opinion, for whatever your opinion is worth to anyone else.

christ, marg...just how stupid is that remark exactly? just how far do we need to go in stating the obvious? this board is a board designed for people to express opinions. you could answer every post with that statement. it almost sounds like a speech of concession or surrender.

but hey, marg...the above is just my opinion. happy?

Concession? Surrender? WOW, have you got a vivid imagination.

No, I'm simply stating in polite terms that your opinion is severly devalued by your refusal to accept Israel as a nation in its own right. This continual charade you play of 'colonial power' and other such, appears simply an evasion and reluctance to state outright that one does not think Israel should exist within borders of any size.

Of course, once a poster actually states it as such - then there's no reason to attempt discussion with such a one.

i grew up all my life being opposed to british colonialism (and other colonialist adventures) whenever and wherever they have occurred.

as britain and the world began to see the folly of such enterprises and proceeded to dismantle their physical presence in their colonied, ionissts flooded into israel. i do not accept that colinisation as israel has not yet gelled as a state and remains a colonial occupier.

if and when they declare their borders and reach an honest agreement that provides ror a viable palestinian state and does not threaten her neighbours, and deals HONESTLY with the world, than i do and will oppose its existence.

my opinion may be devalued in your and some other's eyes. other people i am sure agree with me.

Last edited:
P F Tinmore; et al,

I think this is a little rich.

I'll leave that terrorist thing to the third grade name callers.
(REFERENCE)

Para 4(a) and (b) said:
4. Urges all States to fulfil their obligations under international law and take effective and resolute measures for the speedy and final elimination of international terrorism and to that end, in particular:

(a) To prevent the preparation and organization in their respective territories, for commission within or outside their territories, of terrorist and subversive acts directed against other States and their citizens;

(b) To ensure the apprehension and prosecution or extradition of perpetrators of terrorist acts;​

AND

Reaffirming also the inalienable right to self-determination and independence of all peoples under colonial and racist regimes and other forms of alien domination and foreign occupation, and upholding the legitimacy of their struggle, in particular the struggle of national liberation movements, in accordance with the purposes and principles of the Charter and the Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Cooperation among States in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations,

SOURCE: A/RES/46/51. Measures to eliminate international terrorism

(COMMENT)

Then how should we consider the other issues, like the right to self-determination?

All the right and rules of law are tied together. The idea that the Palestinians have an exemption to pursue asymmetric warfare, hijackings, massacres, rocket assaults, ambushes, etc, just because they think they have a prior territorial claim to that of the Empire, passed on by treaty to the Allied Powers.

Most Respectfully,
R

BUT you ignore the violations of intl law of Israel which are in the nature of state terrorism. If you want to sling the terrorist label around, then do it on both sides, it is present in unlawful targetings of civilians and civilian objects by both sides.

Just a quick question. Why should Nazi be off the table considering both sunni and shite love nazis.

you exaggerate, and that is the polite way of regarding your statement..

i have no problem putting it right back on the table myself. the terms "judeonazi" or "zionazi" do not offend me at all anbd perhaps best describe a situation or condition.

other people don't like it. my suggestion, while directed at roudy, should be taken by everyone, particularly some of the pro-palestinian posters who still use it. it just seemed roudy used it the most.

just an idea. carry on.

And Zionists are Nazis, too. I guess we could just call each other Nazis all day. Would that help the quality of our discussions?

Seal, it's pretty well guaranteed that there's virtually no overlap between whatever you think and whatever I think. Aside from a deep devotion to the US Constitution...

i doubt if that's true. we differ on israel, zionism, and issues surrounding it and that will never come together, but other than that, i have many other things in my life and i am sure you do as well.

i love dark chocolate.

Forum List

Back