If you owned a business, who would you hire to run it: Obama or Romney?

Does anyone know of the total dollar amount taxpayers has lost, and will never see a single dime of a return investment, as a result of Obama's russian roulette choices for Green Energy corporations?

I could only share that with you IF you tell the dollar amount taxpayers lost, and will never see a single dime of return investment, as a result of Bush's failed choice of war in Iraq.

However, I am willing to bet that the loss in much greater from failed Iraq than failed green energy companies. Wanna bet?

Does anyone know of the total dollar amount taxpayers has lost, and will never see a single dime of a return investment, as a result of Obama's russian roulette choices for Green Energy corporations?

I could only share that with you IF you tell the dollar amount taxpayers lost, and will never see a single dime of return investment, as a result of Bush's failed choice of war in Iraq.

However, I am willing to bet that the loss in much greater from failed Iraq than failed green energy companies. Wanna bet?

Since when was war ever thought of as an investment?

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

Simple question. Simple answer. Simple and obvious point.

Obama.

1. I'm looking out for the long term. I don't want Romney to fire everyone and sell the company off to some major national competitor like Staples. What will my lkids do? I want to keep the family business for generations. Not sell it off. What about the 200 well paid employees and their pensions? Romney would fuck them. Obama would not.

2. Obama is thoughtful and educated. Romney is smart but a bit of a doofis. I think he's got old money and he's not as sharp as you think. More of a delegator like Palin or Perry. He got hooked up with those scumbags at Bain Capital. He's just like Bush. A bit dumb.

Depends upon how many regulations and government red tape you have to go through to even GET that company off the ground to start with. You can expect to have to go through more government "hoops" with Obama, not all environmentally related, but you can bet a lot of $$$$ spent on multiple permits and all kinds of drummed up inspections to drain your wallet and shorten your patience.

Last edited:
As a business person, while I may like the sound of the guy that wants to cut expenses, I'd have to go with the guy that wants to increase revenues.

If you were a business person, you'd consider that profit is the bottom line. Nice try but I know a Democrat plant when I see one. :tongue:

If you want to look at overall spending while in office, we can start things off with $820 Billion during a 7 year war in Iraq under President George W. Bush vs. President Obama's one shot $831 Billion Stimulus package (according to the CBO on Feb 2012), which didn't see the kind of economic recovery the Democrats had hoped. This is why the economy, jobs, and underemployment are still major issues during this Presidential campaign, and why Obama went instead for a contrived distraction like contraception.

Last edited:
Romney. Obama has never run a business in his life. He knows only working for government and/or pushing an agenda. That is what he did as a community organizer and that is what he's doing now.

He'd run a company into the ground in no time because he has no sense when it comes to spending money wisely. He can't even pick a good company to invest in. Look at Solyndra and Obama rushed that loan through. I still wonder where the money went and suspect that it changed hands and ended up in some Democrat campaigns.

Just navigated us out of the second Great Depression and got Bin Ladin. :clap2: Saved GM, remember?

How are those sales for the Chevy Volt doing (seeing they only met 1/3 of the first year production goals)? Oh, and how many miles does the battery get you before you have to wait 8 hours for a recharge, ever look into that? Of course you can always look to the high cost of gas and recharge it later (but sort of defeats the purpose for a $40,000 car)

As a business person, while I may like the sound of the guy that wants to cut expenses, I'd have to go with the guy that wants to increase revenues.

Who would that be?

Quote: Originally Posted by snjmom
If you were a business person, you'd consider that profit is the bottom line. Nice try but I know a Democrat plant when I see one.

As a business person, I want to keep my expenses down, but I want to grow and continue to add new services. I must make a profit on my expenses, but I cannot cut expenses to the point that I can't provide the services that create my revenue. As an example, if I own a bank and a percentage of my potential customers believe I should only offer deposit services and car loans and this is the only purpose of banking, should I restrict the services I offer or should I offer additional services to capture a greater share of the banking services market thus increasing my revenue? Or should I reduce the fees for the wealthiest clients that use the majority of my expensive services while raising fees for the clients that use the least costly services?

If you believe that government should be run as a business then you can't possibly subscribe to the notion of smaller government. Grow or die.

Who would that be?

If you were a business person, you'd consider that profit is the bottom line. Nice try but I know a Democrat plant when I see one.

As a business person, I want to keep my expenses down, but I want to grow and continue to add new services. I must make a profit on my expenses, but I cannot cut expenses to the point that I can't provide the services that create my revenue. As an example, if I own a bank and a percentage of my potential customers believe I should only offer deposit services and car loans and this is the only purpose of banking, should I restrict the services I offer or should I offer additional services to capture a greater share of the banking services market thus increasing my revenue? Or should I reduce the fees for the wealthiest clients that use the majority of my expensive services while raising fees for the clients that use the least costly services?

If you believe that government should be run as a business then you can't possibly subscribe to the notion of smaller government. Grow or die.

Government should use the same business efficiencies that business uses whenever applicable. That doesn't mean they have the same profit mission as a typical business. But government should keep costs down and not spend beyond their means. Obama has shown time and time again that he does not get business.

Who would that be?

Do you sell stock in your company, if so I'd love to sell it short.

No real business owner "make a profit on my expenses" so you're either clueless or lying

Who would that be?

Government is not a profit making endeavor.

When one posits that government should be run like a business most people understand that it means government should at least break even by not spending more than it takes in as revenue.

Increased revenue does not increase profit. So as a business owner, you take 150 jobs that you know will lose money, you have increased your revenue but eventually you have to pay the bills.

Those who are interested can listen to persons who used to work for Romney here:

How Mitt Romney's Firm Tried

We all know you won't listen but you'll swear you've looked at all the facts.

Actually there is a lot to like about Bain if you're yoked like you say you are. But it would require effort and there is a possibility you're firmly held beliefs will be challenged so make sure you don't listen.

Besides, it's NPR so I'm sure you have no reason to listen.

NPR is just as neutral as Rush Limbaugh, why would anyone give either of those sources a hard time?

Really? What part of the story did you find most objectionable. Let me guess, you didn't listen to it. Typical.

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

Simple question. Simple answer. Simple and obvious point.

Barack Obama. Without a question. It would be a company I could be proud of. The bottom line isn't the only thing to consider for most Americans. You're right, it was a simple question and it had an obvious answer.

"Corporations are people my friend"--Willard Romney.

yea like if Obama ran a Company he would not consider the "bottom line"....give me a break......

I'm sure he would. But the point is that there are other things to consider if the question is who would you hire to run a company. Someone that will run a company you could be proud of as an owner or one that simply operates as a profit center. I tend to want to be proud of my investments. Opinions vary.

Increased revenue does not increase profit. So as a business owner, you take 150 jobs that you know will lose money, you have increased your revenue but eventually you have to pay the bills.

Increased revenue doesn't increase profit?

Those who are interested can listen to persons who used to work for Romney here:

How Mitt Romney's Firm Tried

We all know you won't listen but you'll swear you've looked at all the facts.

Actually there is a lot to like about Bain if you're yoked like you say you are. But it would require effort and there is a possibility you're firmly held beliefs will be challenged so make sure you don't listen.

Besides, it's NPR so I'm sure you have no reason to listen.

You amuse me, Candy. Did you actually read the NPR article? If you HAD you'd note that Romney wasn't even running Bain at the time discussed. So you want to hold up as an example of what a "bad businessman" Romney is...something that was done when he had taken a leave of absence to run for office? This is the kind of nonsense I expect from Deanie or TM. Seriously...you need to step back and think before you post drivel like this.

Distinction without a difference. However, distinction noted. PS: I listened to it.

Last edited:

It all depends on how much it costs to increase revenue. One can have an increase in revenue that exactly offsets an increase in operating costs resulting no no net profit.

Not necessarily. The naturegirl post would be correct in a vacuum. Companies are more nimble than the example otherwise indicates.

Forum List

Back