If you support Trump ending Birthright Citizenship via executive order you're a hypocrite.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.
Presidents are SUPPOSED TO BE near kings. This is entirely within his right. It will do what he intended it to do. It will be challenged and end up before the Supreme Court. Guess which side will win?
Idiot bullshit fuck you

Too bad they don't have negative emojis here. Guess you'll have to settle for the guy laughing at you.
Blow me noob

Blow you? Are all you libs gay?
He's not a lib, but he's dead wrong on this.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.

How and when did birthright citizenship for ILLEGALS begin? Was that by Constitutional Amendment?

How and when did birthright citizenship for ILLEGALS begin? Was that by Constitutional Amendment?

The 14th Amendment started birthright citizenship and the United States Supreme Court interpreted the 14th Amendment to mean if you're born here, you're a citizen regardless of the immigration status of your parents.

Trump is just setting up the legal scuffle on this. Part of Trump’s Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Reform Act

The 14th wasn't written to allow children of illegals to become US citizens, it's time to follow the Constitution as it is written and stop "interpreting" it to suit agendas.

I doubt an EO will hold up in the matter but it would open up the can of worms to allow it to be addressed by the courts. Gorusch and Kavanaugh are looking like sweet picks in that regard ...another reason Trump winning was so important
If you actually understood the constitution, you would know that only a new amendment could undo the 14th.

No amendment was needed to undo Dread Scott, and no amendment is needed to get a proper interpretation of the 14th. It's amazing how much of the things you know, just aren't true. LMAO

The 14th Amendment put an end to Dred Scott laws regarding citizenship.

Scott was more about slave ownership in a territory where slavery was forbidden. The court said he couldn't sue because he wasn't a citizen. My how times change, non-citizens can not only sue individuals, but States and the Feds today.

Everyone knows it's a ploy to enrage an incredibly stupid part of the electorate. However if he succeeds perhaps the next Dem President could then just abolish the 2nd Amendment with an EO as well!

LOL!

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

The level of ignorance from you rightards is infinite.

Dumbfuck, that’s not speaking to where the parents must be residents. It’s establishing the new born baby, who is here legally, is a dual citizen of both the country and the state.

2s0blvo.jpg

LOL no dummy the newborn is not a resident and neither is the illegal parent. An anchor baby is born on a plane at 30,000 feet over the US, is that anchor baby a US citizen? The SCOTUS will rule no. An anchor baby is born 1 mile off shore in US waters, is the anchor baby a US citizen? The SCOTUS will rule no. And we'll keep walking this argument in, an illegal steps 2 feet into the US illegally and has an anchor baby, is the anchor baby a US citizen? Nope. Your worst nightmare is for the SCOTUS to clarify the 14th amendment, no more anchor babies.
LOL

Dumbfuck, the SCOTUS has already ruled. Children born in the jurisdiction of the U.S., even to illegal aliens, are U.S. citizens. And moron, if a baby legally born in the US.S. isn’t a resident, then no baby is, meaning according to your nuttiness, no one is born a U.S. citizen.

The Trump SCOTUS will abolish anchor babies, deal with it snowflake. :itsok:
LOLOL

Like the Bush SCOTUS abolished ObamaCare?

Or are you saying trump’s justices are “activist judges” who will ignore the wording of the 14th where it clearly states “ALL persons” except for those not subject to the jurisdiction of the US, which refers to foreign diplomats.

Justices do their best to interpret the Constitution, no matter who appointed them; and they generally don’t like to overturn prior rulings

We have nothing to lose pushing this issue to the SCOTUS. Dem's have everything to lose. Their scheme of canceling out American votes with millions of amnesty illegal votes and their anchor baby votes very likely will be destroyed by the SCOTUS.
True, you have nothing to lose. Just as many presidents have had EO’s deemed unconstitutional; it’s a mere blip. But you’re not going to gain anything from this either. Anchor babies are not going away without a constitutional amendment.

An EO ending it would be challenged in court I don't know if it would stand but when you have assholes in Congress on both sides who refuse to deal with the issue the options are pretty limited. If we were to end birthright citizenship we sure wouldn't be the first. Countries that have ended universal birthright citizenship include the United Kingdom, which ended the practice in 1983, Australia (1986), India (1987), Malta (1989), Ireland, which ended the practice through a national referendum in 2004, New Zealand (2006), and the Dominican Republic, which ended the practice in January 2010.

I, personally, would not mind ending birthright citizenship as per the 14th Amendment. But, in our case, it is the amendment itself that is the issue. Being illegally ratified, it is not worth the paper it's printed on.

So, instead of pursuing the correct avenue, some prefer to let SCOTUS decide the matter, hoping that the Justices Trump got in will rubber stamp his unconstitutional solutions. You're in for a rude awakening.
so you are against the black slaves being made citizens? you racist.

North Korea = 99.8 percent Korean
Zimbabwe = 99.7 percent Black
Japan = 98.5 percent Japanese
China = 91.59 percent Han Chinese

All those countries avoid the ethnic, racial and cultural B.S. we go through; nobody criticizes them; they have their own country. You buy all kinds of products from North Korea, Japan and China. Fact is, if I took all the products out of your home that were made in those three countries, your place would be bare.

The United States is held to one standard; the rest of the world to another. Yet a poster is calling me racist. Somehow, the posterity of the founders are not entitled to a Right of self determination; no Right to their own homeland; no Right to decide what is in their best interests.

So, the left wants to make much ado about slavery and blame the whites. Blacks claim they were the first Egyptians. They held biblical Israel in slavery for 430 years. The Whites ended slavery! And yet we have a poster here that calls me a racist.

There is a subtle and deliberate attempt by non-White, non-Christians and their proselytes to eradicate White people from the face of the earth. One poster here calls me a racist.

The reality is, within six months of the Constitution being ratified, the founders (through Congress) passed the first Naturalization Law. It reads (in part):

"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That any Alien being a free white person, who shall have resided within the limits and under the jurisdiction of the United States for the term of two years, may be admitted to become a citizen thereof on application to any common law Court of record in any one of the States wherein he shall have resided for the term of one year at least, and making proof to the satisfaction of such Court that he is a person of good character, and taking the oath or affirmation prescribed by law to support the Constitution of the United States,"

naturalization laws 1790-1795

That, of course, would (by today's standards) make the founders racist. Since America's Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution were written by Whites, they should be abolished and the mixed multitude should be allowed to run the country. Of course, if I agreed with that, those promoting subtle genocide would be pacified and no longer call me a racist.

Let's not sugar coat this. The liberals cannot stand the thought that the White people built a nation based upon a culture that promoted their race and the common bond of Christian principles. While they find it displeasing, offensive, and objectionable, they have NO problem with the many other nations that are run the same way. You're just not supposed to have a country dominated by the White people. That is the reason only Whites are referred to as racists.
None of those countries are melting pots like the U.S.

Trump is just setting up the legal scuffle on this. Part of Trump’s Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Reform Act

The 14th wasn't written to allow children of illegals to become US citizens, it's time to follow the Constitution as it is written and stop "interpreting" it to suit agendas.

I doubt an EO will hold up in the matter but it would open up the can of worms to allow it to be addressed by the courts. Gorusch and Kavanaugh are looking like sweet picks in that regard ...another reason Trump winning was so important
If you actually understood the constitution, you would know that only a new amendment could undo the 14th.

No amendment was needed to undo Dread Scott, and no amendment is needed to get a proper interpretation of the 14th. It's amazing how much of the things you know, just aren't true. LMAO

The 14th Amendment put an end to Dred Scott laws regarding citizenship.

Scott was more about slave ownership in a territory where slavery was forbidden. The court said he couldn't sue because he wasn't a citizen. My how times change, non-citizens can not only sue individuals, but States and the Feds today.

Scott confirmed blacks could not be citizens. The 14th ended that nonsense.

Dumbfuck, that’s not speaking to where the parents must be residents. It’s establishing the new born baby, who is here legally, is a dual citizen of both the country and the state.

2s0blvo.jpg

LOL no dummy the newborn is not a resident and neither is the illegal parent. An anchor baby is born on a plane at 30,000 feet over the US, is that anchor baby a US citizen? The SCOTUS will rule no. An anchor baby is born 1 mile off shore in US waters, is the anchor baby a US citizen? The SCOTUS will rule no. And we'll keep walking this argument in, an illegal steps 2 feet into the US illegally and has an anchor baby, is the anchor baby a US citizen? Nope. Your worst nightmare is for the SCOTUS to clarify the 14th amendment, no more anchor babies.
LOL

Dumbfuck, the SCOTUS has already ruled. Children born in the jurisdiction of the U.S., even to illegal aliens, are U.S. citizens. And moron, if a baby legally born in the US.S. isn’t a resident, then no baby is, meaning according to your nuttiness, no one is born a U.S. citizen.

The Trump SCOTUS will abolish anchor babies, deal with it snowflake. :itsok:
LOLOL

Like the Bush SCOTUS abolished ObamaCare?

Or are you saying trump’s justices are “activist judges” who will ignore the wording of the 14th where it clearly states “ALL persons” except for those not subject to the jurisdiction of the US, which refers to foreign diplomats.

Justices do their best to interpret the Constitution, no matter who appointed them; and they generally don’t like to overturn prior rulings

We have nothing to lose pushing this issue to the SCOTUS. Dem's have everything to lose. Their scheme of canceling out American votes with millions of amnesty illegal votes and their anchor baby votes very likely will be destroyed by the SCOTUS.
the dems are suppressing our votes.

No, I never said that. Subject to the Jurisdiction Therein meant that they have no allegiance with another country period.

So in my scenario, let's say China wanted to sneak in a dirty bomb using this Chinese citizen of theirs who is (by our standards) an American citizen. Much easier to do being an American citizen than being a visitor of some kind. Or you can even use any country from the middle-east for that matter.

Allegiance has nothing to do with jurisdiction.

If any person of any citizenship commits a crime in the US, unless they have sovereign immunity, the US has the power to prosecute that person. That’s what jurisdiction means. Allegiance is irrelevant.

Birthright Citizenship | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Again, that link does not refute that a person in the United States is under the jurisdiction of the United States, regardless of citizenship.

All it does is say that “some scholars argue” allegiance of a child of illegal aliens without postulating why. It does not argue that a foreign national who commits a crime in the US isn’t under the jurisdiction of US law.

It has nothing to do with law and breaking the law. So do tell: what do you think the clause meant? If they wanted for anybody to drift over and have American children regardless of the citizen status of the parents, why include that clause?

What it meant was that in order to have an American baby, the parents had to be Americans themselves. That's the argument the Supreme Court will eventually hear and decide on.

Jurisdiction means the governing entity can adjudicate and enforce the laws within its defined boundaries. If you break American law in the US, then the US government has jurisdiction to enforce and adjudicate the law that was broken. It’s irrelevant whether or not the person who broke the law has allegiance to the US.

Those who argue the legal status is relevant to the 14th Amendment argue that the intent was to apply to those who had allegiance solely to the US. But that’s not what the law says. And Wok Kim Ark dealt with non-citizens with legal status. Legal status of non-citizens does not imply allegiance. Therefore, because Wok Kim Ark further clarified the 14th Amendment, it implicitly deemed allegiance as irrelevant to birthright citizenship.
No, that’s not how jurisdiction is applied. Of course countries can enforce their own laws with foreigners visiting or whatever. There’s no country out there that doesn’t do that. If your version of jurisdiction was the case, we’d be taxing all illegal immigrants to the fullest extent, they’d all be offered work benefits, be eligible for workmen’s comp, etc. None of that is possible if you don’t know who on earth you’re dealing with.

CrusaderFrank, as always, you're thinking.

I agree with Trump, I am sure he knows he can't do this. Having said that, it WILL get the ball rolling in the courts.
Eventually, this will end up in the SC where it should be, and let them rule on this once and for all.

I thought those were the blacks from the ID laws.

Nope. Whining about fake crap is a bi-partisan hobby.

you all claimed voter suppression with voter ID laws. now you're going to back away from that too? wow, you are a loser.

You all? You still thinking I'm a Democrat?

dude, again, i give two shits who you are. walks like a duck quack's like a duck, it's a duck

I thought those were the blacks from the ID laws.

Nope. Whining about fake crap is a bi-partisan hobby.

you all claimed voter suppression with voter ID laws. now you're going to back away from that too? wow, you are a loser.

You all? You still thinking I'm a Democrat?

Dunno if anyone cares if you're a Democrat, both sides have idiots....and you qualify.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Illegals don't reside in a state, certainly not legally their residence is their home country. This is how we will end anchor babies.

2s0blvo.jpg

LOL

Can you please link this supreme court case? I'd like to see where the SC has ruled on this. If this is the case, and the SC did actually already interpret that children born to illegals withing the borders of the United states, then this issue is settled and no need to go further with it.

Forum List

Back