if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
A better question, would I want hundreds of others to have guns shooting each other in the dark? Probably not.
A concert hall, a movie theater, a stadium full of gun-totin' "good guys". Of course not! How do you tell the terrorists from the uber-patriotic wacko nut jobs? Or are they the same....hmmm.

Yeah...only dumb people imply they might be the same...

First clue as to identifying mass shooters....they shout allah ahkbar and start shooting innocent people near them

Yeah...I don't think you need a second clue after the first one.

the good guys...are not shooting the innocent people around them......or shouting allah ahbar as they do it.....

Is that some sort of international rule or did you bleed out pulling that from your butt?

It's already been established you don't even know what the definition of a mass shooting is, numb nuts.

Doesn't matter at that point. If you don't fight back, you are going to be killed. There isn't going to be any "running by."

In real life.. It does matter. In a scenario like that how are you going to fire back? Tell people to stop running because I have a gun?

If you can't get a shot off, then you can't get a shot off. You just have to wait. But at least a have a chance. try a little deception, you have the element of surprise as they don't expect anyone to be armed. You have a brain. Its how people have fought against the odds for millennia.

Is more detail really necessary?

What chance? You probably run over by people in panic. Sure you are going to stay there and wait for a clear shot.

If the people were running they would have run over the shooters in the theatre stupid. The normal response for people is to drop to the ground. Before you open your trap I suggest you actually research the subject just a little bit. You have no clue what the hell you're talking about. None.

No dumb shit. They will be running away from the shooter. Not towards the shooter stupid. How many mass shooting you know that they drop to the ground? Cause you are such a tough stupid shit you are going towards the shooter. People did not drop to the ground they ran. The situation was they we're all caught by surprised. The concert situation was standing ovation only 89 people died.
If you want to bring your gun with you go ahead but if you are in front or next to me I will disable with my hand. How am I supposed to know you are a good guy or the bad guy?

Wrong again Tojo. Like I said instead of making a complete ass of yourself....too late, you might want to read up on the subject. If there is a place to run, people will do so. The only place where that is usually possible is OUTSIDE. Inside a building the most common response is to drop to the floor, then look for a place to hide.

Now who's playing the tough guy? If something like this went down, and a person next to you produced a weapon, you would shit yourself and cry for your momma. That's the typical progressive response.

You have not even the slightest concept of psychology, or tactics, so you are merely blowing smoke up your own ass because WE DO!

A better question, would I want hundreds of others to have guns shooting each other in the dark? Probably not.
A concert hall, a movie theater, a stadium full of gun-totin' "good guys". Of course not! How do you tell the terrorists from the uber-patriotic wacko nut jobs? Or are they the same....hmmm.

First clue as to identifying mass shooters....they shout allah ahkbar and start shooting innocent people near them

the good guys...are not shooting the innocent people around them......or shouting allah ahbar as they do it.....

Is that some sort of international rule or did you bleed out pulling that from your butt?

It's already been established you don't even know what the definition of a mass shooting is, numb nuts.

No, it's been established that you don't, little troll. These are the LAW ENFORCEMENT DEFINITIONS that have been presented to you.

No, it's been established that you don't, little troll. These are the LAW ENFORCEMENT DEFINITIONS that have been presented to you.

Let's try this again. Definition of mass shooting....go, my little strike out queen.

Let's try this again. Definition of mass shooting....go, my little strike out queen.

There are TWO definitions used by law enforcement asshat. ACTIVE SHOOTER And MASS KILLINGS. That's it. Now piss off.

There are TWO definitions used by law enforcement asshat. ACTIVE SHOOTER And MASS KILLINGS. That's it. Now piss off.

Why was "active shooter" even brought up? Nobody asked for it. Can you explain why you confused the two?

Why was "active shooter" even brought up? Nobody asked for it. Can you explain why you confused the two?

Then I suggest you go back and read the thread so you can catch up with the class.

Then I suggest you go back and read the thread so you can catch up with the class.

I remember it well, you asked me to name 3 incidents of mass shootings that didn't happen in a gun free zone. I did, you discounted one of them because it was a mass shooting of a family and somehow you felt that didn't count because that situation didn't qualify as the "law enforcement" definition of a mass shooting. I told you that you were full of shit and you came back with the definition of what an "active shooter incident" was, which finally we can both agree is not the same thing and I would add delibaratel

I think I summed that up pretty well.

Guess what? You're still wrong.

One of these days, with enough practice you are going to hit one out of the park.

I remember it well, you asked me to name 3 incidents of mass shootings that didn't happen in a gun free zone. I did, you discounted one of them because it was a mass shooting of a family and somehow you felt that didn't count because that situation didn't qualify as the "law enforcement" definition of a mass shooting. I told you that you were full of shit and you came back with the definition of what an "active shooter incident" was, which finally we can both agree is not the same thing and I would add delibaratel

One of these days, with enough practice you are going to hit one out of the park.

No, I'm right. I was merely using the language that you uneducated types are using. One of these days you might make it to the plate....but I doubt it.

No, I'm right. I was merely using the language that you uneducated types are using. One of these days you might make it to the plate....but I doubt it.

Really? I'll ask again, what is the definition of a mass shooting? Please, provide a link .

The place was on fire, why the hell do you think it was dark?

Idiot liberals always seem to think that real life people are like the morons in their fiction they read.

Listen, normal people are not like the idiots in your novels. In real life almost everyone is at least twice as smart as you are, trust me.

Seriously, what did I lie about?
That I said it was bright as daylight in the theater.

Oh, I see your confusion. I was being factious about your post, here it is:

"The place was on fire, why the hell do you think it was dark?"

I assumed you thought it was lit up in the theater. This should be pretty obvious.

Anyway, by all accounts it was dark, there is video of it.

Another dumbass question. Yes some would want a gun. It's a reasonable response to an unreasonable situation.

If you were having a heart attack, would you want to have a portable defibrillator? You're something like 3 billion times more likely to die of a heart attack than in a shooting so instead of carrying a gun, you should be carrying a defibrillator. Why aren't you carrying one?

I still have visions of hundreds of armed, scared and minimally-trained Parisians with pistols (who want to live) blasting away in the dark at highly-trained suicide terrorists with automatic weapons (who want to die). Anyone else have those visions?

Yes. And I see 8 dead terrorists and a LOT fewer dead innocents. You do realize don't you dumbass, that they were lined up and shot? You think that those 8 terrorists could have done that if even a third of those were armed? You're pretty fucking stupid even by Democrat standards.

Another dumbass question. Yes some would want a gun. It's a reasonable response to an unreasonable situation.

If you were having a heart attack, would you want to have a portable defibrillator? You're something like 3 billion times more likely to die of a heart attack than in a shooting so instead of carrying a gun, you should be carrying a defibrillator. Why aren't you carrying one?
I doubt that a 30 year old stands as much chance of having a heart attack as getting mugged, robbed, assaulted or killed by criminal violence.

Why do you seem to think that a gun is only to protect you in a shooting?

I think I finally understand where the anti-gun folks get their ideas; gangs. Clearly they have zero concept of how responsible gun owner's act. No responsible gun owner is going to be firing willy-nilly into a crowd, that is the kind of shit criminals and gang bangers do. A gun owner takes an opportunity only if it arises because they are looking at the situation from a self-preservation/safety of others aspect - not looking for "fame," looking to be "cool," or looking to do "maximum damage" like gang bangers do. It is always about control, control of yourself, of the situation, of the criminal element you face. You get out of the line of fire, yourself and anyone near by, /then/ you return fire if you are confident of a shot.

No responsible gun owner would condone nor engage in the Rambo-esk spray and pray into a crowd of innocent unarmed people scenario you idiots portend would occur so just stop it.

I think I finally understand where the anti-gun folks get their ideas; gangs. Clearly they have zero concept of how responsible gun owner's act. No responsible gun owner is going to be firing willy-nilly into a crowd, that is the kind of shit criminals and gang bangers do. A gun owner takes an opportunity only if it arises because they are looking at the situation from a self-preservation/safety of others aspect - not looking for "fame," looking to be "cool," or looking to do "maximum damage" like gang bangers do. It is always about control, control of yourself, of the situation, of the criminal element you face. You get out of the line of fire, yourself and anyone near by, /then/ you return fire if you are confident of a shot.

No responsible gun owner would condone nor engage in the Rambo-esk spray and pray into a crowd of innocent unarmed people scenario you idiots portend would occur so just stop it.

Who ever said gun owners were responsible?
32,000 gun deaths a year prove otherwise

How many responsible gun owners attend an Eagles of Death Metal concert?

I think I finally understand where the anti-gun folks get their ideas; gangs. Clearly they have zero concept of how responsible gun owner's act. No responsible gun owner is going to be firing willy-nilly into a crowd, that is the kind of shit criminals and gang bangers do. ....
Hell no, the ammo is too damned expensive to do that.

In real life.. It does matter. In a scenario like that how are you going to fire back? Tell people to stop running because I have a gun?

If you can't get a shot off, then you can't get a shot off. You just have to wait. But at least a have a chance. try a little deception, you have the element of surprise as they don't expect anyone to be armed. You have a brain. Its how people have fought against the odds for millennia.

Is more detail really necessary?

What chance? You probably run over by people in panic. Sure you are going to stay there and wait for a clear shot.

If the people were running they would have run over the shooters in the theatre stupid. The normal response for people is to drop to the ground. Before you open your trap I suggest you actually research the subject just a little bit. You have no clue what the hell you're talking about. None.

No dumb shit. They will be running away from the shooter. Not towards the shooter stupid. How many mass shooting you know that they drop to the ground? Cause you are such a tough stupid shit you are going towards the shooter. People did not drop to the ground they ran. The situation was they we're all caught by surprised. The concert situation was standing ovation only 89 people died.
If you want to bring your gun with you go ahead but if you are in front or next to me I will disable with my hand. How am I supposed to know you are a good guy or the bad guy?

Wrong again Tojo. Like I said instead of making a complete ass of yourself....too late, you might want to read up on the subject. If there is a place to run, people will do so. The only place where that is usually possible is OUTSIDE. Inside a building the most common response is to drop to the floor, then look for a place to hide.

Now who's playing the tough guy? If something like this went down, and a person next to you produced a weapon, you would shit yourself and cry for your momma. That's the typical progressive response.

You have not even the slightest concept of psychology, or tactics, so you are merely blowing smoke up your own ass because WE DO!

Whatever you say Rambo. What tactics? The only tactics you've mentioned is run towards the shooter. And that is very smart.

When I am somewhere where guys run in yelling allah ahkbar, and shooting people, I will immediately take out my phone and google the definition of mass shooting and active shooter to see which one applies to the guys murdering people…asswipe.

Forum List

Back