if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
I think I finally understand where the anti-gun folks get their ideas; gangs. Clearly they have zero concept of how responsible gun owner's act. No responsible gun owner is going to be firing willy-nilly into a crowd, that is the kind of shit criminals and gang bangers do. A gun owner takes an opportunity only if it arises because they are looking at the situation from a self-preservation/safety of others aspect - not looking for "fame," looking to be "cool," or looking to do "maximum damage" like gang bangers do. It is always about control, control of yourself, of the situation, of the criminal element you face. You get out of the line of fire, yourself and anyone near by, /then/ you return fire if you are confident of a shot.

No responsible gun owner would condone nor engage in the Rambo-esk spray and pray into a crowd of innocent unarmed people scenario you idiots portend would occur so just stop it.

Who ever said gun owners were responsible?
32,000 gun deaths a year prove otherwise

How many responsible gun owners attend an Eagles of Death Metal concert?

And again you lie….

there were 505 accidental shooting deaths in 2013….

13 million people carry guns for self defense in the united states

320 million guns are in private hands

1.5 million times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack

Criminals use guns to murder 8,124 people, in 2014, most of the victims are other criminals

20,000 people use guns to take their own lives

19,000 people take their own lives without guns

So you are an idiot…….normal gun owners are responsible and take gun ownership as something to be done with caution and care…..the democrats, who do most of the criminal shooting are the ones you need to talk to….

----------

In France…none…it is against the law for normal people to own or carry handguns in france….

Terrorists and criminals, however, get fully automatic rifles and even bring them to Eagles of Death Metal concerts….

twit.

I think I finally understand where the anti-gun folks get their ideas; gangs. Clearly they have zero concept of how responsible gun owner's act. No responsible gun owner is going to be firing willy-nilly into a crowd, that is the kind of shit criminals and gang bangers do. A gun owner takes an opportunity only if it arises because they are looking at the situation from a self-preservation/safety of others aspect - not looking for "fame," looking to be "cool," or looking to do "maximum damage" like gang bangers do. It is always about control, control of yourself, of the situation, of the criminal element you face. You get out of the line of fire, yourself and anyone near by, /then/ you return fire if you are confident of a shot.

No responsible gun owner would condone nor engage in the Rambo-esk spray and pray into a crowd of innocent unarmed people scenario you idiots portend would occur so just stop it.

300 million guns are in the hands of responsible gun owners. The majority of gun deaths are via suicide which you well know but blissfully ignore. Funny how on one side you progressives fight like hell to legalize suicide and wish to allow doctors to assist in the practice, you also condone the killing of 1.5 million people every year through abortion yet feel that suicide by gun (which is a hell of a lot more humane than strangling yourself like Robin Williams did) is somehow evil.

So that leaves 8,000 people who are killed by guns every year. Out of a population of 300,000,000. And lo and behold the overwhelming majority of those killings are black and Hispanic gang members killing each other. So.....8,000 out of 300,000,000.

You were saying?

And again you lie….

Criminals use guns to murder 8,124 people, in 2014, most of the victims are other criminals

So you are an idiot…….normal gun owners are responsible and take gun ownership as something to be done with caution and care…..the democrats, who do most of the criminal shooting are the ones you need to talk to….

----------

In France…none…it is against the law for normal people to own or carry handguns in france….

Terrorists and criminals, however, get fully automatic rifles and even bring them to Eagles of Death Metal concerts….

twit.

RW ignores all facts that refute his pin headed POV. And yes, he is a liar. No matter. The fact remains that had a few people been armed in the theatre the death toll would be lower. We have been in touch with family in Paris and there are many people there who are advocating for that now.

If you can't get a shot off, then you can't get a shot off. You just have to wait. But at least a have a chance. try a little deception, you have the element of surprise as they don't expect anyone to be armed. You have a brain. Its how people have fought against the odds for millennia.

Is more detail really necessary?

What chance? You probably run over by people in panic. Sure you are going to stay there and wait for a clear shot.

If the people were running they would have run over the shooters in the theatre stupid. The normal response for people is to drop to the ground. Before you open your trap I suggest you actually research the subject just a little bit. You have no clue what the hell you're talking about. None.

No dumb shit. They will be running away from the shooter. Not towards the shooter stupid. How many mass shooting you know that they drop to the ground? Cause you are such a tough stupid shit you are going towards the shooter. People did not drop to the ground they ran. The situation was they we're all caught by surprised. The concert situation was standing ovation only 89 people died.
If you want to bring your gun with you go ahead but if you are in front or next to me I will disable with my hand. How am I supposed to know you are a good guy or the bad guy?

Wrong again Tojo. Like I said instead of making a complete ass of yourself....too late, you might want to read up on the subject. If there is a place to run, people will do so. The only place where that is usually possible is OUTSIDE. Inside a building the most common response is to drop to the floor, then look for a place to hide.

Now who's playing the tough guy? If something like this went down, and a person next to you produced a weapon, you would shit yourself and cry for your momma. That's the typical progressive response.

You have not even the slightest concept of psychology, or tactics, so you are merely blowing smoke up your own ass because WE DO!

Whatever you say Rambo. What tactics? The only tactics you've mentioned is run towards the shooter. And that is very smart.

Where did I ever say that mr retard? No, the tactic is to lay low. Identify the target, and shoot him when he isn't looking. Not heroic by any stretch of the imagination. But it's damned effective. Unlike your flailing about screaming for your mommy.

And again you lie….

----------

twit.
Do you consider suicide as a responsible use of a gun?

And again you lie….

----------

twit.
Do you consider suicide as a responsible use of a gun?

Do you support doctor assisted suicide? I do for the record.

The conservative "solution" of armed concert goers is laughable

Well trained police have a hard enough time making good decisions under thoe conditions......Conservatives want to arm drunk twenty something year olds and expect a good outcome

What happens in all those concerts where there aren't terrorists but just a bunch of armed drunk twentysomething year olds?

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

Given the source, I'm not surprised by this false dilemma.

How many would prefer that security be tight and that no one be admitted into a public arena with a gun or suicide belt?

Well trained police have a hard enough time making good decisions under thoe conditions......Conservatives want to arm drunk twenty something year olds and expect a good outcome

What happens in all those concerts where there aren't terrorists but just a bunch of armed drunk twentysomething year olds?

Most of the time police have little issue making good decisions, but yea there are a few bad apples. I'm sure there's a few bad apple gun owners too. But you don't tie the hands of millions because 1 in a million might be a moron...

It is a LAW that if you are carrying concealed you may not drink or be under the influence of any other drug. Violate that law and you lose the CCW and can end up in jail. They enforce that law with vigor. Care to bet on the percentage of people who violate that law? I can think of one here in Nevada and guess what...it was a Democrat politician.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

How many would prefer that security be tight and that no one be admitted into a public arena with a gun or suicide belt?

How are you going to enforce that level of security? The assailants are going to shoot the guards and then waltz in and kill per normal. Didn't think about it too much did you....

Most of the time police have little issue making good decisions, but yea there are a few bad apples. I'm sure there's a few bad apple gun owners too. But you don't tie the hands of millions because 1 in a million might be a moron...

The problem is that it only takes a few morons to inflict great carnage

I agree that most gun owners are responsible. But with 32,000 gun deaths a year, we are paying a horrific cost for those who are irresponsible

Also, with a gun, it only takes a split second to turn from a responsible gun owner to an irresponsible one

It is a LAW that if you are carrying concealed you may not drink or be under the influence of any other drug. Violate that law and you lose the CCW and can end up in jail. They enforce that law with vigor. Care to bet on the percentage of people who violate that law? I can think of one here in Nevada and guess what...it was a Democrat politician.

Interesting point
Thanks for posting

I agree that most gun owners are responsible. But with 32,000 gun deaths a year, we are paying a horrific cost for those who are irresponsible

Also, with a gun, it only takes a split second to turn from a responsible gun owner to an irresponsible one

As opposed to what, the terrorists who are mowing down innocent unarmed civilians one by one? Thanks, I'll take my chances with the 1 in a million moron gun owner. I'd much rather be shot by "friendly fire" than a fucking terrorist... At least in that situation I had died in the defense of innocent lives.

As opposed to what, the terrorists who are mowing down innocent unarmed civilians one by one? Thanks, I'll take my chances with the 1 in a million moron gun owner. I'd much rather be shot by "friendly fire" than a fucking terrorist... At least in that situation I had died in the defense of innocent lives.

In order to do that, you will have to arm large number of concert goers, sporting event fans anywhere where large numbers of people congregate

You really want rival sports fans to be armed?

Takes "kill the umpire" to a new level

I'd love to reply further in this thread but I've been accused of trolling because someone called me a liar but wouldn't back up their claim.

So, thanks Whitehall, I'll stay away from this thread and any other you contribute to. Feel free to delete the post and do what you have to do.

In order to do that, you will have to arm large number of concert goers, sporting event fans anywhere where large numbers of people congregate

You really want rival sports fans to be armed?

Takes "kill the umpire" to a new level

I don't do sports, but to put it bluntly here, I'm an American and I believe that /all/ Americans may be armed, regardless of their sports team, politics, or religion. I have just as much concern for drunken shootings as I do drunk drivers. This doesn't mean I want to ban cars, just the same as I don't want to ban gun ownership.

Do you think they routinely let in AK-47 rifles and suicide vests into that concert hall or stadium…twit. And at the point where they walked into the stadium and the guard said…excuse me…we don't allow fully automatic rifles in this concert hall…or France……how do they stop him exactly from entering the hall anyway? Since he has a fully automatic rifle?

Forum List

Back