IL bans self service gas?

Which all that did was increase our grocery bill. Ethanol was and is a scam. What did they think would happen when we burn up our own food supply?

Fuk up your small engines too. Buy non ethanol if you can, we can here. Or get premium. My Vette needs it, so do my small engines, 13 of them.

Everywhere you go they have ethanol. I read the pumps every time I fill up.

Because I do not want my quarter panel gouged by a gas pump. I do not want my gas cap stolen. I do not want a tank of the wrong grade gas. I do not want the last quart dribbled down the side of my car. I do not want the pump jockey leaning against my car, gouging my paint with the buttons on his pants. I do not want to hand the dude my credit card to clone.

Good point. Get within 15 feet of my Vette you meet MR 1911.

I live in NJ and we ban self serve

Best thing we ever did
Did you get rid of the circles? That would be the best thing you ever did.

How about getting rid of the signs on 95N "Uphill grade, maintain speed" Are NJ residents that fuking dumb they need a sign they are going uphill? Not to mention ever see one doing less than 85mph in a 65 zone while texting?
A couple months ago they put up signs on Route 1 (our main thoroughfare) just before every blind hill, saying a blind hill was blocking the view. My reaction was exactly the same--just how fucking stupid do you think we are? Duh. We can't see over the hill, hence it is a blind hill and a sign 50 yrds before you drive over the crest isn't going to do you one damned bit of good anyway, even if you are stupid enough to need the sign, because if there's a vehicle in your lane on the other side of the hill, you're dead meat--there's no way out, not even a paved shoulder.

A lot of people drive around mindlessly. The sign is a warning to those who are sleeping behind the wheel which are many of them. As a truck driver, I seen what people are doing in their cars when I look down. Always with the cell phone or iPad, always looking around like there's really something to see. Just not keeping their eyes on the road.

Is full service still mandatory in Oregon? I visited back in like 1998 and they fucking freaked out when I tried to put gas on my rental car on my own. You would have thought I robbed the fucking place.

They must have repealed that stupid fucking law, right?
Nope it's still no self service except at certain stations at night. Someone said it's a rightwing thing but Oregon is a liberal state. The number of jobs this creates is enormous state wide. The local Fred Mayer must have 15 or 20 station attendants. As for costing more our gas in Brookings is 95 to cents less than Crescent City Ca. Which is 23 miles south. Why not have the jobs?

A lot of people drive around mindlessly. The sign is a warning to those who are sleeping behind the wheel which are many of them. As a truck driver, I seen what people are doing in their cars when I look down. Always with the cell phone or iPad, always looking around like there's really something to see. Just not keeping their eyes on the road.

I gave up truck driving when it went from Class 2 and 3 to CDL and you had to ask the trooper to hold the jar while you pissed in it on the side of the road. Hope you get to avoid New England and CA. Good luck to you, I'd rather starve than drive with the stupid again.

Is full service still mandatory in Oregon? I visited back in like 1998 and they fucking freaked out when I tried to put gas on my rental car on my own. You would have thought I robbed the fucking place.

They must have repealed that stupid fucking law, right?
Nope it's still no self service except at certain stations at night. Someone said it's a rightwing thing but Oregon is a liberal state. The number of jobs this creates is enormous state wide. The local Fred Mayer must have 15 or 20 station attendants. As for costing more our gas in Brookings is 95 to cents less than Crescent City Ca. Which is 23 miles south. Why not have the jobs?
I thought burger flipper jobs were baaaaaddd...veeerrry baaadddd , which is about what this is

Why in hell would ANY of you begrudge someone a job? What is wrong with people? Getting up and going to work in all weathers to pump gas and check oil for people is not welfare. It is honest work. I haven't met a stoner drop out working at a gas station in ages. You all are being ridiculous.

I gave up truck driving when it went from Class 2 and 3 to CDL and you had to ask the trooper to hold the jar while you pissed in it on the side of the road. Hope you get to avoid New England and CA. Good luck to you, I'd rather starve than drive with the stupid again.

They just made more regulations that put me out of a job. Bureaucrats seem to know more than doctors with our government today. I was local and just stayed in Ohio. I applied for disability, but who knows how that will go. I'm a few months from being 60. I have no idea what else they expect me to do at this point. I spent 30 years driving a tractor-trailer. It's a little too late to get training and start a new career, even if I could find somebody willing to hire a 61 year old rookie at something.

They just made more regulations that put me out of a job. Bureaucrats seem to know more than doctors with our government today. I was local and just stayed in Ohio. I applied for disability, but who knows how that will go. I'm a few months from being 60. I have no idea what else they expect me to do at this point. I spent 30 years driving a tractor-trailer. It's a little too late to get training and start a new career, even if I could find somebody willing to hire a 61 year old rookie at something.
What happened to you?

Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen!

It’s been years since I stopped for gas in NJ because of that nonsense.
Your loss

I’ll sit in my car, you run around in the rain and cold
And when the gas attendant gets chronic lung disease from pumping gas all day..............you'll say what..........should have gotten a better job........OH WELL........

\We don't get hardly any exposure.......the gas attendants will............because they will be doing it all day.........

Do you want them to use the PROPER PPE then.....and wear Respirators all day due to long term exposure........

hmmm

You demodumbass clowns sure do reach a long way to grasp at straws. LOL
I'm not a Dem.............Work in a Refinery.........for a long time...

So I repeat my question on Full Service.............Is there LONG TERM CHRONIC problems to pumping gas all day long..........

Why is that question so difficult for you...........hmmm
No there is not. There used to be at one time but now the pump nozzles have recovery caps. There isn't even a whiff of gasoline odor.

I have not seen any manned gas stations since the 80s. It has never bothered me in the slightest. All the pumping stations are covered so you are protected in the rain.

Is there any reason why this ancient labor practice is coming back?
I wear 4 gas monitors at work........Hate the dang things.........but every time we pump gas at the pumps for our trucks there..........the LEL goes off...............So much so that I take the thing off before I pump gas.

It doesn't lie................It senses the gas...........Is that couple of minutes really harmful to me......NOPE.......But if I pump it all day long...........YUP.

That is my point and I stand by it.............

Why in hell would ANY of you begrudge someone a job? What is wrong with people? Getting up and going to work in all weathers to pump gas and check oil for people is not welfare. It is honest work. I haven't met a stoner drop out working at a gas station in ages. You all are being ridiculous.
Which part of I think I should have the Freedom to pump my own gas don't you get........

I haven't chimed in on whether I like it or not........I did use them a long time ago for letting them check the oil, tires, and washer fluid.......was worth the extra money..........BUT IT WAS OPTIONAL......

Most of my posts have been on the long term exposure to the fumes..........Benzene being an issue as well..........and everyone just goes zooming on by it..................While I don't agree with being an OSHA COWBOY.....because some of their rules are BS..............I understand the effects now of long term exposure to hazardous chemicals and fumes.............which is why I brought it up on the this thread.

Those hazards have been ignored by every poster on this thread but me...........HAVE A NICE DAY.

What happened to you?

I always had disabilities, but they let me drive with a lot of restrictions. I have to take a DOT physical every year, and when I developed another medical condition, the government doctor told me late last year he wouldn't give me my medical card. He told me it was time to hang it up.

Just a few years ago, they allowed your own doctor to make the determination if you could drive or not. But some genius bureaucrat came up with a brilliant idea: have a government doctor that doesn't treat your conditions make that decision. It took me five or six weeks to find this one guy willing to stick his neck out for me, but now he said he can no longer do it. If they left it the way it was, I'm sure my doctors would have signed me out.

So when do you think NJ, Il and Oregon will ban electric cars because they are job killers?

Yeah, you're pretty much fucked after age 60. You might find something doing deliveries for a local pharmacy, or business, but it wouldn't pay like big rig driving.

In Canada, you can take an early pension at age 60, but in a reduced amount. It's not enough to live on. When I first moved out here I worked in a local law office and for a couple years, but the lawyer was an asshole, and the pay was crap, As soon as I settled up with my ex husband and got my new home together, I quit.. I retired at age 66.

I'm all set now until I have to move into assisted living. Life is good.

Forum List

Back