Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism

Read the OP and tell she me what she has said that is unamerican.
It's time to stop listening to Trumps lies.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

Throughout history, demagogues have used state power to target minority communities and political enemies, often culminating in state violence. Today, we face that threat in our own country, where the president of the United States is using the influence of our highest office to mount racist attacks on communities across the land. In recent weeks, he has lashed out unprompted against four freshman Democrats in the House of Representatives: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and me, from Minnesota.

Last week, as President Trump watched the crowd at one of his rallies chant “Send her back,” aimed at me and my family, I was reminded of times when such fearmongering was allowed to flourish. I also couldn’t help but remember the horrors of civil war in Somalia that my family and I escaped, the America we expected to find and the one we actually experienced.

The president’s rally will be a defining moment in American history. It reminds us of the grave stakes of the coming presidential election: that this fight is not merely about policy ideas; it is a fight for the soul of our nation. The ideals at the heart of our founding — equal protection under the law, pluralism, religious liberty — are under attack, and it is up to all of us to defend them.

Having survived civil war in my home country as a child, I cherish these values. In Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, I saw grade-school children as young as me holding assault rifles in the streets. I spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya, where there was no formal schooling or even running water. But my family and I persevered, fortified by our deep solidarity with one another, the compassion of others and the hope of a better life in the United States.

The America we arrived in was different from the one my grandfather had hoped to find. The land of opportunity he imagined was in fact full of challenges. People identified me in ways that were foreign to me: immigrant, black. I learned that these identities carried stigmas, and I experienced prejudice as a visibly Muslim woman.

But the beauty of this country is not that our democracy is perfect. It’s that embedded in our Constitution and democratic institutions are the tools to make it better. It was in the diverse community of Minneapolis — the very community that welcomed me home with open arms after Mr. Trump’s attacks against me last week — where I learned the true value of democracy. I started attending political caucuses with my grandfather, who cherished democracy as only someone who has experienced its absence could. I soon recognized that the only way to ensure that everyone in my community had a voice was by participating in the democratic process.

Opinion | Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism

She's an UnAmerican asshat just like you, but with different motives.

She'd be a patriot if Obama was president and she opposed his policies like she opposes Trumps. You, are un American..

She'd be a patriot to Somalia and Islam and I am 9th generation American, black boy. I do know blacks whose family were here before America.
How American is your ass? Not very. According to your posts, all you want is a handout from Uncle Sugar. I just want Uncle Sugar to leave us alone.
Trust me, we can make it by ourselves.
Not the American farmers. They can't make it. They want a bailout for their stupid lazy asses.

When's the last time you did a hay day, hmm? Your snowflake leftist ass could not handle one, fuck you. What is it you provide for America annually? Jack shit? Fuck you, you leftist piece of shit, then. You are worthless, obsolete! What exactly do you contribute to society? I provide a service people need, you? What do you do?

Educate me then. What am I supposed to say to a person "of color" disparaging my country and I think they may be happier somewhere else?

Keep in mind, I have told people in my own family (blood related) to leave. So why should I treat people "of color" differently?

Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Jews and other minorities think they deserve special treatment.

We have to blame ourselves.

We should have never stopped the practice of shunning.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

Throughout history, demagogues have used state power to target minority communities and political enemies, often culminating in state violence. Today, we face that threat in our own country, where the president of the United States is using the influence of our highest office to mount racist attacks on communities across the land. In recent weeks, he has lashed out unprompted against four freshman Democrats in the House of Representatives: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and me, from Minnesota.

Last week, as President Trump watched the crowd at one of his rallies chant “Send her back,” aimed at me and my family, I was reminded of times when such fearmongering was allowed to flourish. I also couldn’t help but remember the horrors of civil war in Somalia that my family and I escaped, the America we expected to find and the one we actually experienced.

The president’s rally will be a defining moment in American history. It reminds us of the grave stakes of the coming presidential election: that this fight is not merely about policy ideas; it is a fight for the soul of our nation. The ideals at the heart of our founding — equal protection under the law, pluralism, religious liberty — are under attack, and it is up to all of us to defend them.

Having survived civil war in my home country as a child, I cherish these values. In Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, I saw grade-school children as young as me holding assault rifles in the streets. I spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya, where there was no formal schooling or even running water. But my family and I persevered, fortified by our deep solidarity with one another, the compassion of others and the hope of a better life in the United States.

The America we arrived in was different from the one my grandfather had hoped to find. The land of opportunity he imagined was in fact full of challenges. People identified me in ways that were foreign to me: immigrant, black. I learned that these identities carried stigmas, and I experienced prejudice as a visibly Muslim woman.

But the beauty of this country is not that our democracy is perfect. It’s that embedded in our Constitution and democratic institutions are the tools to make it better. It was in the diverse community of Minneapolis — the very community that welcomed me home with open arms after Mr. Trump’s attacks against me last week — where I learned the true value of democracy. I started attending political caucuses with my grandfather, who cherished democracy as only someone who has experienced its absence could. I soon recognized that the only way to ensure that everyone in my community had a voice was by participating in the democratic process.

She'd be a patriot if Obama was president and she opposed his policies like she opposes Trumps. You, are un American..

She'd be a patriot to Somalia and Islam and I am 9th generation American, black boy. I do know blacks whose family were here before America.
How American is your ass? Not very. According to your posts, all you want is a handout from Uncle Sugar. I just want Uncle Sugar to leave us alone.
Not the American farmers. They can't make it. They want a bailout for their stupid lazy asses.

When's the last time you did a hay day, hmm? Your snowflake leftist ass could not handle one, fuck you. What is it you provide for America annually? Jack shit? Fuck you, you leftist piece of shit, then.

I'm not a farmer. I don't need a handout. Fact is, farmers CAN'T make it on their own. Dotard.

When's the last time you did a hay day, hmm? Your snowflake leftist ass could not handle one, fuck you. What is it you provide for America annually? Jack shit? Fuck you, you leftist piece of shit, then.

I'm not a farmer. I don't need a handout. Fact is, farmers CAN'T make it on their own. Dotard.

You can't make it without farmers or on your own, bitch. You're fucked.

This is the life you have chosen for yourself.

Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Jews and other minorities think they deserve special treatment.

IM2 sure does. He's just another sniveling bitch who loves his own racism, but cries about fake racism to make excuses for being a failure.

He creates a thread called, Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism, but forgets that it is Omar who is the antisemite and Jew-hater. She is the real racist doing what all Liberals do, accuse others of the very racism that they themselves are guilty of.

As for IM2, he's just a stupid ghetto crackhead.

I have to laugh at the prime beneficiary of affirmative action that is part of a protected class, talking their ignorant shit. I helped build 3 businesses and retired at 52. I didn't marry upward mobility. I built what I have. You didn't. Your husband did.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

When's the last time you did a hay day, hmm? Your snowflake leftist ass could not handle one, fuck you. What is it you provide for America annually? Jack shit? Fuck you, you leftist piece of shit, then. You are worthless, obsolete! What exactly do you contribute to society? I provide a service people need, you? What do you do?

Farmers get paid for what they provide. If they can't figure out how to make a profit, that's on them. Figure it out. Not my fault.

And they need to quit running to Uncle Sugar to keep bailing out their sorry stupid asses. They already steal $20 BILLION per year from the taxpayer.

Hey, are you a farmer that needs a bailout by any chance?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I can make it without AMERICAN farmers because *I* can get to downtown Tijuana in 20 minutes. I have plenty of food. That's the life I chose.

You might be fucked in Alabama. And you won't be able to get an abortion either. You are double-fucked.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

race card.jpg

IM2 sure does. He's just another sniveling bitch who loves his own racism, but cries about fake racism to make excuses for being a failure.

He creates a thread called, Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism, but forgets that it is Omar who is the antisemite and Jew-hater. She is the real racist doing what all Liberals do, accuse others of the very racism that they themselves are guilty of.

As for IM2, he's just a stupid ghetto crackhead.

I have to laugh at the prime beneficiary of affirmative action that is part of a protected class, talking their ignorant shit. I helped build 3 businesses and retired at 52. I didn't marry upward mobility. I built what I have. You didn't. Your husband did.
An integral part of every IM2 post:
meth pipe.jpg

Omar broke our immigration laws...and now she is calling my president a racist....send her back until she learns to appreciate America...

No she didn't.
That is up in the air. It is being investigated and she refuses to cooperate with the investigation. Why? Guilty?

It's not up in the air. It's a right wing lie, much like Obama being Kenyan.
If you need me to translate for you just let me know....

Omar Faces Questions After Report Fails to Disprove She Married Her Brother to Protect His Immigration Status

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

That’s true. But it’s also not enough to condemn her anti semitism

I can make it without AMERICAN farmers because *I* can get to downtown Tijuana in 20 minutes. I have plenty of food. That's the life I chose.

You might be fucked in Alabama. And you won't be able to get an abortion either. You are double-fucked.

Can you make it back? Is the question. I don't need no abortions. :uhoh3:

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

So you'd rather be "not America", amirite?

Actually we can. I've done more hay days than you ever will. Farmers get handouts.

Every year.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

So you'd rather be "not America", amirite?
Your response isn’t English. Try again

And both things can be true. Or are complicated concepts beyond you?

Never mind. Don’t bother. It’s a rhetorical question

They ain't got no real meat in Tijuana, you're FUBAR, ha-ha!
tenor.gif

Forum List

Back