Illegals already cutting through Trump's multi billion $ wall...

Before I saw that picture, I didn't really have a solid grasp of just what it is we are talking about cutting.

Yes, at least in theory, you could cut through that with a Sawzall, but it would not be easy. You'd need a special concrete cutting blade, which isn't cheap, and you'd probably wear several of them out just to make one cut. If you're using a cordless saw, then you'd need a lot of fully-charged batteries at the start.

It would take a very long time, and make a lot of noise and disturbance. You'd almost certainly attract the attention of ICE or some other law-enforcement types, long before you finished the cut.

It was cut through with a torch
It was cut through with common tools anyone can buy, you idiot.
That article was made in 2014. The newest sections of wall aren't made the same way. They are filled with concrete that has rebar in the middle of it.

Before I saw that picture, I didn't really have a solid grasp of just what it is we are talking about cutting.

Yes, at least in theory, you could cut through that with a Sawzall, but it would not be easy. You'd need a special concrete cutting blade, which isn't cheap, and you'd probably wear several of them out just to make one cut. If you're using a cordless saw, then you'd need a lot of fully-charged batteries at the start.

It would take a very long time, and make a lot of noise and disturbance. You'd almost certainly attract the attention of ICE or some other law-enforcement types, long before you finished the cut.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8eced29ca6ef_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

"In the San Diego area, smugglers have figured out how to cut the bollards and return them to their original positions, disguising the breaches in the hope that they will go unnoticed and can be reused for repeated passage."

"If damage is detected, welding crews are promptly sent to make fixes. The smugglers, however, have returned to the same bollards and cut through the welds, agents say, because the metal is softer and the concrete at the core of the bollard already has been compromised. The smugglers also have tried to trick agents by applying a type of putty with a color and texture that resembles a weld, making a severed bollard appear intact."

Some of the teams deploy lightweight ladders made from metal rebar, using them to get past the “anti-climb panels” that span the top of the barrier.

Once the lead climber reaches the top, agents say, they use hooks to hang rope ladders down the other side.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8eced29ca6ef_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

"In the San Diego area, smugglers have figured out how to cut the bollards and return them to their original positions, disguising the breaches in the hope that they will go unnoticed and can be reused for repeated passage."

"If damage is detected, welding crews are promptly sent to make fixes. The smugglers, however, have returned to the same bollards and cut through the welds, agents say, because the metal is softer and the concrete at the core of the bollard already has been compromised. The smugglers also have tried to trick agents by applying a type of putty with a color and texture that resembles a weld, making a severed bollard appear intact."

Some of the teams deploy lightweight ladders made from metal rebar, using them to get past the “anti-climb panels” that span the top of the barrier.

Once the lead climber reaches the top, agents say, they use hooks to hang rope ladders down the other side.
So you proved the wall isn't indestructible. How many illegals do you imagine can sneak through every year by cutting a hole in it, 100, 1000?

Last edited:
The Great Wall of Trump can’t be breached

article-2711138-20226E3A00000578-117_306x423.jpg

While I don't put much faith in the wall, to be fair the section pictured here was erected in 2011 and photo of its repair is from 2014.

Vehicle-sized gap cut in border fence

Well, then, you probably have a bone to pick with Trump. He promised that when he is elected, he would deport 12 million illegals in 2 years. Sounds like he has been spending too much time on the golf course, and not enough time on the job.
please put your TDS in check,,,,,

if you want to have a rational discussion then go ahead,, but if your going to have another TDS induced rant then fuck off

Apparently, your definition of a "TDS rant" is any criticism of Trump, or even calling out another of his lies.
SO YOU DIDNT KNOW POLITICIANS LIE,,,

kinda makes you a dumbass,,,
do you want to discuss the issue or fuck off??

And you are OK with the fact that he lied 66 times in a single speech in Mississippi last week. Yes, I would say that one of us really is not only a dumb-ass, but sucker as well.

I never said that,,,

can we get back to the issue at hand and not focus on your TDS

Since you keep bringing it up, you really should find a new insult other than TDS. That is SO 2018.

Absolutely. People who commit misdemeanors should be gunned down. People like speeders, and people with an once of marijuana. We trust our government to give them the authority to gun down anyone they suspect of doing those things without a trial, because we know that our government is so careful about our civil rights!

Right. Because driving over the speed limit, or possessing marijuana, is exactly comparable to committing illegal acts of war against a foreign nation.

Sorry pal. You interpretation of "act of war" is actually, nothing more than conviction of an undocumented alien, which is a misdemeanor.
What are he punishments for that?

It would seem that the Trumpettes here feel that punishment for being a suspect of commiting a misdemeanor should be death.
Illegals should be deported with no of chance of re-entry.

That would be easy. just tell them not to come back! :deal:

Biggest laugh I got from looking into this topic was watching the video accompanying an article from The Hill about the use of cordless reciprocal saw to circumvent the wall. I don't have strong feelings one way or other about Trump's wall but whatever side of the fence you're on, I figure anybody with a sense of humor will find the video side-splitting lame:
Smuggling gangs have sawed through new portions of Trump border wall: report

Last edited:

You would certainly attract a lot of ICE people cutting through it down here in AZ, where the BP stations are over 100 miles apart?

...with a power tool retailing for $100.

Smugglers are reportedly cutting holes in Trump’s newly constructed border wall with saws and power tools

How could anyone be surprised about this?

Maybe if Dems allowed the President to build a much bigger real wall. Are you proud to be an obstructionist and to see our border as a total joke?

Oh, it is the DEMOCRATS to blame for Trump's wall, which can be defeated with a $36 ladder, for not working! Yep. You caught us cold! We have been secretly sharing the secrets of ladders to the Mexicans!

...with a power tool retailing for $100.

Smugglers are reportedly cutting holes in Trump’s newly constructed border wall with saws and power tools

How could anyone be surprised about this?

Maybe if Dems allowed the President to build a much bigger real wall. Are you proud to be an obstructionist and to see our border as a total joke?

Oh, it is the DEMOCRATS to blame for Trump's wall, which can be defeated with a $36 ladder, for not working! Yep. You caught us cold! We have been secretly sharing the secrets of ladders to the Mexicans!

Bullshit. He wanted to build a much bigger and better wall. But of course obstructionist Dems who are cheerleaders for illegals invading our country, did everything they could to stop ANY work on improving the horrendous fence that is there now.

Now, I'm calling solid digestive waste from a male bovine.

I own such a reciprocating saw (AKA, “Sawzall”*), and am very familiar with its capabilities. Though I haven't been directly involved in cutting concrete, I've been around enough of it to know what it involves.

Even with the specialized blades, there's no way that a Sawzall will cut through those concrete-filled bollards in what can honestly be described as mere “minutes”. It would take a very long time to cut through those with a Sawzall, and you'd go through several batteries before you completed even one cut.

Concrete cutting is usually done with equipment that is much bigger and more powerful than a Sawzall, and highly specialized for that purpose.

———
* Though, as I said before, while the term “Sawzall” properly applies only to those reciprocating saws made by Milwaukee Tool, which owns a trademark on that name, it is common in the construction trades to use that name to refer to reciprocating saws of any brand, including my DeWalt.

You would certainly attract a lot of ICE people cutting through it down here in AZ, where the BP stations are over 100 miles apart?
How many border guards do they have, 10? Furthermore, I'm told the new sections of wall have all kinds of sensors and video cameras.

Now, I'm calling solid digestive waste from a male bovine.

I own such a reciprocating saw (AKA, “Sawzall”*), and am very familiar with its capabilities. Though I haven't been directly involved in cutting concrete, I've been around enough of it to know what it involves.

Even with the specialized blades, there's no way that a Sawzall will cut through those concrete-filled bollards in what can honestly be described as mere “minutes”. It would take a very long time to cut through those with a Sawzall, and you'd go through several batteries before you completed even one cut.

Concrete cutting is usually done with equipment that is much bigger and more powerful than a Sawzall, and highly specialized for that purpose.

———
* Though, as I said before, while the term “Sawzall” properly applies only to those reciprocating saws made by Milwaukee Tool, which owns a trademark on that name, it is common in the construction trades to use that name to refer to reciprocating saws of any brand, including my DeWalt.
Yeah, I would say it would take hours - more than enough time for border patrol to arrive. Then a few days to repair the hole. Total expenditure of effort: 120 man hours.

They won't stop until they are HURT by trying. That means shooting them in the legs while they are still in the Mexico side. Period.

The Great Wall of Trump can’t be breached

article-2711138-20226E3A00000578-117_306x423.jpg

While I don't put much faith in the wall, to be fair the section pictured here was erected in 2011 and photo of its repair is from 2014.

Vehicle-sized gap cut in border fence
"You can cut through steel, but you can't through the concrete, and then you can't through the hardened rebar. We've got it all." ~ Idiot-in-Chief
Trump is too smart for them Mexicans

They won't stop until they are HURT by trying. That means shooting them in the legs while they are still in the Mexico side. Period.

It’s not

It’s not like they have bone spurs or something

please put your TDS in check,,,,,

if you want to have a rational discussion then go ahead,, but if your going to have another TDS induced rant then fuck off

Apparently, your definition of a "TDS rant" is any criticism of Trump, or even calling out another of his lies.
SO YOU DIDNT KNOW POLITICIANS LIE,,,

kinda makes you a dumbass,,,
do you want to discuss the issue or fuck off??

And you are OK with the fact that he lied 66 times in a single speech in Mississippi last week. Yes, I would say that one of us really is not only a dumb-ass, but sucker as well.

I never said that,,,

can we get back to the issue at hand and not focus on your TDS

Since you keep bringing it up, you really should find a new insult other than TDS. That is SO 2018.

ITS AN OBSERVATION NOT AN INSULT

Forum List

Back