Illinois: Forced to enact concealed carry law

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Oh, how this must sting.
Illinois became the last state to lift its ban on the concealed carry of firearms Tuesday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The state legislature voted to override Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn’s veto of initial legislation to allow and regulate concealed carry.

After the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Illinois’s ban on concealed carry unconstitutional last December, legislators were required to take action by June 9 to pass laws allowing and regulating concealed carry. The court later extended the deadline to today.
Illinois becomes last state to allow concealed carry | The Daily Caller

The ruling:
7th Circuit Court overturns Illinois concealed carry ban

The particulars:
The new law will allow Illinois residents who have already obtained a firearm owner’s identification card, pass a background check and complete a 16-hour gun-safety training to obtain a permit for concealed carry. The additional permit will come at a cost of $150.
How is this not reasonable, common-sense gun control?

Congrats to my friends to the west - someday soon, you may enjoy the full rights of an American.

Oh, how this must sting.
Illinois became the last state to lift its ban on the concealed carry of firearms Tuesday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The state legislature voted to override Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn’s veto of initial legislation to allow and regulate concealed carry.

After the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Illinois’s ban on concealed carry unconstitutional last December, legislators were required to take action by June 9 to pass laws allowing and regulating concealed carry. The court later extended the deadline to today.

The ruling:

The particulars:
The new law will allow Illinois residents who have already obtained a firearm owner’s identification card, pass a background check and complete a 16-hour gun-safety training to obtain a permit for concealed carry. The additional permit will come at a cost of $150.

Congrats to my friends to the west - someday soon, you may enjoy the full rights of an American.

So when is NYC's "may issue only to cops and other people we like" Concealed carry law going to be challenged?

Oh, how this must sting.

The ruling:

The particulars:

So when is NYC's "may issue only to cops and other people we like" Concealed carry law going to be challenged?
Beats me. How is that relevant to the issue here?

Oh, how this must sting.

The ruling:

The particulars:

From your post I havent seen any part of the law that gives law enforcement the discretion to deny a permit to anyone who meets the requirements. Since this law is crafted based on a court decsion, i would assume the rules here would apply elsewhere.

NYC's permitting process discriminates between two identical applicants based on the percieved "need" of a person for a CCW. In other words they give CCW's to people they like, and deny them to everyone else.

From your post I havent seen any part of the law that gives law enforcement the discretion to deny a permit to anyone who meets the requirements. Since this law is crafted based on a court decsion, i would assume the rules here would apply elsewhere.

NYC's permitting process discriminates between two identical applicants based on the percieved "need" of a person for a CCW. In other words they give CCW's to people they like, and deny them to everyone else.

Well no.

They give Concealed carry to people that really need that kind of protection..and deny it to yahooes who think they are Dirty Harry.

From your post I havent seen any part of the law that gives law enforcement the discretion to deny a permit to anyone who meets the requirements.
yes - because IL has crafted a shall-issue permit system.

Since this law is crafted based on a court decsion...
It is not.
The decision did not specify how the law had to allow for concealed carry, only that the state could not constitutionally prohibit it - the state was left to its own devices as to how to do so, knowing that if it did not replace the law that was struck by the court, there would then be NO restriction on carrying concealed weapons.

I would assume the rules here would apply elsewhere.
They apply in the area under the 7th circuit jurisdiction, until such time as the SCotUS upholds it, after which it applies everywhere.
This is, of course, why IL will not appeal.

Indeed - NY is a may issue state. Pretty easy to see how NY law is arbitrary.

Last edited:
Wow... not even a comment about how conservatives are all for judicial activsm when it suits them.

Isn't that self-evident?

How many times do you need to hear it?

It's funny how bed wetters like swallow repeat each others ad nausem, and then pretend that just because they regurgitate the same thing over and over that means it's true.

Goebbels said:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

Well no.

They give Concealed carry to people that really need that kind of protection..and deny it to yahooes who think they are Dirty Harry.
Further evidence that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

I am sure that the CCL will stop all the gun violence.
Who claimed that it would?

Don't you love how bed wetters like Moonbat argue? It's always an extreme with them.

If you don't believe in MMGW, you like toxic waste.

If you want to reduce welfare spending, you want people to starve to death in the street. (Though I personally wouldn't care anymore)

If you don't think ovomit is the messiah, you want to eradicate all people of African decent.

They're not worth even entertaining. They're just too stupid.

Well no.

No they deny it to anyone who isnt a former police officer, fireman (i.e. government employee). They do give it if you carry large sums of money or are famous, but only grudgly.

The 2nd amendment doesnt have "only if you really really need it or are a former cop" in its text. I can have the exact same background, lack of criminal record, and lack of mental health issues than someone else, but I will get denied and they will get approved for the simple reason that the NYPD doesnt want me to have it.

How is that equal protection under the law you progressives keep harping on?

Wow... not even a comment about how conservatives are all for judicial activsm when it suits them.

Isn't that self-evident?

It's funny how bed wetters like swallow repeat each others ad nausem, and then pretend that just because they regurgitate the same thing over and over that means it's true.

Goebbels said:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

Not really..

It's funny your infatuation with wanting to swallow the jiz of a 52 year old straight Hispanic male.

Why are you fucking fags into strange fetishes, PeterEater?

Are you doing the wide stance right now in some bodega bathroom hoping for a swallow of Hispanic day worker jiz? You flaming fruit?

Cause it might work there..

Man you conservative queers are something else. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Well no.

No they deny it to anyone who isnt a former police officer, fireman (i.e. government employee). They do give it if you carry large sums of money or are famous, but only grudgly.

The 2nd amendment doesnt have "only if you really really need it or are a former cop" in its text. I can have the exact same background, lack of criminal record, and lack of mental health issues than someone else, but I will get denied and they will get approved for the simple reason that the NYPD doesnt want me to have it.

How is that equal protection under the law you progressives keep harping on?

Contradicting yourself in one sentence..gotta love it.

And the second amendment, comes with it, an obligation to defend the state in a time of need.

It was never meant for "self" defense or overthrowing the government.

Or even hunting.

Isn't that self-evident?

Goebbels said:
Not really..
It's funny you're infatuation with wanting to swallow the jiz of a 52 year old straight Hispanic male.
Why are you fucking fags into strange fetishes, PeterEater?
Are you doing the wide stance right now in some bodega bathroom hoping for a swallow of Hispanic day worker jiz? You flaming fruit?
Cause it might work there..
Man you conservative queers are something else. :cuckoo:
Thank you for helping to prove that anti-gun loons cannot argue from anything other than emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Forum List

Back