Illinois governor says sheriff whose deputy fatally shot Sonya Massey in her home should resign

another liberal cop hating governor. he just wants the votes of blacks. people like this should never be in office.,
He has a point.

This officer had some serious issues... a bad conduct discharge from the Army and being reprimanded or dismissed from other departments.

Yet he was hired anyway.

This isn't some backwater county, this is the county that includes Springfield, the Capitol.

another liberal cop hating governor. he just wants the votes of blacks. people like this should never be in office.,
What is your opinion of this case?

I don't follow it, but, I do know that for the protection of society and the police agents themselves, bad apples, aggressive officers etc should not be officers. As was noted, they should never be hired in the first place.

Humanity needs to have a respect for human rights and law. I can't speak to the gov. opinion, but I am curious if you believe it is the right recommendation or not?

I agree with the governors assessment. This wasn’t a justified shooting.

I’ve watched the video, the woman is taking the pot off the stove, she says something about rebuking him, then he says he will shoot her in the fucking head…then pulls his gun, at seeing this she raises her hands up in protection mode and drops to the floor to hide, at this point..if the officers were concerned about a pot of boiling water, they should have backed up…instead they proceed to step forward and shoot her while she is on the ground and hiding.

The officer should be in prison.

He has a point.

This officer had some serious issues... a bad conduct discharge from the Army and being reprimanded or dismissed from other departments.

Yet he was hired anyway.

This isn't some backwater county, this is the county that includes Springfield, the Capitol.
Sorry, but nowhere in story does it describe a BCD, it states he had two DUI's in a short time and was mustered out of service, these almost always end in a General Discharge, likely other than Honorable. However its administrative, and has little impact on your life other than a uncomfortable explanation if requested of potential employer.

To be recipient of a BCD, or its kissing cousin, a Dishonorable Discharge requires a conviction in a General Court Martial, both of which equate to a felony conviction in a civilian criminal court! If such were the case, he would be barred by federal law from even possessing a firearm, or even a single round of ammunition for the remainder of his life absent a total reversal of his conviction!

General Discharges are a dime a dozen, they come in two flavors, under honorable, and other than honorable, the latter being issued to those who were subject to an administrative hearing before their command for repeated infractions of the honor code but not worthy of a General Court Martial!

Wow, republican voters going to bat for what is clearly a bad cop and trying to justify the murder of a black woman as a result.

In other news, water is wet.

I’ve watched the video, the woman is taking the pot off the stove, she says something about rebuking him, then he says he will shoot her in the fucking head…then pulls his gun, at seeing this she raises her hands up in protection mode and drops to the floor to hide, at this point..if the officers were concerned about a pot of boiling water, they should have backed up…instead they proceed to step forward and shoot her while she is on the ground and hiding.

he told he to put the pot down and she didnt ./ she was going to splash him.

he did back up she came forward to him

What is your opinion of this case?

I don't follow it, but, I do know that for the protection of society and the police agents themselves, bad apples, aggressive officers etc should not be officers. As was noted, they should never be hired in the first place.

Humanity needs to have a respect for human rights and law. I can't speak to the gov. opinion, but I am curious if you believe it is the right recommendation or not?
justified because she was gong to burn him with boiling water. his only mistakes were pushing it to were he was in house fore this to happen and the way he acted after she was shot. he didnt have a right to de clair her dead.

Another unjustified killing of a black person. Wonder where the blob will come down on this one? Has he made a statement yet?

Wrong. Massey was murdered by a cop in her home for no good reason after her calling the police over a prowler and must stand trial. He shot her in the head while she had her back to him at the sink following his instructions to pour out a pot of water.

Forum List

Back