Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

Well, to be fair, I am proud to say I live in the state where we shot Joseph Smith like the pedophile dog he was.

But that's neither here nor there.

Because juding a stupid religion as stupid isn't bigotry when 1) I specifically list my theological problems with it and 2) am not really kind to ANY religion, really. But you keep trying to play that card...

Because I told you nominating the whacky cultist was a horrible idea, you nominated him anyway, and lost an election you probably should have won...

But you took that principled stand against people who refuse to accept religions you'd never join.

"My name is Joe B...I am a religious bigot, BUT here's why. Therefore you cannot call me a religious bigot."
Or better still...
My name is JoeB....I am not a religious bigot, but those fucking Mormons..."
That's the same thing as " I am not a cultural bigot, but those fucking Italians, you know about THOSE people. They are all in the Mafia."
As I told you before, you're too stupid to realize how stupid you really are.

Hey, asshole, unless you are running out and getting your own set of Magic Underpants and signing over all your worldly goods to the Latter Day Saints, you are as "bigoted" against Mormonism as I am.

You guys only learned to love Mormons because one bullied his way to your nomination... and then proceeded to lose by being- A DOUCHEBAG. It was fun to watch, and it wasn't like I didn't warn you.

Either you accept Joseph Smith was talking to God, or you accept Mormonism is a fraud.

There really isn't a logical middle ground.

Stop projecting your shit on me.
I bear no ill will towards Mormons or the Mormon religion.
This is another moronic comment from you. By your standard, anyone who does not practice a particular religion is in your opinion, bigoted against that religion.
I'm sorry, your previous most stupid post of 2012 has just been topped.
I have drawn the conclusion that you are a perpetually pissed off liberal who thinks the world is out to get him.
There is no reasoning with you because you are irrational.
Has it dawned on you that nearly all of the posts in response to your comments are negative? What's that tell you?

[

I think you made up the whole thing about this girl.
If you didn't make up the story, post a link. Failing that, you're full of shit. \

actually, I did post a link, and you ignored it.

Which is why I don't do links. You assholes pretend you didn't see them.

and then you make the same assinine assertations.

No..Not the issue. You said you don't do links.
I read the text in the link you posted.
The story is a typically one sided human interest story.
The writer never bothered to check sources or interview representatives from the treating hospital or the insurer. That is not a news item. it is an Op-ed piece.
The following questions should have been asked, but were not.
1. What were the terms of the insurance policy?
2. What were the limits of coverage?
3. Was the proposed treatment covered under the terms of the policy?
4 Was the proposed treatment deemed experimental?
5. Had the patient followed the recommended protocols for her illness?
7 Was the patient already receiving any "no charge" or charity treatments?
8 Was the patient taking all of the prescribed medications?
9 Following the doctor's prognosis would the treatment extended the life of the patient or improved quality of life while keeping in mind the expense of treatment?
10 What was the risk the treatments/ procedures to the patient's life?
11. What is the survival rate for others in the same condition requiring the same treatment/procedures?
12. Could the hospital and the insurer have acted any differently and produced a different result?

These are just some of the questions a good journalist would have asked before typing on their computer keyboard. It is not the job of news reporters to take sides or pick winners and losers. That job is reserved for editorial writers and opinion columnists.

[

I must say, that is the most profoundly stupid comment of 2012 here on USMB.
Here's a test for you.
Do well known and famously rich liberals fall into this category of thieves?
Carefully consider your answer before you reply. The incorrect response is a trap. A trap you set for yourself. And in keeping with your room temperature IQ, for got where the trap is located.

What does this have to do with anything I said.

Do you really think that I think Soros is any less of a Douchebag than a Koch brother?
You have lambasted the rich just for being rich.
And don't bullshit me. You have NEVER stated anything negative regarding wealthy libs.
As a matter of fact, you are God Damned stupid, you apparently do not realize that Bill Gates is a huge contributor to democrat candidates and liberal causes.
Gates, Soros, The Kennedy's, Teresa Heinz, Bruce Springsteen, George Clooney, Jeanine Garafolo, Whoopi Goldberg...and many many more are typical "do as I say, not as I do limouzine liberals.
You sit at your Commodore 64 spewing vitriol towards the wealthy when the truth is most of the wealthy in this country ARE liberals.
Your problem is that you don't think. You "feel".

I haven't praised or condemned most of those liberals, but I rarely talk about rich douchebag conservatives by name other than the Koches and Romney.

But if you want to compare, hmmm..

Bill Gates- Created a product that makes all of our lives easier. Has established charitable funds and educational foundations.

Mitt Romney- went into companies, looted their assets, pension funds and medical plans so his fat wife could buy more dancing horses.

Should also be pointed out that the Clinton folks still sued Gates for anti-trust violations.

[quo

No..Not the issue. You said you don't do links.
I read the text in the link you posted.
The story is a typically one sided human interest story.
The writer never bothered to check sources or interview representatives from the treating hospital or the insurer. That is not a news item. it is an Op-ed piece.
The following questions should have been asked, but were not.
1. What were the terms of the insurance policy?
2. What were the limits of coverage?
3. Was the proposed treatment covered under the terms of the policy?
4 Was the proposed treatment deemed experimental?
5. Had the patient followed the recommended protocols for her illness?
7 Was the patient already receiving any "no charge" or charity treatments?
8 Was the patient taking all of the prescribed medications?
9 Following the doctor's prognosis would the treatment extended the life of the patient or improved quality of life while keeping in mind the expense of treatment?
10 What was the risk the treatments/ procedures to the patient's life?
11. What is the survival rate for others in the same condition requiring the same treatment/procedures?
12. Could the hospital and the insurer have acted any differently and produced a different result?

These are just some of the questions a good journalist would have asked before typing on their computer keyboard. It is not the job of news reporters to take sides or pick winners and losers. That job is reserved for editorial writers and opinion columnists.

I am reprinting this drivel (most of those answers were provided in the link I put forth, which again, is WHY I DON'T DO LINKS) because it shows the kind of inhumanity of the so-called conservatie movement and why I walked away from it. You really think any excuse to let a teenager die is okay?

Point was, her father had insurance. He had every right to expect his child would be taken care of when she got sick. Cigna did everything it could to weasel out of it. It's behavior was so bad one of their own Vice-Presidents, Wendell Potter, broke bad on them and has become an advocate for socialized medicine.

Oh, the insurance carrier for my last job. Cigna. Guess I got off lucky.

Do you really think that I think Soros is any less of a Douchebag than a Koch brother?
And don't bullshit me. You have NEVER stated anything negative regarding wealthy libs.
As a matter of fact, you are God Damned stupid, you apparently do not realize that Bill Gates is a huge contributor to democrat candidates and liberal causes.
Gates, Soros, The Kennedy's, Teresa Heinz, Bruce Springsteen, George Clooney, Jeanine Garafolo, Whoopi Goldberg...and many many more are typical "do as I say, not as I do limouzine liberals.
You sit at your Commodore 64 spewing vitriol towards the wealthy when the truth is most of the wealthy in this country ARE liberals.

I haven't praised or condemned most of those liberals, but I rarely talk about rich douchebag conservatives by name other than the Koches and Romney.

Bill Gates- Created a product that makes all of our lives easier. Has established charitable funds and educational foundations.

Mitt Romney- went into companies, looted their assets, pension funds and medical plans so his fat wife could buy more dancing horses.

Should also be pointed out that the Clinton folks still sued Gates for anti-trust violations.

You said that any CEO who has outsourced production should be hung for treason. Microsoft has outsourced production. Ergo, you think Bill Gates should be hung.

You said that any CEO who has outsourced production should be hung for treason. Microsoft has outsourced production. Ergo, you think Bill Gates should be hung.

Just because I think Gates is less of a Douchebag than Romney is, doesn't mean I don't think he's still a douchebag.

douche.jpg

But please go ahead and keep whining I don't worship at the feet of the rich like you do.

Just because I think Gates is less of a Douchebag than Romney is, doesn't mean I don't think he's still a douchebag.

douche.jpg

But please go ahead and keep whining I don't worship at the feet of the rich like you do.

Wanting to kill =/= not worshiping at their feet.

It's an easy distinction to discern, one in which you seem unable to.

Straw man argument. you are now running away from the issue by using a false offset. Romney and Bain Capital did nothing of the sort.
What you cite for example, one can go back to corp raiders such as Carl Icahn.
Icahn single handedly destroyed Eastern Airlines. He bought a controlling interest in the carrier because the break up value of the company was worth several times the value of Eastern as a whole. Eastern was being run into the ground by operating as though the carrier still had protected routes. Labor costs were skyrocketing relative to airfares.
You hold on to this ridiculous notion that labor exists in a vacuum irrespective of business or economic conditions.
France uses this model by legislating mandates that make it nearly impossible for employers to rid themselves of even the most mediocre workers. The result is 20% unemployment and a general feeling of hopelessness among the younger people.
Question...do you believe that everyone "deserves" a job?

douche.jpg

And Bill Gates is a douchebag because...........?...
He has MORE MONEY THAN YOU...
Class envy bullshit.

douche.jpg

And meanwhile back at the Illinois State Capitol, the decision by the governor stands. Oh those pesky lawyers for the Cook County workers are causing a stir, but in the end, the taxpayers will win this battle.
Tough shit and too fucking bad.
Public worker unions, the wages and gold plated benefits have gotten out of control. DONE!

And meanwhile back at the Illinois State Capitol, the decision by the governor stands. Oh those pesky lawyers for the Cook County workers are causing a stir, but in the end, the taxpayers will win this battle.
Tough shit and too fucking bad.
Public worker unions, the wages and gold plated benefits have gotten out of control. DONE!

Actually, you haven't been paying attention. The courts ordered Quinn to pay the unions what they were owed.

Straw man argument. you are now running away from the issue by using a false offset. Romney and Bain Capital did nothing of the sort.

Romney did EXACTLY that. And the funny part is, he had 18 years since Ted Kennedy beat the shit out of him with the same issue to come up with a way to spin it where he didn't look like the douchebag who laid off your dad, and he couldn't. Obama took Teddy's playbook,and beat the crap out of Romney with it.

Question...do you believe that everyone "deserves" a job?

Yes, I do. I agree with what FDR said in his 1944 state of the union, where he called for every American to have a renumerative job. He called it a second bill of rights. He also called for such radical things as garunteed retirement for every American and universal health care.

It's called making America work for everyone, not just the rich.

Forum List

Back