🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

This isn't about the Presidential election.

You're not a bigot because you think Mormonism is stupid. You're a bigot because you paint all Mormons with the same brush and judge them not as individuals but based on preconceived notions of a group. That's the definition of bigotry. I think Mormonism is stupid but I don't blacklist people from doing business with them because they're Mormoms. See how that works?

I blacklist people from doing business with me because the one time I did, they screwed me over.

That's who I am. No second chances.

But I'm glad you are admitting Mormonism is kind of stupid. Because they way you were whining about it, I halfway expected you were wearing magic underwear.

This isn't about the Presidential election.

You're not a bigot because you think Mormonism is stupid. You're a bigot because you paint all Mormons with the same brush and judge them not as individuals but based on preconceived notions of a group. That's the definition of bigotry. I think Mormonism is stupid but I don't blacklist people from doing business with them because they're Mormoms. See how that works?

I blacklist people from doing business with me because the one time I did, they screwed me over.

That's who I am. No second chances.

That's why so many people say you're a bigot. If individuals screwed you over, no one would blame you for not doing business with those individuals again. But everyone can see your bigotry when you blacklist everyone in the group for the sins of a few. It's no different than blacklisting blacks or Jews because you had a bad experience with a few blacks or Jews 30 years ago.

[

That's why so many people say you're a bigot. If individuals screwed you over, no one would blame you for not doing business with those individuals again. But everyone can see your bigotry when you blacklist everyone in the group for the sins of a few. It's no different than blacklisting blacks or Jews because you had a bad experience with a few blacks or Jews 30 years ago.

Well, no, because Jews aren't a cult.

Mormons are.

This is where you fail to see the difference.

You can't be "kind of" in a cult. You either are or you aren't. And if you are, you have to subscribe by some pretty fucked up rules.

And frankly, Romney was everything I sort of expected from a Mormon. Willing to screw people over for no reason, two-faced and untrustworthy.

And apparently the whole country thought so, too.

[

Well, no, because Jews aren't a cult.

Mormons are.

This is where you fail to see the difference.

You can't be "kind of" in a cult. You either are or you aren't. And if you are, you have to subscribe by some pretty fucked up rules.

And frankly, Romney was everything I sort of expected from a Mormon. Willing to screw people over for no reason, two-faced and untrustworthy.

And apparently the whole country thought so, too.

The "cult" is merely rationalization. Many people here who are so offended by your bigotry have dealt with Mormons and have no problems with them. But how would you know? You had a bad experience, then you haven't dealt with them since. Ironically, you probably have but didn't know it, since I'm sure you haven't asked everyone their religion before dealing with them.

FTR, anti-Semites accuse Jews of being dirty money-grubbers. It's no different than you not doing business with Mormons because you have preconceived notions about their character. No difference at all. That's why so many find your bigotry offensive.

The "cult" is merely rationalization. Many people here who are so offended by your bigotry have dealt with Mormons and have no problems with them. But how would you know? You had a bad experience, then you haven't dealt with them since. Ironically, you probably have but didn't know it, since I'm sure you haven't asked everyone their religion before dealing with them.

FTR, anti-Semites accuse Jews of being dirty money-grubbers. It's no different than you not doing business with Mormons because you have preconceived notions about their character. No difference at all. That's why so many find your bigotry offensive.

Naw, I can smell a Mormon about a mile away at this point. Not that we have a lot of them in IL.

But I won't watch a movie with a Mormon Actor, I won't patronize a business I know is run by Mormons. Because they have no character. And they belong to an evil cult. Not a rationalization, I really think they are a cult and I really think cults are evil. (as opposed to religions, which are just stupid.)

A cult is a religion that does not have good PR people.

Actually, I see it differently.

A cult is a religion where the leaders can't get over themselves.

A religion understands that as long as you keep the money coming, shit, we don't really care how you live.

A cult wants to control every aspect of your life.

So you got the MOrmons, who are told they have to tithe, they have to give testimoney, they have to send their kids off on "missions" to recruit other people into the cult, they have to weat magic underwear and they can't enjoy tobacco, coffee or alcohol. Ever.

Mormonism is a cult. And we dodged a bullet by not putting it in charge of our country.

You have a misconception of what American free enterprise capitalism is.
Wealth is earned.
I am not obligated to make sure you have any wealth.
End of story. Cry all you want but that is never changing.

Wealth isn't earned, it's stolen.

Nobody is creating eight figures of wealth personally.

No One.

If someone is getting 8 figures, it means he's ripping off a lot of people getting five figures.

Period.

I must say, that is the most profoundly stupid comment of 2012 here on USMB.
Here's a test for you.
Do well known and famously rich liberals fall into this category of thieves?
Carefully consider your answer before you reply. The incorrect response is a trap. A trap you set for yourself. And in keeping with your room temperature IQ, for got where the trap is located.

A cult is a religion that does not have good PR people.

Actually, I see it differently.

A cult is a religion where the leaders can't get over themselves.

A religion understands that as long as you keep the money coming, shit, we don't really care how you live.

A cult wants to control every aspect of your life.

So you got the MOrmons, who are told they have to tithe, they have to give testimoney, they have to send their kids off on "missions" to recruit other people into the cult, they have to weat magic underwear and they can't enjoy tobacco, coffee or alcohol. Ever.

Mormonism is a cult. And we dodged a bullet by not putting it in charge of our country.

Ya know, you are so blind to history it is a wonder you have the balls to post here. Because each time you write, you embarrass the shit out of yourself..
The same fear you express about Romney is identical to the fear expressed about JFK's Catholicism. The fear was that if JFK were to be elected the Pope would run the country.
This proved out to be false.
BTW, Baptists are told to tithe, go to church three times per week, must go out and Witness to non believers and spread the Word.
Your level of ignorance about people not like yourself is stratospheric.

Yes. Prove that it was not an oppressive and capricious government that abused its power and that the root cause was that some people had more money than others.

Boiling down such complicated events of history to a single cause is as fucking retarded as voting for someone because they belong to a particular party. Anyone who has ever actually read a book and did not get his opinions spoon fed to him would realize that.

Well, the U of I gave me a degree in history, so that makes me a fucking expert, dude.

Here's the funny thing about WWI. It almost brought the WHOLE capitalist system down. The Romanovs, the Hapsburgs, the Hohenzollerns were causing untold misery for their own people, and they damned well near all went Communist.

The Smart rich people in the west went along with seriious reforms, including an income tax, unionization and labor reform laws.

Stupid Rich people in Germany and Italy just went to a harsher form of authoritarianism (Fascism) to protect their profits, and took an even worse ass-beating.

Hmmmmmm.... the one thing we learn from history is that most of you learn nothing from history.

So you're an expert and yet you have not referenced any material that proves income inequality was the the sole cause of the upheavals you mention.

So when you say you were given a degree i guess you meant it huh?

Tell me do you think being graded on a curve makes you an expert?

A degree in history from most US Universities is most likely a liberal biased point of view of the facts. I would expect a pro union liberal to buy into the editorialized revisionist history being taught in today's public school settings.
Little do these skulls full of goose down know is that History is a study of facts. Not a point of view of those facts.
Where history teaching gets into trouble is when elitist liberals start trying to explain WHY historical events occurred. Once a person opinion enters into the transfer of information, the whole thing becomes a discussion of opinions.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Ed Hanaway of Cigna did that was worth 73 MILLION dollars.

Besides killing poor Nataline Sarkisyan, I mean.

So work hard all your life, pay into your insurance, when your kid gets sick, screw her she dies and a CEO gets a big fat 8 figure bonus...

I think it says a lot about you that you don't see all that much wrong with that.

Decent people do.

If you don't like being called a communist, stop sounding like one. "Decent people" don't say shit like "Wealth isn't earned, it's stolen." Marxists do. Literally.

You seem to have zero capability of separating individuals from groups. That's why you're a bigot towards Mormons. That's why you say I accuse "everyone of being a communist" when I have only accused you. And you take a handful of examples of egregious corporate behavior and label capitalism "evil," even though it has provided you with a standard of living that you wouldn't otherwise have.

Так сосите это коммунист, и возьмите это как человек.
I translated the Sanskrit. That's fucking funny! LOL

[

So you're an expert and yet you have not referenced any material that proves income inequality was the the sole cause of the upheavals you mention.

I don't do links unless I feel like it.

And, yeah, compared to your retarded ass, I am.

Now, I know you probably went to some Home Skule where they taught you those revolutions happened because they forgot Jesus or some such shit...

But the fact is, they were the end result of what happens when you let income inequality go to far. People let stuff burn because they have no interest in maintaining it.

Oh, you'll do links or you'll continue to get the virtual shit beaten out of you. WE make the rules here. You get no special treatment.
Typical fucking liberal elitist. Thinks he shits gold plated ice cream.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Ed Hanaway of Cigna did that was worth 73 MILLION dollars.

Besides killing poor Nataline Sarkisyan, I mean.

So work hard all your life, pay into your insurance, when your kid gets sick, screw her she dies and a CEO gets a big fat 8 figure bonus...

I think it says a lot about you that you don't see all that much wrong with that.

Decent people do.

If you don't like being called a communist, stop sounding like one. "Decent people" don't say shit like "Wealth isn't earned, it's stolen." Marxists do. Literally.

You seem to have zero capability of separating individuals from groups. That's why you're a bigot towards Mormons. That's why you say I accuse "everyone of being a communist" when I have only accused you. And you take a handful of examples of egregious corporate behavior and label capitalism "evil," even though it has provided you with a standard of living that you wouldn't otherwise have.

Horseshit. We don't have the standard of living we had 30 years ago when we drank a big glass of koolaid from a senile actor and said, "Yup, we don't need us no middle class!"

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Hanaway did to deserve 73 million. I'm still waiting for you to tell why it was a good thing they let that girl die.

Becuase, frankly, I can't clean up your industry. I'm not in it.

But you don't seem very keen on doing so.

I think you made up the whole thing about this girl.
If you didn't make up the story, post a link. Failing that, you're full of shit. \

I don't think its right.

But my worldview is a tad more expansive than looking at one or two examples and going "A-Ha! They're all like that." For example, I don't think everyone from Chicago is a bigot just because you are. See how that works?

Well, to be fair, I am proud to say I live in the state where we shot Joseph Smith like the pedophile dog he was.

But that's neither here nor there.

Because juding a stupid religion as stupid isn't bigotry when 1) I specifically list my theological problems with it and 2) am not really kind to ANY religion, really. But you keep trying to play that card...

Because I told you nominating the whacky cultist was a horrible idea, you nominated him anyway, and lost an election you probably should have won...

But you took that principled stand against people who refuse to accept religions you'd never join.

"My name is Joe B...I am a religious bigot, BUT here's why. Therefore you cannot call me a religious bigot."
Or better still...
My name is JoeB....I am not a religious bigot, but those fucking Mormons..."
That's the same thing as " I am not a cultural bigot, but those fucking Italians, you know about THOSE people. They are all in the Mafia."
As I told you before, you're too stupid to realize how stupid you really are.

So essentially, you really don't have a counter argument that you learned in "Home Skule" about why these societies murdered all their rich people, then?

I'm not the one trying to boil down historical events to a single issue, you are and you won't support your argument.

Typical of you that you want someone else to do your work for you.

I don't have to... the single issue was the proximate cause.

Every other factor was just "something else that went on" or perhaps a side-effect.

Assertions without proof are about as useful as that toilet paper degree of yours.

[

I don't do links unless I feel like it.

And, yeah, compared to your retarded ass, I am.

Now, I know you probably went to some Home Skule where they taught you those revolutions happened because they forgot Jesus or some such shit...

But the fact is, they were the end result of what happens when you let income inequality go to far. People let stuff burn because they have no interest in maintaining it.

Oh, you'll do links or you'll continue to get the virtual shit beaten out of you. WE make the rules here. You get no special treatment.
Typical fucking liberal elitist. Thinks he shits gold plated ice cream.

Well at least he has one of these to wipe his ass with

toilet-paper-diploma-60172827608.jpeg

[

Here's a test for you.
Carefully consider your answer before you reply. The incorrect response is a trap. A trap you set for yourself. And in keeping with your room temperature IQ, for got where the trap is located.

What does this have to do with anything I said.

Do you really think that I think Soros is any less of a Douchebag than a Koch brother?

I don't think its right.

But my worldview is a tad more expansive than looking at one or two examples and going "A-Ha! They're all like that." For example, I don't think everyone from Chicago is a bigot just because you are. See how that works?

Well, to be fair, I am proud to say I live in the state where we shot Joseph Smith like the pedophile dog he was.

But that's neither here nor there.

Because juding a stupid religion as stupid isn't bigotry when 1) I specifically list my theological problems with it and 2) am not really kind to ANY religion, really. But you keep trying to play that card...

Because I told you nominating the whacky cultist was a horrible idea, you nominated him anyway, and lost an election you probably should have won...

But you took that principled stand against people who refuse to accept religions you'd never join.

"My name is Joe B...I am a religious bigot, BUT here's why. Therefore you cannot call me a religious bigot."
Or better still...
My name is JoeB....I am not a religious bigot, but those fucking Mormons..."
That's the same thing as " I am not a cultural bigot, but those fucking Italians, you know about THOSE people. They are all in the Mafia."
As I told you before, you're too stupid to realize how stupid you really are.

Hey, asshole, unless you are running out and getting your own set of Magic Underpants and signing over all your worldly goods to the Latter Day Saints, you are as "bigoted" against Mormonism as I am.

You guys only learned to love Mormons because one bullied his way to your nomination... and then proceeded to lose by being- A DOUCHEBAG. It was fun to watch, and it wasn't like I didn't warn you.

Either you accept Joseph Smith was talking to God, or you accept Mormonism is a fraud.

There really isn't a logical middle ground.

[

Here's a test for you.

What does this have to do with anything I said.

Do you really think that I think Soros is any less of a Douchebag than a Koch brother?
You have lambasted the rich just for being rich.
And don't bullshit me. You have NEVER stated anything negative regarding wealthy libs.
As a matter of fact, you are God Damned stupid, you apparently do not realize that Bill Gates is a huge contributor to democrat candidates and liberal causes.
Gates, Soros, The Kennedy's, Teresa Heinz, Bruce Springsteen, George Clooney, Jeanine Garafolo, Whoopi Goldberg...and many many more are typical "do as I say, not as I do limouzine liberals.
You sit at your Commodore 64 spewing vitriol towards the wealthy when the truth is most of the wealthy in this country ARE liberals.
Your problem is that you don't think. You "feel".

Forum List

Back