Illinois village bans assault weapons, to fine violators $1,000 per day

Shall we bow before our Public Masters?

• Yes Mi'lord

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
...Incorrect. Some have permits to legally own working tanks, fully automatic weapons, armor piercing ammunition, etc. I have a friend that owns a working tank and several fully-automatic Thompson machine guns.
Permits.

Indeed.

Vetted, licensed, registered ownership, with government-granted permission.

Well-regulated.

"Your Honor, the Prosecution rests."

...Incorrect. Some have permits to legally own working tanks, fully automatic weapons, armor piercing ammunition, etc. I have a friend that owns a working tank and several fully-automatic Thompson machine guns.
Permits.

Indeed.

Well-regulated.

You said such weapons were banned. I rebutted your idiocy with the fact that some people own weapons you say are banned. Get over it.

Permits.

Indeed.

Well-regulated.

You said such weapons were banned. I rebutted your idiocy with the fact that some people own weapons you say are banned. Get over it.
Given the vast diversity of regulation from a thousand-and-one jurisdictions... weapons that are allowed under permit in some can be banned in another.

Then again, I'm not surprised that a Right Winger pounces upon the absence of such restrictions in Jurisdiction A to mean they're the same in B-Z.

Yeah, Sparky, I'm an idiot... but I'm consoled by the fact that I register considerably higher on the Intelligence Scale than my counterpart in this exchange.

What signifies is that such weapons - where actually allowed - are tightly controlled and permitted.

Next slide, please.

Gun bans only work on the law abiding. Somehow the gun grabbers fail to comprehend that simple fact of reality.
No. They reduce the number of weapons in circulation which reduces the criminal use of them. The other developed nations demonstrate this simple fact, which admittedly is either ignored or can't be grasped.
Which is why gun crime in Europe keeps going up....

Permits.

Indeed.

Well-regulated.

Given the vast diversity of regulation from a thousand-and-one jurisdictions... weapons that are allowed under permit in some can be banned in another.

Then again, I'm not surprised that a Right Winger pounces upon the absence of such restrictions in Jurisdiction A to mean they're the same in B-Z.

Yeah, Sparky, I'm an idiot... but I'm consoled by the fact that I register considerably higher on the Intelligence Scale than my counterpart in this exchange.

What signifies is that such weapons - where actually allowed - are tightly controlled and permitted.

Next slide, please.
You're quite good at debunking things you claim I said but didn't. Feel free to bask in your own self-glorification.

You should if you care about your safety as much as you act. But idc either way.
There is NO OTHER GUARANTEE of safety. A man can kill you with his fists. How are you going to defend against that?
NO OTHER GUARANTEE of safety.
I can't imagine living in a country where one had to be so fearful. Rather you than me.

Just as well, nobody should try to deny the right to those who choose to own guns. The right to own and carry them is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment.
So is the responsibility to submit to the discipline of a militia, but that is conveniently ignored.

No you don't, or you would respect my right to be safe on my sidewalk.
That was funny because you [Old Lady] make it sound like you are entitled to it...
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness isn't it? Sounds like an entitlement to me.

The streets of London are now more deadly than New York, with the capital recording a higher murder rate for the first time in modern history in February."
Yet the UK's firearm homicide rate is a fraction of that of the US, reflecting the respective numbers of firearms in circulation.

Seems like useless political grandstanding given that the majority of gun violence and gun deaths are from handguns not so called assault weapons. But hey whatever makes them feel good about themselves because that's really what this is all about.

In a country that bans citizen ownership of guns, only criminals and the government will have guns. Have you ever read about the Third Reich, or Mao's take over of china? The first things banned-----------------------------guns and Bibles. Think about it.
A country that allows easy access to handguns and military style semi-automatic rifles will have a high firearm homicide rate and clock work mass killings. Think about it.

Seems like useless political grandstanding given that the majority of gun violence and gun deaths are from handguns not so called assault weapons. But hey whatever makes them feel good about themselves because that's really what this is all about.
They've said they feel unsafe because of the massacres and this is to reassure the populace. Have you not read the ordinance?

Forum List

Back