Illinois village bans assault weapons, to fine violators $1,000 per day

Shall we bow before our Public Masters?

• Yes Mi'lord

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
Oh, the laughable 'bans' you have in the US may not work, where a locality 'bans' guns while surrounded by an ocean of them. Yeah, that's ludicrous. It has to be done nationally.

In a country that bans citizen ownership of guns, only criminals and the government will have guns. Have you ever read about the Third Reich, or Mao's take over of china? The first things banned-----------------------------guns and Bibles. Think about it.

...Not irrelevant. The 2nd Amendment states "....shall not be infringed." The village idiots could have limited guns to single shot cap and ball.
Incorrect.

Deerfield residents may still own firearms; that right has not been infringed.

Public safety, however, requires that some classes of firearms may not be owned by private individuals.

Various bans on fully automatic weapons, artillery, etc., are all long-standing and have successfully passed muster in the law courts.

This is nothing different.

Besides... this is just a matter of "regulating" the "militia" "well", eh?

Another Morton Grove style gun ban?

Look at 2 cities, Morton Grove Il and Kennesaw Ga. One banned all handguns and the other required ownership of guns and ammunition. Care to guess which had a much lower crime rate? Care to guess which had a crime rate the grew much faster than the surrounding areas?

Goddamn! How am I supposed to defend myself wit just a shotgun, a Glock and Ruger 308?

The Glock would get you fined. Too many rounds in the magazine. The Ruger might get you fined depending on the model.

Would you like to try again to be snarky or just admit you don’t know much about guns?

I was disappointed to read in the morning paper that my favorite Dem for the governor's race in Maine is running on a BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS. ALL OF THEM. platform.
He'll never get primaried in this state. Too bad we lost him.
thank gawd ;)
Oh, mind your business. After 8 years of the Trumpian LePage, who knows what will happen. The legislature has tied up the referendum we passed for Ranked Choice Voting and it has been battling in court for over a year. They SAY we will have it by the primaries, but it is going to court again. Maine has a LOT of Independents and we are perfectly comfortable electing them. That is why Ranked Choice Voting is so important here.

...Not irrelevant. The 2nd Amendment states "....shall not be infringed." The village idiots could have limited guns to single shot cap and ball.
Incorrect.

Public safety, however, requires that some classes of firearms may not be owned by private individuals.

Various bans on fully automatic weapons, artillery, etc., are all long-standing and have successfully passed muster in the law courts.

Your astonishing ignorance is something to be ashamed of, not to be sneering as you expose it. The Mikitia was every able bodied man at the time of the Constitution and the Amendment. Well regulated meant that the Governor has the right and responsibility to name officers, to commission them. While serving actively, the members of the militia were subject to military law. Not restricted on weapons. Dunce.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Some have permits to legally own working tanks, fully automatic weapons, armor piercing ammunition, etc. I have a friend that owns a working tank and several fully-automatic Thompson machine guns.

I was disappointed to read in the morning paper that my favorite Dem for the governor's race in Maine is running on a BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS. ALL OF THEM. platform.
thank gawd ;)
Oh, mind your business. After 8 years of the Trumpian LePage, who knows what will happen. The legislature has tied up the referendum we passed for Ranked Choice Voting and it has been battling in court for over a year. They SAY we will have it by the primaries, but it is going to court again. Maine has a LOT of Independents and we are perfectly comfortable electing them. That is why Ranked Choice Voting is so important here.
Hey, i respect the rights of ALL americans. Sorry if that bothers you :D

thank gawd ;)
No you don't, or you would respect my right to be safe on my sidewalk.

Gun bans only work on the law abiding. Somehow the gun grabbers fail to comprehend that simple fact of reality.

Oh they comprehend it, their goal is to punish and threaten law abiding citizens. You can point out that criminals ignore their laws until you are blue in the face, they don't care because law abiding gun owners, dealers, manufactures are their true targets.

Goddamn! How am I supposed to defend myself wit just a shotgun, a Glock and Ruger 308?

The Glock would get you fined. Too many rounds in the magazine. The Ruger might get you fined depending on the model.

Would you like to try again to be snarky or just admit you don’t know much about guns?
Many Glocks will not hold 10 rounds. My Glock 27 .40 cal holds 8 +1. The Glock 19 9mm holds 15 with a standard magazine.

thank gawd ;)
I do. The right to be safe consists of you being able to defend yourself.
There is NO OTHER GUARANTEE of your safety. Thats why its so stupid for you to want our corrupt govt to take that right away.

thank gawd ;)
WHAT IS SO FUNNY? ARE YOU MORONS BACK TO HITTING FUNNY EVERYTIME YOU SEE MY NAME?

thank gawd ;)
WHAT IS SO FUNNY? ARE YOU MORONS BACK TO HITTING FUNNY EVERYTIME YOU SEE MY NAME?
I laughed when you said "oh, mind your business"
Sorry for thinking you made a funny. Maybe i should shove a corncob up my ass like you

thank gawd ;)
There is NO OTHER GUARANTEE of your safety. Thats why its so stupid for you to want our corrupt govt to take that right away.
You want to force me to learn how to operate a gun, buy and carry one. How is that respecting the rights of the 70% of Americans who choose NOT to own a weapon?

thank gawd ;)
I laughed when you said "oh, mind your business"
Sorry for thinking you made a funny. Maybe i should shove a corncob up my ass like you
I figured that for the mind your business post, but the next one wasn't "funny." You can stick that corncob right in your EAR.

thank gawd ;)
You want to force me to learn how to operate a gun, buy and carry one. How is that respecting the rights of the 70% of Americans who choose NOT to own a weapon?
You should if you care about your safety as much as you act. But idc either way.
There is NO OTHER GUARANTEE of safety. A man can kill you with his fists. How are you going to defend against that?
NO OTHER GUARANTEE of safety.

thank gawd ;)
Just as well, nobody should try to deny the right to those who choose to own guns. The right to own and carry them is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back