Illiterate Rachel Jeantel says she wants to be a lawyer!!!

They can give her free grades all they like but her ability to perform as a lawyer will be much less than qualified and as such she won't find work. She'll end up flipping burgers somewhere.

BS - she's black and lots of law firms will hire her just so they can tell the govt that they hire blacks. She'll have a do-nothing job and get $300,000 a year for it.

Jealous?

[

She's not bright, because..um..what?

She testified at a trial she didn't want to be at and under hostile conditions?

You do know she speaks several languages, correct?

Yeah she SAYS she speaks three languages - english, ebonics, and a dozen spanish words. Anyway she can't read. Why do nitwits like you always equate speaking a language with literacy in it.?

think

[

She testified at a trial she didn't want to be at and under hostile conditions?

You do know she speaks several languages, correct?

Yeah she SAYS she speaks three languages - english, ebonics, and a dozen spanish words. Anyway she can't read. Why do nitwits like you always equate speaking a language with literacy in it.?

think

She speaks French, Creole and English.

That's what they speak in Haiti.

She can read as well, just no cursive.

They can give her free grades all they like but her ability to perform as a lawyer will be much less than qualified and as such she won't find work. She'll end up flipping burgers somewhere.

BS - she's black and lots of law firms will hire her just so they can tell the govt that they hire blacks. She'll have a do-nothing job and get $300,000 a year for it.

Jealous?

Why would you even write that?

Reading between the lines, you'd seem to have ZERO problem with that particular outcome.

Some of you are so pessimistic.

People can better themselves. No matter how much you put them down, they can be better.

If she wants to be an attorney, she can work hard to become one.

It is not merely smarts which makes one an attorney... it takes something in addition. When I went to law school, admissions to law school were extremely tight. Only the brightest from college were admitted to even 2nd tier law schools. Even then a full 1/3rd would not survive the 1st year and another third would be lost before graduating from law school. They flunked out not because they were dumb, they flunked out because they could not learn how to think like a lawyer.

People can better themselves. No matter how much you put them down, they can be better.

No, she's way too stupid. If she were smart enough, she would long since have learned to READ.

And talk normally.

She speaks French, Creole and English.

That's what they speak in Haiti.

She can read as well, just no cursive.

You assert that, but news reports say she's pig-ignorant, and I expect they researched it better than a plain assertion based on nothing.

It is likely neither of these kids had an IQ over 80. A perfect match, but very nearly retarded in modern terms.

If they want to say she's works as an attorney for them, she has to pass the bar. She has to learn how to read above a 4th grade level which I sincerely doubt she has that ability.

In this great country of ours any child can grow up to be anything they want to be.....

In this case

IS SHE OUT OF HER FREAKING MIND!

I don't know whether to agree with you or despise you.

It's never unfair to underestimate the power of human desire, but a the same time this poor child isn't exactly the brightest candle I've ever seen.

Either way, it's a retarded topic. Just leave her alone.

She's not bright because she's not. Pretty straight forward.

It is not merely smarts which makes one an attorney... it takes something in addition. When I went to law school, admissions to law school were extremely tight. Only the brightest from college were admitted to even 2nd tier law schools. Even then a full 1/3rd would not survive the 1st year and another third would be lost before graduating from law school. They flunked out not because they were dumb, they flunked out because they could not learn how to think like a lawyer.

There's more to law then just Lawyers.

My Uncle was a paralegal when he got out of the Marines.

I admire you attitude. I hope you're correct.

Oh I am correct. She can work hard to become one.

Whether she will work hard enough to be one. I don't know.

HAHAHA. You liberal nitwits also think anyone can bench press 800 pounds if they just work at it.

Considering the world record bench press is under 800lbs, I don't think just anyone can do it.

However, we have thousands upon thousands of lawyers throughout this country. And contrary to what some thing, it doesn't take as much intelligence as you might think to get through law school. It takes work.

There's more to law then just Lawyers.

My Uncle was a paralegal when he got out of the Marines.

And there is more to medicine than doctors.

My sister has a doctorate in Nursing and heads the nursing department at a major public university... but she is not a medical doctor.

Really? Because I know some people who graduated law school who could barely write. It flabbergasted me when I realized that.

I've met some lawyers who aren't really that great intellectually at all.

it doesn't take intelligence. It takes doing the work.

HAHAHA. You liberal nitwits also think anyone can bench press 800 pounds if they just work at it.

Considering the world record bench press is under 800lbs, I don't think just anyone can do it.

However, we have thousands upon thousands of lawyers throughout this country. And contrary to what some thing, it doesn't take as much intelligence as you might think to get through law school. It takes work.

Avatar, did you see she didn't have the intelligence to make it through a sentence?

No, she's way too stupid. If she were smart enough, she would long since have learned to READ.

And talk normally.

Some people dont learn to read until they are adults. That doesn't mean they are stupid. Some are foreigners. Some are very brilliant. You just never realize it because they haven't had their full potential unlocked.

Avatar, did you see she didn't have the intelligence to make it through a sentence?

And how does that prevent her from learning how to?

Did she appear to you to be a dynamic, energetic, eager, go getter, disciplined, motivated type of person? can you change a person's personality?

Did she appear to you to be a dynamic, energetic, eager, go getter, disciplined, motivated type of person? can you change a person's personality?

I can't change another person's personality. But they can change their own personality. And God can change it.

Forum List

Back