I'm in Heaven!

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Just downloaded a torrent with over 1500 sci/fi and fantasy books in it. Looks like I'll be busy for a while. :)

• Banned
Just downloaded a torrent with over 1500 sci/fi and fantasy books in it. Looks like I'll be busy for a while. :)
Maybe not as busy as I thought. I'll probably only want to read about one in ten of them. I'm pretty selective. It does have many of my favorites. Shandril's Saga by Ed Greenwood. It's got several books by Elizabeth Moon, Jack Chalker. Asimov, Douglas Adams, Ben Bova, and it even has my favorites by Craig Shaw Gardner...All the giants of the genre. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get reacquainted.

Maybe not as busy as I thought. I'll probably only want to read about one in ten of them. I'm pretty selective. It does have many of my favorites. Shandril's Saga by Ed Greenwood. It's got several books by Elizabeth Moon, Jack Chalker. Asimov, Douglas Adams, Ben Bova, and it even has my favorites by Craig Shaw Gardner...All the giants of the genre. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get reacquainted.

Yeah I'm pretty selective as well....especially wading through books from amazon.
Some of them appear to be written by twelve year olds.

• Banned

Yeah I'm pretty selective as well....especially wading through books from amazon.
Same with video games. I grew up during the golden age of gaming. The graphics weren't as good, but they were a lot of fun. Remember Zelda? Donkey Kong? Most of the new games aren't worth playing.

Same with video games. I grew up during the golden age of gaming. The graphics weren't as good, but they were a lot of fun. Remember Zelda? Donkey Kong? Most of the new games aren't worth playing.

Oh yeah.
I remember the days of game rooms.
We'd play a few games and then figure out what kind of trouble we could get into.

• Banned

Oh yeah.
We'd play a few games and then figure out what kind of trouble we could get into.

Yeah. I wasted a lot of quarters trying to master Pac-Man. But I did it. I once played for over an hour on one quarter, then I had to go to the bathroom. I probably could have played it almost forever. The only way I could lose was to mess up a pattern. It only takes a split second, and then you're running for your life. I was also pretty good at centipede and Donkey Kong. I remember the day I got an Atari 2600 gaming console. I was ecstatic. Space Invaders. Tank battles. That's when I really became addicted to video games, and said goodbye, forever, to ever feeling rested again. I'm 52, and I've been playing video games since my early teens. I wouldn't be surprised if I have played over 100,000 hours worth of video games over the years. Easily done, just playing eight hours a day. And I've spent countless days playing ten+ hours a day. I have over ten thousand hours on my current laptop. I'm surprised it's still working after the way I've abused it. It never gets a rest.

Oh yeah.

Yeah. I wasted a lot of quarters trying to master Pac-Man. But I did it. I once played for over an hour on one quarter, then I had to go to the bathroom. I probably could have played it almost forever. The only way I could lose was to mess up a pattern. It only takes a split second, and then you're running for your life. I was also pretty good at centipede and Donkey Kong. I remember the day I got an Atari 2600 gaming console. I was ecstatic. Space Invaders. Tank battles. That's when I really became addicted to video games, and said goodbye, forever, to ever feeling rested again. I'm 52, and I've been playing video games since my early teens. I wouldn't be surprised if I have played over 100,000 hours worth of video games over the years. Easily done, just playing eight hours a day. And I've spent countless days playing ten+ hours a day. I have over ten thousand hours on my current laptop. I'm surprised it's still working after the way I've abused it. It never gets a rest.

I always liked Stargate and Asteroids and I'll never forget Pong,the first home video console.
Man have they come a long way!

• Banned

Oh yeah.

I always liked Stargate and Asteroids and I'll never forget Pong,the first home video console.
I'm old enough to remember when there was no such thing as home computers.

Oh yeah.

We're the same age so I do as well.
And while I enjoy all these advancements life sure seemed simpler back then.

Oh yeah.

I blame the internet. Any idiot can get online and say whatever they want. If I'm not mistaken, things didn't really start falling apart until after we got the internet up and running.

Oh yeah.

I blame the internet. Any idiot can get online and say whatever they want. If I'm not mistaken, things didn't really start falling apart until after we got the internet up and running.

The internet did slow the advance of liberalism although the left is fighting to censor content as we speak.
Back when all we had was the MSM the right had no voice.

Forum List

Back