I'm nearly 'bout ready to be baptised in Jesus' name...

Glad to hear you are going to be baptized. Just make sure you recieve the Holy Ghost afterwards or the Baptism is of no effect.

He doesn't care about your past. It takes as long as it takes. His eye is on your future. You are a child of the Most High. His other beloved child. Your name in the Book of Life. There is rejoicing in Heaven when you take that plunge. How exciting. I'm so happy for you. :)

I have no idea what it is like to be baptized, but I hope its a good day for you. I don't know what is an appropriate thing to say, sorry!

It is an act which completes your believing upon the Lord Jesus as your savior, Noomi. It is also a feeling of being brand new, it gives you a good conscience towards God. When you go down in that water it is symbolic of your sins being buried, your past is being buried and when you come up out of that water it is a symbol of your being washed and brand new in Christ.

It is actually found in 1 Peter 3: which is a chapter that is about wives and husbands and also about suffering for doing good!

Here it is:

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another, being sympathetic love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil for evil or insult for insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. ( salvation)

For,
Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good, he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, do not be frightened. But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have.

But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously about your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits who disobeyed long ago when god waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also - not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand - with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

- 1 Peter 3: 8 - 22

You are very precious to the LORD too, Noomi, and I know he desires to reveal his love to you and his plan for your life. By believing on Jesus Christs death at the cross and resurrection and calling upon him to be your savior you can also receive Christs forgiveness and this same salvation. Just as the Lord prepared Bill's heart for this moment so God desires to work in your life and prepare your heart also because you are very precious in his sight and I know the heart of God towards you is pure love, Noomi. His hand kept you even when you felt you could not keep yourself. Because of his great love for you. I know this because His hand kept me the same way. Until I came to him.

In Mark 16:16 Jesus told his disciples that they should preach the gospel and that those who believed the Gospel should be baptized and that is what Bill is doing. He is preparing himself to be baptised so that he will be obeying the LORD and having a good conscience towards God. When you are ready this is what you must do also. God loves you very much and I believe he has a great plan for your life. - Jeri

He doesn't care about your past. It takes as long as it takes. His eye is on your future. You are a child of the Most High. His other beloved child. Your name in the Book of Life. There is rejoicing in Heaven when you take that plunge. How exciting. I'm so happy for you. :)

thanks for those sweet and encouraging works, IR... :)

No you're not.

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

no...?! why not...? :confused:

Because you're too sensible.

And how do I know that?
You're still showing Frank Zappa. :thup:

(Too pranky too)

hey... jes' 'cause I'm lookin' to get baptized in Jesus' name don't mean I'm willing to get turned into a mindless robot...

make no mistake, I'm still gonna tell you to go fuck yourself whenever you deserve it...

but I'll of course do it in a loving way... just as I always have... :)

Last edited:
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

no...?! why not...? :confused:

Because you're too sensible.

And how do I know that?
You're still showing Frank Zappa. :thup:

(Too pranky too)

hey... jes' 'cause I'm lookin' to get baptized in Jesus' name don't mean I'm willing to get turned into a mindless robot...

make no mistake, I'm still gonna tell you to go fuck yourself whenever you deserve it...

but I'll of course do it in a loving way... just as I always have... :)

You mean - you were serious?

One just never knows witch yew. Stay slutty, Bill. You're good people. :thup:

Forum List

Back