🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 I'm Pretty Sure That This Isn't What God Had In Mind When It Comes To Sex and Marriage

If you followed scripture, 99% of brides would be stoned to death before their wedding day.

Not since the new covenant.

Um, Jesus never revoked Mosaic law.

Matthew 5:17 p“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Do you think it's good to trivialize marriage by having and/or participating in shows like "Married At First Sight" and other similar "reality TV" shows OP?

Matthew 5:17 p“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Facts!

That's actually saying that because Jesus knew that He was going to die on the cross for our sins the law wouldn't be abolished because He just took the punishment for us breaking the law. So the old law still exists, it's just that we're not held accountable for it anymore if we're in Christ. God's law anyways not the law of the land.

Do you think it's good to trivialize marriage by having and/or participating in shows like "Married At First Sight" and other similar "reality TV" shows OP?

No.

Jesus fulfilled the Law for the Jews and put us under a new, better covenant. He replaced the Law with love:

Hebrews 8:6 But Jesus has now obtained a superior ministry, and to that degree He is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been legally enacted on better promises.​

Galatians 5:14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Jesus fulfilled the Law for the Jews and put us under a new, better covenant. He replaced the Law with love:

Yes but like I said before, God's laws/commandments are still for us we just won't be held accountable for them if we truly are in Christ.

Hebrews 8:6 But Jesus has now obtained a superior ministry, and to that degree He is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been legally enacted on better promises.​

Galatians 5:14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Except the epistles aren't the words of Jesus. They are the words of the apostles... some of whom never met Jesus personally.

Here's the thing. Some things are actually revoked, such as the rules on Kosher, unless you are a Seventh Day Adventist, in which case they still apply.

But for the most part, God didn't change his mind on slavery or sleeping with your partner before marriage... we changed ours.

If you followed scripture, 99% of brides would be stoned to death before their wedding day.
In Ancient Israel, death penalty was very rare. Number of people executed for violating Sabbath or for sexual sins was in single digits over a millennium. No one would be stoned to death, but many people would be held in contempt.

But for the most part, God didn't change his mind on slavery or sleeping with your partner before marriage... we changed ours.

I can't argue with you there, but what actually constitutes a marriage is the controversary. I say it's commitment and devotion, most Christians think it's the law/ceremony. That's the conflict.

In Ancient Israel, death penalty was very rare. Number of people executed for violating Sabbath or for sexual sins was in single digits over a millennium. No one would be stoned to death, but many people would be held in contempt.

Except that's not what the bible says. The bible says that people should be executed for - being gay, working on the sabbath, not being a virgin on your wedding night, and a whole lot of other offenses I won't list here - how often they were carried out is besides the point.

That was God's law.

We are now mostly ignoring these laws. Because they are silly and they don't work within our current lives.

I can't argue with you there, but what actually constitutes a marriage is the controversary. I say it's commitment and devotion, most Christians think it's the law/ceremony. That's the conflict.

Okay, here's what marriage consists of.

Whatever the two people involved in it have agreed to.

Except that's not what the bible says. The bible says that people should be executed for - being gay, working on the sabbath, not being a virgin on your wedding night, and a whole lot of other offenses I won't list here - how often they were carried out is besides the point.

That was God's law.

We are now mostly ignoring these laws. Because they are silly and they don't work within our current lives.
No. Talmud elaborated The Law. Almost no one was executed over millennia. But these people could be ostracized. In 2022, no Chabad ostracizes these people.

And how are so-called conservative evangelicals doing on Galatians 5:14?

That's actually saying that because Jesus knew that He was going to die on the cross for our sins the law wouldn't be abolished because He just took the punishment for us breaking the law. So the old law still exists, it's just that we're not held accountable for it anymore if we're in Christ. God's law anyways not the law of the land.

No.
Are you suggesting that self-professed Christians are no longer expected to obey the Law?

Also, why do you think that conservative Evangelicals haven't come out against those types of "reality TV shows?"

Forum List

Back