Imagine...

/shrugs....not our problem that you've mistaken paradise for something not enjoyable.....you probably think you'll have to learn to play the harp and wear fake wings, too......
Forever... lol

pleasure forever, yes.....
Yes, forever, never to end. lol No conflict, no arguments, no negativity, nothing controversial, no debates, nothing to disturb a pleasurable experience, forever. lol :) You would be a robot.

Last edited:
Think about what Billy Graham said and multiply that by FOREVER...

“If God were to remove all evil from our world (but somehow leave human beings on the planet), it would mean that the essence of 'humanness' would be destroyed. We would become robots.

Let me explain what I mean by this. If God eliminated evil by programming us to perform only good acts, we would lose this distinguishing mark - the ability to make choices. We would no longer be free moral agents. We would be reduced to the status of robots.

Let's take this a step further. Robots do not love. God created us with the capacity to love. Love is based upon one's right to choose to love. We cannot force others to love us. We can make them serve us or obey us. But true love is founded upon one's freedom to choose to respond.”

Imagine going to heaven for eternity; praising the lord for eternity. Never to end. Not ever. Never ever. :)

It's impossible for finite beings to imagine the infinite in any real way. I go further and say it's probably impossible to appreciate spans of time greater than the span you've been alive. I'm 42 and thus can't envision an amount of time greater than that because I have nothing to compare it to in my first-hand experience. To me then, a lifetime is just 42 years.

“Spirituality is a particular term, which actually means, our dealing with intuition. In the theistic tradition there’s a notion of clinging into a word. A certain act is regarded as displeasing to divine principals and a certain act is regarded as pleasing for the divine… whatever.

In the tradition of non-theism, however, it is very direct that the case history are not particularly important. What is actually important is: ‘Here and Now’.
‘Now’ is definitely now. We try to experience what is available there, on the spot. There’s no point in thinking, that a past did exist, that we could have now.

This is ‘Now’.

This very moment.

Nothing mystical, just ‘Now’, very simple straightforward…. and from that ‘now-ness’ however, arises a sense of intelligence, always, that you are constantly interacting with the reality, one by one, spot by spot, constantly. We actually experience fantastic precision, always.

But, we are threatened by the ‘Now’ so, we jump to the past or the future.

Paying attention to the materials that exist in our life — such a rich life that we lead — all these choices take place all the time but none of them are regarded as ‘bad’ or ‘good’ per se. Everything we experience are unconditional experiences. They don’t come along with a label by saying:
‘this is regarded as bad’,
‘this is good’,

but, we experience them but, we don’t actually pay heed to them, properly. We don’t actually regard that we are going somewhere. We regard that as a hassle, waiting to be dead.

That’s the problem.

And that is not trusting the ‘now-ness’ properly. That what is actually experienced ‘Now’ possesses a lot of powerful things. It is so powerful that we can’t face it, therefore we have to borrow from the past and invite the future all the time.

Maybe that’s why we seek religion. Maybe that’s why we march in the street. Maybe that’s why we complain to society. Maybe that’s why we vote for the presidents. It’s quite ironic though and very funny indeed.”
— Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

Last edited:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Too bad that Mark David Chapman provided the counterpoint to John Lennon's idealistic song.

Only a good man with a gun can stop a bad man with a gun.

And there will always be bad men.

Lennon never seemed to understand this.

you don't even understand Lennon if you really think that

Forever... lol

pleasure forever, yes.....
Yes, forever, never to end. lol No conflict, no arguments, no negativity, nothing controversial, no debates, nothing to disturb a pleasurable experience, forever. lol :) You would be a robot.

????.....anyone leading a peaceful, pleasurable life is a robot?.......shucks, just think of it.....no more dimwits......no more need to go to boards like this, point and say, "oh look!.....stupid!".......

Think about what Billy Graham said and multiply that by FOREVER...

“If God were to remove all evil from our world (but somehow leave human beings on the planet), it would mean that the essence of 'humanness' would be destroyed. We would become robots.

Let me explain what I mean by this. If God eliminated evil by programming us to perform only good acts, we would lose this distinguishing mark - the ability to make choices. We would no longer be free moral agents. We would be reduced to the status of robots.

Let's take this a step further. Robots do not love. God created us with the capacity to love. Love is based upon one's right to choose to love. We cannot force others to love us. We can make them serve us or obey us. But true love is founded upon one's freedom to choose to respond.”

I'm curious......when you asked Eve if God had really said you shouldn't eat from the Tree, had you twined yourself around the trunk or were you laying in the grass.....

???.....anyone leading a peaceful, pleasurable life is a robot?.......shucks, just think of it.....no more dimwits......no more need to go to boards like this, point and say, "oh look!.....stupid!".......
That's right. No more internet, no more t.v., no radio, no cars, no telephone, no books, no job, no time, no sleep, and on and on. lol You will do nothing but have one great big huge kumbaya holding hands and praising the lord for eternity. :)

???.....anyone leading a peaceful, pleasurable life is a robot?.......shucks, just think of it.....no more dimwits......no more need to go to boards like this, point and say, "oh look!.....stupid!".......
That's right. No more internet, no more t.v., no radio, no cars, no telephone, no books, no job, no time, no sleep, and on and on. lol You will do nothing but have one great big huge kumbaya holding hands and praising the lord for eternity. :)

don't forget the rock climbing.....and scuba diving.....and of course, the sex.....

don't forget the rock climbing.....and scuba diving.....and of course, the sex.....
None of that. There are no rocks to climb or scuba diving or sex. You're in a place "outside" of space and time and the universe. You do nothing but exist and praise the lord for eternity.

None of that. There are no rocks to climb or scuba diving or sex. You're in a place "outside" of space and time and the universe. You do nothing but exist and praise the lord for eternity.
gosh that's fascinating....I'm curious though.....how did you get back?.......

Forum List

Back