Immigrant crime in Germany increasing...but...but...you guys said that wasn't happening...

There is no such thing as "free college education."

---
Picky, eh? Is public high school "free"?
Tuition is free in Germany, and sometimes other expenses ...

Katherine spent less than €500 ($570) a month in Cottbus, which included housing, transportation and healthcare. On top of that she received a monthly scholarship by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Council) of €750 ($815) which more than covered her costs.
"When I found out that just like Germans I'm studying for free, it was sort of mind blowing," Katherine says.

How US students get a university degree for free in Germany - BBC News

It isn't free...they pay for it through their taxes, which means that the Germans who don't have kids, and those who don't have kids going to college pay for those who do.....rather than those who go paying for themselves.....

Muslims are a problem everywhere they exist. Islam is a failed religion and a blight on humanity.

---
From my scientific perspective, ALL religions are "failed" when it comes to knowledge, but they often serve social benefits for the uneducated, poor, or lonely folks.

From my scientific perspective a lack in a belief in the Judeo/Christian God creates a moral vacuum that allows those embracing atheism the ability to fill mass graves at an alarming rate.....

---
You don't have a scientific perspective. If you did, you would be agnostic, or ignostic if you had a philosophical perspective.

You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want and when we are both dead we can compare notes.....

I read numerous world news sites daily and this is happening all over Europe. They let people in whose every experience and beliefs are against their way of life and one cannot expect anything different.

The problem will only decrease when they deport those people back to where they came from.

Muslims are a problem everywhere they exist. Islam is a failed religion and a blight on humanity.

---
From my scientific perspective, ALL religions are "failed" when it comes to knowledge, but they often serve social benefits for the uneducated, poor, or lonely folks.

From my scientific perspective a lack in a belief in the Judeo/Christian God creates a moral vacuum that allows those embracing atheism the ability to fill mass graves at an alarming rate.....

---
You don't have a scientific perspective. If you did, you would be agnostic, or ignostic if you had a philosophical perspective.

You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want and when we are both dead we can compare notes.....

---
When you are dead, you will not have functioning neurons to compare anything.

---

---

---

How do you know.....how often have you died?

---

Katherine spent less than €500 ($570) a month in Cottbus, which included housing, transportation and healthcare. On top of that she received a monthly scholarship by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Council) of €750 ($815) which more than covered her costs.
"When I found out that just like Germans I'm studying for free, it was sort of mind blowing," Katherine says.

It isn't free...they pay for it through their taxes, which means that the Germans who don't have kids, and those who don't have kids going to college pay for those who do.....rather than those who go paying for themselves.....

---
You can say life is not "free", and you "pay" to survive one way or another.
We live in a social world, so you can look at costs overall (taxes), but you should not ignore social benefits (education for all qualified).

The "free" education claim i made was from a student's perspective.
Compare that to expenses in USA.

---

---

Illogical.

---

---

---

Maybe he's a coward (get it?).

---

---

---

---
I don't know, and neither do you.
We can only observe & rationalize, and so far the evidence points to no consciousness when the brain dies, as when dementia sets in.

---

---
We live in a social world, so you can look at costs overall (taxes), but you should not ignore social benefits (education for all qualified).

And it isn't free for them either...that tax money comes from job creators and impacts the economy as a whole......for students majoring in 16th century medieval poetry.......so they absorb the money from other citizens to follow flights of fancy with no real world consequences for picking a stupid major...then they can go on the dole when they get out since they won't be qualified to do any real work....better they pay for it than their neighbor whose kid went to work, and didn't learn poetry....

---

---

---
We can only observe & rationalize, and so far the evidence points to no consciousness when the brain dies, as when dementia sets in.

The brain is only the computer....the soul is not the brain.....just like the computers on a submarine are not the crew...kill the computers, and the crew still exist......

---

---

---

Like I said...we will both know the truth when we die......you are no more accurate than I am.....you just think you are....

---

---

And it isn't free for them either...that tax money comes from job creators and impacts the economy as a whole......for students majoring in 16th century medieval poetry.......so they absorb the money from other citizens to follow flights of fancy with no real world consequences for picking a stupid major...then they can go on the dole when they get out since they won't be qualified to do any real work....better they pay for it than their neighbor whose kid went to work, and didn't learn poetry....

---
The free college tuition in Germany is only for qualified students applying for limited slots in various programs. Most students with degrees get employed and contribute to society. How else do you explain their strong economy?

---

---

---

Like I said...we will both know the truth when we die......you are no more accurate than I am.....you just think you are....

---
We both think ... until our brain dies.
We can't talk "accuracy" without evidence. You can fantasize, though.

---

---

---

The brain is only the computer....the soul is not the brain.....just like the computers on a submarine are not the crew...kill the computers, and the crew still exist......

---
What "soul"?
Consciousness is the term scientists & modern philosophers use, and it does not appear to exist without the brain.

---

---

---
What "soul"?
Consciousness is the term scientists & modern philosophers use, and it does not appear to exist without the brain.

There are many things in this universe that scientists have yet to explain.

I doubt some of them such as "soul" will never be scientifically defined. It is the same sort of thing that makes some people inherently evil and others good. Psychologists try but never seem able to pin it down.

---

---

---
What "soul"?

There are many things in this universe that scientists have yet to explain.

I doubt some of them such as "soul" will never be scientifically defined. It is the same sort of thing that makes some people inherently evil and others good. Psychologists try but never seem able to pin it down.

---
This thread is about immigration in Germany, so I will try to end my off-topic comments soon.

Science does not care about "soul" ideas. Can't observe it, can't measure it. No evidence. Maybe a fantasy.
"Inherently" good or evil?
Academic psychologists believe that behavioral patterns develop from genetic structures and experience.

Forum List

Back