Impeachment!

The Problem With Impeachment

Impeaching Donald Trump would do nothing to halt the deep decay that has beset the American republic. It would not magically restore democratic institutions. It would not return us to the rule of law. It would not curb the predatory appetites of the big banks, the war industry and corporations. It would not get corporate money out of politics or end our system of legalized bribery. It would not halt the wholesale surveillance and monitoring of the public by the security services. It would not end the reigns of terror practiced by paramilitary police in impoverished neighborhoods or the mass incarceration of 2.3 million citizens. It would not impede ICE from hunting down the undocumented and ripping children from their arms to pen them in cages. It would not halt the extraction of fossil fuels and the looming ecocide. It would not give us a press freed from the corporate mandate to turn news into burlesque for profit. It would not end our endless and futile wars. It would not ameliorate the hatred between the nation’s warring tribes—indeed would only exacerbate these hatreds.

Impeachment is about cosmetics. It is about replacing the public face of empire with a political mandarin such as Joe Biden, himself steeped in corruption and obsequious service to the rich and corporate power, who will carry out the same suicidal policies with appropriate regal decorum. The ruling elites have had enough of Trump’s vulgarity, stupidity and staggering ineptitude. They turned on him not over an egregious impeachable offense—there have been numerous impeachable offenses including the use of the presidency for personal enrichment, inciting violence and racism, passing on classified intelligence to foreign officials, obstruction of justice and a pathological inability to tell the truth—but because he made the fatal mistake of trying to take down a fellow member of the ruling elite.

"Impeachment is about cosmetics."

Was there anyone who thought impeachment would solve all the problems plaguing the U.S. of A.? ... Didn't think so. It's an opportunity for the country to declare that there are limits to the level and brazenness of corruption it is willing to tolerate. That cannot be anything other than a step into the right direction, even though there may be miles and miles left to travel.

The argument the author attempts to make is a fairly common one: One step ahead doesn't get me significantly closer to the top of that hill, not by any reasonable measure. So, there's no point taking that first step. With that mindset, no one ever gets on that hill. It's nonsense, and obviously so. However, the author is right, impeaching, or even removing, Trump, and then forgetting about all the other steps, is in fact pointless, everything else remaining as is, namely, the situation that created Trump in the first place, which makes more "Trumps" inevitable.

So, there's no reason not to take the first step. Falling back into the usual apathy thereafter, as if anything of significance had been accomplished, would be be catastrophic. There are more goofs and crooks to be voted out, and the best minds need to be gathered to figure out a way ahead so as to drag the political and economic systems into the 21st century.
The GOP Fox noise and Rush Limbaugh etc etc the Kochs adelsons Moons and Trump are the swamp. A disgrace. We'll see what the investigation turns up. The impeachment inquiry that is....

The Problem With Impeachment

Impeaching Donald Trump would do nothing to halt the deep decay that has beset the American republic. It would not magically restore democratic institutions. It would not return us to the rule of law. It would not curb the predatory appetites of the big banks, the war industry and corporations. It would not get corporate money out of politics or end our system of legalized bribery. It would not halt the wholesale surveillance and monitoring of the public by the security services. It would not end the reigns of terror practiced by paramilitary police in impoverished neighborhoods or the mass incarceration of 2.3 million citizens. It would not impede ICE from hunting down the undocumented and ripping children from their arms to pen them in cages. It would not halt the extraction of fossil fuels and the looming ecocide. It would not give us a press freed from the corporate mandate to turn news into burlesque for profit. It would not end our endless and futile wars. It would not ameliorate the hatred between the nation’s warring tribes—indeed would only exacerbate these hatreds.

Impeachment is about cosmetics. It is about replacing the public face of empire with a political mandarin such as Joe Biden, himself steeped in corruption and obsequious service to the rich and corporate power, who will carry out the same suicidal policies with appropriate regal decorum. The ruling elites have had enough of Trump’s vulgarity, stupidity and staggering ineptitude. They turned on him not over an egregious impeachable offense—there have been numerous impeachable offenses including the use of the presidency for personal enrichment, inciting violence and racism, passing on classified intelligence to foreign officials, obstruction of justice and a pathological inability to tell the truth—but because he made the fatal mistake of trying to take down a fellow member of the ruling elite.

"Impeachment is about cosmetics."

Was there anyone who thought impeachment would solve all the problems plaguing the U.S. of A.? ... Didn't think so. It's an opportunity for the country to declare that there are limits to the level and brazenness of corruption it is willing to tolerate. That cannot be anything other than a step into the right direction, even though there may be miles and miles left to travel.

The argument the author attempts to make is a fairly common one: One step ahead doesn't get me significantly closer to the top of that hill, not by any reasonable measure. So, there's no point taking that first step. With that mindset, no one ever gets on that hill. It's nonsense, and obviously so. However, the author is right, impeaching, or even removing, Trump, and then forgetting about all the other steps, is in fact pointless, everything else remaining as is, namely, the situation that created Trump in the first place, which makes more "Trumps" inevitable.

So, there's no reason not to take the first step. Falling back into the usual apathy thereafter, as if anything of significance had been accomplished, would be be catastrophic. There are more goofs and crooks to be voted out, and the best minds need to be gathered to figure out a way ahead so as to drag the political and economic systems into the 21st century.
The GOP Fox noise and Rush Limbaugh etc etc the Kochs adelsons Moons and Trump are the swamp. A disgrace. We'll see what the investigation turns up. The impeachment inquiry that is....

You libs better pick up the pace on this impeachment shit. Time's a wasting. You libs may have to vote for Trump next fall, to give yourself more time to work on the impeachment.

Brainwashed Dems when Fox is on;
giphy.gif

New Level of MAGA. WOW, Dopers are sick to support this.
View attachment 281522

Treason against America is a capital offense, Baz.

Further, earlier this week, Ultraliberal Presidential candidate Bill Weld promised to have President Trump executed if he is elected.

NONE of the other candidates denounced Weld over this. With Trump,he will always return fire against his enemies. Remember he grew up on the mean streets of New York, him and friends like Iron Mike Tyson, and they had to fight their way to the subway, or even to make it down to the local bodega to buy their mums a pack of pell mells.

Bologna. Trump is a spoiled rich kid who thought he could do whatever he wanted... And he is kind of an idiot.

Brainwashed Dems when Fox is on;
giphy.gif
bologna. It is only you GOP dupes that have to stay on the propaganda machine at all times. I watch Fox enough to know that primetime is a joke. Rush Limbaugh is always a joke. And you people believe it no matter what law enforcement and journalists say. All around the world except on your ridiculous media here in the US.

New Level of MAGA. WOW, Dopers are sick to support this.
View attachment 281522

Treason against America is a capital offense, Baz.

Further, earlier this week, Ultraliberal Presidential candidate Bill Weld promised to have President Trump executed if he is elected.

NONE of the other candidates denounced Weld over this. With Trump,he will always return fire against his enemies. Remember he grew up on the mean streets of New York, him and friends like Iron Mike Tyson, and they had to fight their way to the subway, or even to make it down to the local bodega to buy their mums a pack of pell mells.

Yes, it is. I recall they change the death sentence to life in prison some years back.
The CIA agent has not done anythang Treasonous act. The Agent has done legal acts.
Is not Bill Weld a Repugger? Running in the Repugger party? DOPers like to threaten to kill people more these days.

bologna. It is only you GOP dupes that have to stay on the propaganda machine at all times. I watch Fox enough to know that primetime is a joke. Rush Limbaugh is always a joke. And you people believe it no matter what law enforcement and journalists say. All around the world except on your ridiculous media here in the US.
Now you're assuming I'm a Republican.
I rest my case.

Now you're assuming I'm a Republican.
I rest my case.
if you don't vote Democrat you might as well be. And also duped by the GOP propaganda machine directly or indirectly to believe that crap.

“We want this to be done expeditiously,” the California representative instructed Democrats. “Expeditiously.”

Pelosi and other Democrats want to ensure they are not left running an impeachment investigation the public doesn’t support, so they are acting quickly.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/analysis-why-democrats-want-to-move-quickly-on-impeachment?utm_source=breaking_push&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=push_notifications
The Washington examiner is a fake newspaper only online and free sheets of crap all paid for by a greedy idiot GOP billionaire. The Washington Times the same thing but the moon family. The only newspapers For GOP crap are a few owned by Rupert Murdoch also owns Fox noise. Also ran the brexit campaign. Great job it seems like they all work for Putin causing chaos for no reason when they're not in power and causing World depressions and the stupidest Wars ever when they are in power..... You're a republican because you are a brainwashed functional moron. Or at least you vote that way.... Independent my ass or Whatever other ridiculous nomenclature you use classical liberal libertarian all GOP dupes.

the 30% brain washed GOP are the never trumpers and all leftist are brainwashed. Just look at the recent news about Ukraine your democrat media reported it and bam here we are you mindlessly attacking with it. So what will be next weeks news? Trump ate kittens?
Since 87% of Republicans support Trump, I would say you're talking about 13 percent. And about 5% of the country. I'm talking about the 87%, all bought off or brainwashed by the GOP propaganda machine like you...
Frankie you are so very wrong your TDS is showing.
can a president be impeached for being incompetent? That's what Trump asked at some point....

well I think he should be investigated and possibly impeached but not convicted. What an idiot.
Again Frankie your TDS limits your ability to make any sound judgment.
And you can't argue the facts because you don't know them, as a brainwashed GOP functional moron....asking the president of Ukraine for dirt on your political rival while withholding Aid in the face of Russian aggression is absolute unconstitutional illegal garbage. Not to mention half the other things he has done. I suppose you think the Trump campaign meeting with Russian agents over a hundred times without taking any notes is not a problem either.....
THE OBAMA YEARS PROVE THAT YOU LEFTIST ARE BRAINWASHED

“We want this to be done expeditiously,” the California representative instructed Democrats. “Expeditiously.”

Pelosi and other Democrats want to ensure they are not left running an impeachment investigation the public doesn’t support, so they are acting quickly.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/analysis-why-democrats-want-to-move-quickly-on-impeachment?utm_source=breaking_push&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=push_notifications
The Washington examiner is a fake newspaper only online and free sheets of crap all paid for by a greedy idiot GOP billionaire. The Washington Times the same thing but the moon family. The only newspapers For GOP crap are a few owned by Rupert Murdoch also owns Fox noise. Also ran the brexit campaign. Great job it seems like they all work for Putin causing chaos for no reason when they're not in power and causing World depressions and the stupidest Wars ever when they are in power..... You're a republican because you are a brainwashed functional moron. Or at least you vote that way.... Independent my ass or Whatever other ridiculous nomenclature you use classical liberal libertarian all GOP dupes.

I'm glad you mentioned Brexit.

The people of the United Kingdom voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU.

The Deep State and international cabals have prevented the people of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland from reclaiming their independence.

The story of those folks is similar to we Americans. The main difference is that President Trump just does it. The Iran "deal"- trashed. Paris Accords- trashed. NAFTA trashed, etc., etc.

Its time for Boris Johnson to sit and watch the way Trump is doing it and doing the same himself.

Trumpism is a worldwide movement, not just for America.

Sure, we want to Make America Great Again.

But we also want the Ukrainian people to Make Ukraine Great Again. And Saudi should work to Make Saudi Arabia Great Again, and the Congolese should be making Congo Great again

I wonder what the Great ORANGE Douche and the Douche team is doing now?

I would think they would be digging DEEP in the special extra Classified high National security archives (or just mass copying it) for dirt on real POTUS hiding things.
To Justify the Great Orange Douche crimes to stay out of jail. The Great Orange Douche will steal national secrets as so to bargain with it and expose all America to more damage.

See How Hilter wanted to go down for reference here. But the Douche will run to Russia rather than the pill and bullet in ITS head out.

View attachment 281374
How fitting the bitch I mean witch Pelosi on a witch hunt.

I like step #7. Can the Great Douche not come to the Senate to Whine on National TV about the whole impeachment done to IT?

Forum List

Back