CDZ Improvement for police when they arrest non-compliant suspects....use stretchers.

I just saw a video of 3 officers trying to arrest a suspect who would not comply. They had him in cuffs, but he wouldn't stand, he wouldn't walk, and the optics of them carrying the guy with his hands up behind his back could be used to say they were using excessive force...even though the suspect was the one causing the issue.

Here is a possible solution.........when they have a suspect.....call for a stretcher....put him on the stretcher in a van and lock it down......you can secure his limbs to the stretcher with less force...possibly, than physically lifting his body...it would also look less bad for the people videoing the arrest...

Thoughts?

It would cost some money....for the stretchers, but they could convert current wagons they use to lock stretchers down.......

What wagons?

The police have big vans, or wagons, that they use to hall in prisoners...a friend of my use to drive one of them.....

That is an old, worn out ambulance. Most police departments can't afford to use those, especially in the suburbs and rural areas.

It is a great great idea, but completely impractical for most settings.
Just hook the cuffs onto a drone and fly them over the nearest jail.

I just saw a video of 3 officers trying to arrest a suspect who would not comply. They had him in cuffs, but he wouldn't stand, he wouldn't walk, and the optics of them carrying the guy with his hands up behind his back could be used to say they were using excessive force...even though the suspect was the one causing the issue.

Here is a possible solution.........when they have a suspect.....call for a stretcher....put him on the stretcher in a van and lock it down......you can secure his limbs to the stretcher with less force...possibly, than physically lifting his body...it would also look less bad for the people videoing the arrest...

Thoughts?

It would cost some money....for the stretchers, but they could convert current wagons they use to lock stretchers down.......

What wagons?

The police have big vans, or wagons, that they use to hall in prisoners...a friend of my use to drive one of them.....

That is an old, worn out ambulance. Most police departments can't afford to use those, especially in the suburbs and rural areas.

It is a great great idea, but completely impractical for most settings.
Just hook the cuffs onto a drone and fly them over the nearest jail.

That's sounds great as an alternative!

Forum List

Back