CDZ Food for Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned

Isn't it time for working American's to get their fair share of the GDP?

working americans do not pay capital gains tax?----
they EVADE?

Working Americans suggests labor, a 40 hour work week, and an income which in most cases is below a Million Dollars in investments.

Please read the link.

why do I have to read the link----does it say that
people who own less than 1 million dollars in property
do not have to pay capital gains tax? If a blue collar worker sells a bit of property he owns in his own town---he need not pay capital gains tax?

do not have to pay capital gains tax? If a blue collar worker sells a bit of property he owns in his own town---he need not pay capital gains tax?
Only if the profit is more than $250,000.

The top1% can pay more in taxes, they have a lot of write offs. A lot of corps don't pay taxes now. We need to get rid of the loop holes.

Bring back the death tax.

• Banned

My home is worth $1.4 + million, if sold we (my wife and me) would pay capital gains tax; however, we will live here until we die and then the property - in the trust - will go equally to our two sons. Since it is below 5 million they would not pay any tax.

You mean like all those small businesses Democrats have ruined so they can enrich Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and the other technocrats?

Is that what you mean?

• Banned
You mean like all those small businesses Democrats have ruined so they can enrich Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and the other technocrats?

Is that what you mean?

"You mean"? Who are you targeting, and explain the first sentence, it makes no sense.

Is that what you mean?

"You mean"? Who are you targeting, and explain the first sentence, it makes no sense.
It should make perfect sense to those with a working understanding of the English language.

"You mean" as used in the language we should have all learned in school is tantamount to saying " for instance".

The Democratic Party destroyed small businesses in order to enrich the likes of Jeff Bezos, and so those whose businesses were ruined are no longer receiving their fair share of the gdp.

Is that what you mean?

It should make perfect sense to those with a working understanding of the English language.

"You mean" as used in the language we should have all learned in school is tantamount to saying " for instance".

The Democratic Party destroyed small businesses in order to enrich the likes of Jeff Bezos, and so those whose businesses were ruined are no longer receiving their fair share of the gdp.
I think we need to cut to the chase, I believe that "fair share" means "wealth redistribution".

Higher taxes have consequences, and not just for the rich.

Explain you comment: BTW, did you read the link?

Taxes must be fair and efficient. From the link:

Biden’s legislative priorities include several proposed tax hikes he’s been talking about for two years. He wants to raise the corporate tax rate from 21% to 28%. He’d boost the top individual income tax rate from 37% to 39.6% and raise the estate tax on holdings above $3.5 million. As for the capital gains tax, he’d raise it to the regular income-tax rate for people earning more than $1 million per year. If the top rate went to 39.6%, then the rate on long-term capital gains for the wealthy would rise from the current 20% to 39.6%. Biden insists he won't raise taxes on households earning less than $400,000, and his capital gains hike would directly affect just 0.3% of taxpayers.

My home is worth $1.4 + million, if sold we (my wife and me) would pay capital gains tax; however, we will live here until we die and then the property - in the trust - will go equally to our two sons. Since it is below 5 million they would not pay any tax.

Your home goes into a "Trust" why?

Higher taxes have consequences, and not just for the rich.

Explain you comment: BTW, did you read the link?

Taxes must be fair and efficient. From the link:

Biden’s legislative priorities include several proposed tax hikes he’s been talking about for two years. He wants to raise the corporate tax rate from 21% to 28%. He’d boost the top individual income tax rate from 37% to 39.6% and raise the estate tax on holdings above $3.5 million. As for the capital gains tax, he’d raise it to the regular income-tax rate for people earning more than $1 million per year. If the top rate went to 39.6%, then the rate on long-term capital gains for the wealthy would rise from the current 20% to 39.6%. Biden insists he won't raise taxes on households earning less than $400,000, and his capital gains hike would directly affect just 0.3% of taxpayers.
And that's before you add in the state taxes. Fair and efficient? Not buying into that for one second.

A trust is a legal document which includes a will, if you have children and own a home you need to see an attorney.

A trust is a legal document which includes a will, if you have children and own a home you need to see an attorney.

You put it in there to shield it from the taxation, we both know it.

Is that what you mean?

I think we need to cut to the chase, I believe that "fair share" means "wealth redistribution".
Yep, and not only that, the idea is to take from those who DO work and provide a benefit and give it to those with no interest in either.

Those of you that fall into average working person (under 100.000 a year) please show me where you have gained from the constant tax cuts for the super rich since the 1980s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back