In 2006 Obama voted to filibuster Supreme Court Nominee Alito

You genuinely can't tell the difference between opposition to a particular candidate that a senator doesn't feel should be a supreme court justice......and opposition to ANY candidate that a president will nominate, regardless of who they are?

If not, wow. Just....wow.

I know. Most people immediately suffer an immediate inferiority complex whenever I'm around. Bear with it.

Laughing.......so that's a 'no', you can't tell the difference?

Not my problem. The problem belongs to the Democrats.

Oh, this is a major GOP fuck up. They reacted too strongly, limiting their options and forcing themselves onto only one path. They could have simply rejected any individual candidate that Obama nominated and gotten the same result. Plus had plenty of wiggle room.

But in the current clusterfuck that is the Grand Old Party, even the possibility of compromise is anathema. So they just defined their legacy: party above principle. Party above the nation. Party above anything.

And that's how the GOP will be remembered.
Very true
Republicans overplayed their hand
Rather than let it play out and voicing specific issues with the candidate, McConnell made it clear it was Obama who he objected to
Blatant partisan politics

Utterly. They're in full panic mode. The party is in tatters, they have a reality star as their front runner with highest disapproval rating of any candidate....ever. And their debates have devolved into creative ways of calling each other liars.

And like political amateurs, they limit their options, take the most extreme, restrictive position possible.....and have no exit strategy. Worse, they removed even a possibility of a historical narrative for their party's tenure under Obama as anything other than hysteric partisan obstructionists who put their own political ambitions above the needs of the country.

I know. Most people immediately suffer an immediate inferiority complex whenever I'm around. Bear with it.

Oh, this is a major GOP fuck up. They reacted too strongly, limiting their options and forcing themselves onto only one path. They could have simply rejected any individual candidate that Obama nominated and gotten the same result. Plus had plenty of wiggle room.

But in the current clusterfuck that is the Grand Old Party, even the possibility of compromise is anathema. So they just defined their legacy: party above principle. Party above the nation. Party above anything.

From the looks of the polling, they'll be around for at least eight more years.

The polling that puts your frontrunner as the having the highest disapproval rating with the general electorate.....ever?

Or is that the polling that tells you how many Trump supporters would leave the GOP and go with Trump if he carried through with his threat do go third party? Remember, the GOP is tearing itself apart. The last GOP debate was like watching a group of 4 year olds learning how to curse.

Actually, If Debbie doesn't use her nuclear option and use her super delegates to nullify the Democrat voters, Hillary will lose even Nevada.
Trump will not run Independent. Trump is playing the RNC and the Liberal media. His threats are getting him tons of free publicity. Trump is the smartest individual running. All the others, including Hillary are spending millions.

Very true
Rather than let it play out and voicing specific issues with the candidate, McConnell made it clear it was Obama who he objected to

Utterly. They're in full panic mode. The party is in tatters, they have a reality star as their front runner with highest disapproval rating of any candidate....ever. And their debates have devolved into creative ways of calling each other liars.

And like political amateurs, they limit their options, take the most extreme, restrictive position possible.....and have no exit strategy. Worse, they removed even a possibility of a historical narrative for their party's tenure under Obama as anything other than hysteric partisan obstructionists who put their own political ambitions above the needs of the country.

Dream on. He will win South Carolina bya landslide and then run the board.

You genuinely can't tell the difference between opposition to a particular candidate that a senator doesn't feel should be a supreme court justice......and opposition to ANY candidate that a president will nominate, regardless of who they are?

At least they won't be remembered for blindly supporting a candidate that should be in Leavenworth, and that the MAJORITY of Americans say they CAN'T TRUST....

Face it, the Democrats are the poster children for blind party loyalty!!!!

Your leading candidate is a reality television star who is threatening to go rogue and fracture the GOP with a third party run. Your ilk are strapping on tin foil, imagining increasingly shrill batshit conspiracies about how Justice Scalia was 'murdered'. The conservative poster child, Cliven 'let me tell you about the negro' bundy was just sent to jail along with his kids. And your senators just announced an unprecedented degree of extremist obstructionism, refusing to allow Scalia's seat on the Supreme Court to be filled for the rest of the year.

And its fucking February.

The Democrats are the least of your concerns.

Very true

Trump? Probably. But being able to convince South Carolina conservatives to vote for a reality TV star doesn't make Trump even remotely electable with the general electorate.

Remember, from the outside looking in, you poor fucks are running around like chickens with your heads cut off, in total disarray.

Can YOU honestly tell that there is NO difference between the Democrats stating they would NOT confirm ANY of Bush's choices during his last 19 months in office, and the Republicans taking the same stance with Obungles when HE just has 10 months left????
View attachment 63721

Can YOU honestly tell that there is NO difference between the Democrats stating they would NOT confirm ANY of Bush's choices during his last 19 months in office, and the Republicans taking the same stance with Obungles when HE just has 10 months left????
View attachment 63721

Can you quote 'the democrats' saying that they won't confirm any of Bush's choices for the last 19 months in office?

I can quote the repulicans doing this, with Mitch McConnel at their head...with currently only one republican senator balking. Show me the quote of the democrats doing the same. Not a random democrat. All the democrats in the senate, save one or two.

Totally immaterial. Motion denied.

Laughing......so the democrats did the exact same thing. Unless we actually ask you to quote them doing it. Then its nothing but excuses.

How did I know that was coming.
Alito got approved.

The only appropriate reason for any member of the Senate to vote against confirming a Supreme Court appointee is lack of qualification.

This is not an election nor a popularity contest. The job is to advise and consent regarding whether or not the appointee is qualified. Period.

Now...that said....which one of you nutbags is going to prove that Obama wanted to deny Alito's confirmation based on anything other than his contention that he was not qualified?

Your problem is that it is not Obama who decides what business the Senate will take up on any given day. That decision rests with Mitch McConnell. Harry Reid sat on over 300 Bills simply because he did not wish to bring them to the floor or assign them to committee.

At least they won't be remembered for blindly supporting a candidate that should be in Leavenworth, and that the MAJORITY of Americans say they CAN'T TRUST....

Your leading candidate is a reality television star who is threatening to go rogue and fracture the GOP with a third party run. Your ilk are strapping on tin foil, imagining increasingly shrill batshit conspiracies about how Justice Scalia was 'murdered'. The conservative poster child, Cliven 'let me tell you about the negro' bundy was just sent to jail along with his kids. And your senators just announced an unprecedented degree of extremist obstructionism, refusing to allow Scalia's seat on the Supreme Court to be filled for the rest of the year.

How do you know? Were you in the same room as Trump while he makes decision? By your standards, you have to know a politician personally to understand what he is telegraphing, right? I get it....another ultra-liberal pseudo-intellectual Obama groupie. HaHa You know what they say about groupies? Don't jump in my fox hole, girl!

Very true

Trump? Probably. But being able to convince South Carolina conservatives to vote for a reality TV star doesn't make Trump even remotely electable with the general electorate.

Remember, from the outside looking in, you poor fucks are running around like chickens with your heads cut off, in total disarray.

Most of you have predicted his demise already four or five times. Just wait and see. The rest of America are not the Liberal loons that are on USMB every day.

View attachment 63721

View attachment 63721

Can you quote 'the democrats' saying that they won't confirm any of Bush's choices for the last 19 months in office?

I can quote the repulicans doing this, with Mitch McConnel at their head...with currently only one republican senator balking. Show me the quote of the democrats doing the same. Not a random democrat. All the democrats in the senate, save one or two.

Totally immaterial. Motion denied.

Laughing......so the democrats did the exact same thing. Unless we actually ask you to quote them doing it. Then its nothing but excuses.

How did I know that was coming.
Alito got approved.

Bully for him.

Very true

And all the Democrats have are a candidate under criminal investigation, and a bum whose entire life consists of sucking off the public teat!!!

Wow, talk about choices!!!!

How do you know? Were you in the same room as Trump while he makes decision? By your standards, you have to know a politician personally to understand what he is telegraphing, right? I get it....another ultra-liberal pseudo-intellectual Obama groupie. HaHa You know what they say about groupies? Don't jump in my fox hole, girl!

I can actually quote Trump threatening to do exactly what I'm attributing to him. He's actually threatened to go third party.

See, that's the difference between us. I use what folks say to determine what they believe. You just make shit up, quoting yourself AS the people you pretend to speak for.

Very true

Most of you have predicted his demise already four or five times. Just wait and see. The rest of America are not the Liberal loons that are on USMB every day.

The highest unfavorability rating of any candidate ever.

Trump polls among the worse of the GOP candidates against Hillary or Sanders. And a solid majority of folks can't stand him. You were just talking about polling a few posts ago. Not so much now.

They waited until someone was nominated before filibustering. Republicans have already promised to filibuster no matter who Obama picks.

Yeah but with this group, who are clearly desperate, will compare an apple and an orange to change the conversation to fruits in general when you are discussing apple juice specifically.

Do you like apple juice?

Yeah, Orange juice is great

Wha?

You're afraid to talk about orange juice you liar!!

Very true

We are talking about leaving a Supreme Court seat open for well over a year

What will happen as case after case comes back 4-4 and Republicans are sitting on a qualified candidate......in an election year?

The only appropriate reason for any member of the Senate to vote against confirming a Supreme Court appointee is lack of qualification.

This is not an election nor a popularity contest. The job is to advise and consent regarding whether or not the appointee is qualified. Period.

Now...that said....which one of you nutbags is going to prove that Obama wanted to deny Alito's confirmation based on anything other than his contention that he was not qualified?

Your problem is that it is not Obama who decides what business the Senate will take up on any given day. That decision rests with Mitch McConnell. Harry Reid sat on over 300 Bills simply because he did not wish to bring them to the floor or assign them to committee.
Very true

And let McConnell explain why he can't find the time to approve a Supreme Court justice because he is holding another repeal Obamacare vote or Benghazi hearing

Very true

The highest unfavorability rating of any candidate ever.

Trump polls among the worse of the GOP candidates against Hillary or Sanders. And a solid majority of folks can't stand him. You were just talking about polling a few posts ago. Not so much now.
How about a dead heat???
Clinton vs. Trump: Still A Dead Heat - Rasmussen Reports™

It should get real interesting when the FBI releases the results of their investigation on Hillary!!!!

This whole controversy would vanish overnight if we would do the smart thing and amend the constitution so judges are elected. They insist on being legislators and thus should be answerable to the voters.

Forum List

Back