In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

Republicans love corruption.

May 19 2022
As much as 2.09 million barrels a day of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel shipped out from the U.S. Gulf Coast in April, Bloomberg reports. Most went to Latin America, where diesel fuel demand will remain high during the Southern Hemisphere’s winter. Mexico is expected to be a leading customer for American diesel, which is already a dollar more expensive per gallon than regular gasoline.

Yeah, those oil companies are really looking out for Americans and America.
BUT, it's Biden's FAULT.
How is getting the best price for your product "corruption?"

The bill refers to "unconscionably excessive" prices.

It describes aggravating factors as:

(i) Whether the amount charged by such person grossly exceeds the average price at which the consumer fuel was offered for sale by such person during—
(I) the 30-day period before the date on which the proclamation was issued; or​
(II) another appropriate benchmark period, as determined by the Commission.​
(ii) Whether the amount charged by such person grossly exceeds the price at which the same or a similar consumer fuel was readily obtainable in the same area from other sellers during the energy emergency period.
It's a stupid bill. Oil companies don't control the price of oil

It's a stupid bill. Oil companies don't control the price of oil
Yg8a7ia.jpg

not all of the price of gas is due to the price of oil

The fallacy of this thread is the seriously ignorant and stupid supposition that a bill’s title and label and alleged purpose has fuck-all to do with whether the bill is worthy of support.

I realize this point was already made by an intelligent observer in this very thread. But it bears repetition. The title and alleged purpose of a piece of legislation is often very different than what it actually seeks to accomplish or authorize.

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations and every single republican voted no.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.

A bill to help against Price Gouging and corporations cutting the "little guy" by messing with oil and gas prices in the country was voted "Nay" by every House GOP member.

These are the same folks who go to any camera they can find and complain about gas prices. Thoughts?

EDIT: Full Bill (thanks to Kosh)

Democrats trying to cover for Brandon's failed energy policies. So they try to blame price gouging. I would vote against the bullshit bill also

Forum List

Back