In a world without guns...the strong and the many can brutally beat the weak and outnumbered...

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany.

Not one.

Instead we say batshit crazy comparisons between the US and Estonia (!), the US and Russia, and no doubt any moment now, the US and Fiji.

I have to say, some days the standard of debate on this forum really makes me wonder about the US school system.
Why on earth do you think France and Germany are similar to the US?

No American thinks that.
Because saigon isn't American.
Exactly my point.

Quite frankly I'm sick of foreigners preaching to Americans how we should be more like them.
I`m not a foreigner so is it alright for me to exercise my 1st amendment rights?
And my reply to Americans who want to curb gun rights is:

If you want to get rid of all guns then amend the Constitution.

Indeed.

This may be the main reason why am able to look at the issue dispassionately where so many others are not.

(I have met many Amricans who CAN look at this issue objectively, but not too many are on this thread so far!!)

Yes..of course....you are SOOO advanced and above it all.... and humble too..
It must be quite a burden to be smarter than everyone else..:rolleyes:

"In a world without guns...the strong and the many can brutally beat the weak and outnumbered..."

The meek will inherit the earth.

:Boom2:

Rik -

Finland has a high level of gun ownership.

Finland has a high level of gun-related homicides.

It's not difficult stuff, this.
You are right. It is not that difficult. Which is why you sound idiotic.

hitler-youth.jpg

Raise your right hand if you support gun control

Rik -

Finland has a high level of gun ownership.

Finland has a high level of gun-related homicides.

It's not difficult stuff, this.

Agreed. All we need is a nation with a homogeneous population equal to three NY City boroughs in an area the size of New Mexico

Finland

Ethnic groups:
Finn 93.4%, Swede 5.6%, Russian 0.5%, Estonian 0.3%, Roma (Gypsy) 0.1%, Sami 0.1% (2006)
Languages:
Finnish (official) 94.2%, Swedish (official) 5.5%, other (small Sami- and Russian-speaking minorities) 0.2% (2012 est.)
Religions:
Lutheran 78.4%, Orthodox 1.1%, other Christian 1.1%, other 0.2%, none 19.2% (2010 est.)
Population:
5,268,799 (July 2014 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fi.html[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
[TBODY]

Do the Germans,
French and British have the same an equivalent level of gangs as we do...with the same level of violent activity..keep in mind we also have,major,drug cartels right on our southern border...

Last edited:

Indeed.

This may be the main reason why am able to look at the issue dispassionately where so many others are not.

(I have met many Amricans who CAN look at this issue objectively, but not too many are on this thread so far!!)

Yes..of course....you are SOOO advanced and above it all.... and humble too..
It must be quite a burden to be smarter than everyone else..:rolleyes:

It's not being 'advanced' Rota.

My point is that outsiders can sometimes be more objective on an issue than people who live close to it.

It may well be that you would have a more objective take on some very sensitive Finnish issues than many Finns do.

Either way, there has to be a reason why some Americans would insist that the US simply cannot be compared to any other country in the world, despite all obvious evidence to the contrary

Indeed.

It's easy to be dispassionate about curtailing the rights of others when you have never been privileged to have those same rights.

Which is why We Americans don't really care about the opinions of foreigners when it comes to our domestic policies

Notice that Saigon has not addressed the positive side of gun use in the U.S....saving more lives and stopping more crime than is committed...

I don't care who you compare us to.
Your anti american agenda has been exposed.
In spite of people politely showing you data and statistics that support their argument, you resort to snark and semantic distortion..
You're here to agitate and be provocative.
Have fun.

Forum List

Back